[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Rock Band 4 PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: RB4PC_Fig_Avatar_BACKER.png (667 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
RB4PC_Fig_Avatar_BACKER.png
667 KB, 700x700
TFW I really wanted this to succeed even though it's related at all to Shaffer and RB4 was a huge stumble, just because the Rock Band Network was such a badass feature.

I was in talks with bands I worked with on the old RBN, as well as a few really exciting new bands that would've fit in great, but now the dream dies. I'm not sure why I'm posting it here of all places, but I'm mourning, /v/.

Why couldn't Harmonix just put a bit more effort into the campaign towards the beginning? Having the AMA and the investor interview thing would've been fucking great to LAUNCH with, instead of happening days before the end of the campaign after everyone's already judged them as greedy jews.

I'm losing faith, /v/, hold me.
>>
Oh, and also ITT:
Why the fuck does fig.co exist and why is it so much shit?
>>
I wanted it to succeed as well but come the fuck on: 1.5M for a port?
>>
>>333199075
Funny enough, I know guys working at Sumo Digital (had a funny run-in with some of them when the old RBN was a thing. Story for another thread, I think) and they were pumped as shit to work on Rock Band for PC, some of their employees were even backing the project themselves, which is crazy since they're essentially paying themselves, lol.

Or I guess ensuring a paycheck? Hmm maybe it's pretty genius after all...
>>
>>333199075
Harmonix has no money now that they're INDIE.

Shit on RB3 all you want but that game clearly had one hell of a budget behind it
>>
>>333200596
It did. I still think their priorities were fucked up for RB4, at least a bit. Though I understand the frustration, the exports thing wasn't their fault at least.
>>
>>333198689
>>333200596
Not like Guitar Hero Live is doing any better, they cut a lot of jobs recently.
>>
>>333202246
True that. Not to mention they had a functional Guitar Hero 7 before it got scrapped for GHL. (Whoops)
>>
File: 1413018291452.gif (218 KB, 584x720) Image search: [Google]
1413018291452.gif
218 KB, 584x720
So whats the general opinion on Rock Band 4 anyway? I just got it on PS4 cause it was going super cheap for the entire set.
I hear the track list isn't the best, I recognize almost nothing but thats just me having general shit knowledge on music.

Some really nice DLC songs though. How often are they updated?
>>
>>333198689
> $1.5 million
> For a late PC port

So this is the power of console developers.jpg
>>
>>333202873
Shit playlist. I'm not expecting Neutral Milk Hotel or any /mu/-core bullshit but its literally all pop songs
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 479x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 479x320
>>333203171
>not expecting nmh

Why the fuck not?
>>
>>333202873

The tracklist grew on me, personally. A lot of the songs are a ton of fun to play. It's now one of my favourites. They need to add a practice mode, though.

One thing to look out from DLC-wise is that some songs don't seem to be uploaded, but they will still charge you. Fucking ridiculous. It's only happened on a couple though, out of maybe 30 or so songs I've got on it.
>>
>>333203414
What the fuck with DLC shit.
Is that a known issue? Thats ridiculous
>>
>>333203414
>>333203643
I just looked it up. Its pretty common.
Though found this.

>Here is a possible way to get the downloaded items. I had the same problem where I purchased free tracks and didn't immediately download them so I was unable to access them from the Playstation Store or through Rock Band 4.
Go to the Playstation Store via a browser (https://store.playstation.com) and log in. From there under your name there is a dropdown that has a link called "Download List". In there I was able to find most if not all of my purchased tracks and then remotely downloaded them to the PS4. I pushed the downloads while I'm at work so I'll have to confirm when I get home that this method works.

May be worth a shot
>>
File: 1435200326229.jpg (183 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1435200326229.jpg
183 KB, 1124x1024
Man Rock Band 2 was such a great fucking game. Better in every way from Rock Band 1 and a great setlist as well. It's a real shame about RB3 turning out the way it did, mostly because of series fatigue caused entirely by Activision.

I really wanted Rock Band 4 to succeed so that we could get it on PC and finally have a decent custom tracklist, but I don't think that's going to happen unless some company teams up with Harmonix. It's also pretty rough because most people's instruments have been in storage for so long that they've stopped working.
>>
>>333202873
It's an unpopular opinion, but I think RB4 has the best default setlist in the series. Certainly a step up from how mostly mediocre the setlist in RB3 was.

Shame RB3 is a better game in basically every way.
>>
>>333204252
What makes RB4 so bad?
I've only played 4 so i wouldnt know.
>>
>>333203856

I'll have a look at that, thanks. I didn't know if it was related to certain songs, although I did get Rock Band back in November and the song still won't download through normal means.
>>
File: 1410391057931.jpg (23 KB, 320x318) Image search: [Google]
1410391057931.jpg
23 KB, 320x318
>>333204490
From what I've read, there's no online play in 4, a butchered practice mode, no Pro Controller support, no Piano, you can't buy RB4 instruments outside of bundles with the game included unless you go secondhand, which really hampered sales.

Madcatz lost a shitload of people because of the investment as well. Also the artstyle looks a bit more extreme compared to RB3, which already looked a bit worse compared to RB2.

Gameplay-wise it's sound, but the setlist is pretty awful, all things considered.
>>
If it were a Kickstarter I would've donated, but being in any way associated with Tim Schafer and his site made me really wary.

I want Rock Band to come back.
>>
>>333204252
Don't worry, I think that Rock Band 4's soundtrack was excellent, honestly. I was really let down by 3's overall setlist (how do you top 2's though? You can't easily) but 4 I figured had a really solid one, and just about every song was fun as hell to play on guitar anyway.

>>333204490
It launched with a lot of bugs and missing features. Luckily a lot of them have been addressed, but we're still waiting on some of the big features.

Setlist creation and Practice Mode are coming back, and presumably online play is going to make a comeback eventually.

Imagine the mods for Rock Band 4 PC though. We could not only have RBN officially back, but potentially earlier online support and keys, rhythm guitar, whatever you want. As an RBN author, shit was super exciting.
>>
>>333203643
>>333203856
Harmonix has addressed the situation, but as they've stated many times before, it's a first party issue, and there's not a whole lot they can do about it until Sony or Microsoft get around to fixing it. I really wish that we could turn the exports bitching into emails to those company's support teams instead.
>>
I've been trying to plot a way to get the rb3 export but I don't actually know anyone that still has a ps3. I'll probably end up piecemealing the dlc. Also, there's no faqs and only 1 halfass list I could find of what tour choice unlocks what.
>>
>>333198689
>/v/, hold me.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>333198689
OP here
I've been seeing that there have been some pledges since I made the thread. If it was any of you guys, bless you, you have no idea how much it means to me. If some miracle happens and it gets funded, I promise to try my best to get those RBN songs that you've been asking for since the first run of RBN.

TL;DR: OP is a fag that is way too attached to a rhythm game that changed his life for the better.
>>
>>333205578
Ah thats good know that those features are coming back.
Do you think they still are even though its not been doing so hot?
>>
>>333206189
It's only gay if the dicks touch, right?
>>
>>333206364
Honestly though, the shitty "hold me" meme triggers me.

I'm sorry for meming back by saying "stopped reading there" at the last sentence.

I hope RB4 makes it to PC. I dont have an Xbone or PS4, and the mod support would be amazing.
>>
>>333204490
>No online mode
>No practice mode
>No Rock Band Network support, even on songs you already own
>no setlists until 6 months after release
>No pro instruments which I can understand skipping Pro Guitar and Bass, but Keys and Pro Keys is still a huge loss
>character animations and models are complete ass
>no filters on the song cinematics which gave each song its own personality
>tons of bugs, including a broken drum calibration and lag on vocals
>new DLC consists of a bunch of pop songs so Harmonix can get maximum dosh

It's a completely barebones mess that shows how bad Harmonix got in terms of funding.
>>
>>333206258
Well, they promised that Practice and Setlist creation are coming back (Setlist creating should be out...tomorrow I think? Sometime this week), and they fixed a ton of issues in legacy songs that have been bothering people since RB1, since their new framework allows them to actually update old songs this time around.

The online support is something that isn't confirmed, but isn't "off the table" either. I think HMX knows that they need to add online eventually to be taken seriously, and that it's a huge disappointment to not have it after it was so key in every other game in the main series.

The other stuff like keys, rhythm guitar, etc were all ideas I was throwing out there for potential mods on the PC version if it were to happen, since HMX have been very open to the modding community since their Guitar Hero days. (RBN was made mostly thanks to the huge GH2 modding scene back in the day!)
>>
Should have had all the music streamed rather than have it be downloaded on to the hard drive, they could have just looked at how music is being consumed nowadays. Sure people would complain about having to always be online but it's a more desirable outcome than having the jank system to redeem a shit ton of songs you bought from the previous games.
>>
>>333206258
Madcatz, the publisher for the game and maker of its peripherals, declared some financial issues a while ago and had its president step down. That and the fact Harmonix needed an absurd amount of money just for a port makes me think they aren't doing so well.
>>
>>333206554
Ah, my bad for responding that way too, sometimes I forget that not every anon is a jerk. Will try to avoid further shit like that in any threads I make down the road.
>>
>>333207127
I almost wanted to say that Rock Band's absurd cost in general (it cost over $10 million to make RB4 on consoles last I heard) comes from licensing fees from the music industry. As someone who's worked with people in the music biz (and licensing songs for RBN of yesteryear), shit was stupidly expensive.

I even had an artist try to suggest I should pay him over 1k to just feature his song in Rock Band after doing all the work for him, and still pay him all the proceeds on the revenue too... I can only imagine what big record labels are like with shit like Van Halen and the Elvis estate.
>>
>>333206254
Dude, what if someone tweets Dave Grohl about this or some shit?
That might even work.
>>
>>333208987
Nah, I tweeted a ton of big name musicians, and companies. The only like two of them responded and it didn't make a single dent.
>>
File: 1459780393915.gif (2 MB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
1459780393915.gif
2 MB, 540x300
>1.500.000 bucks for a port with zero advertisement

>porting the worst Rock Band

>Rocksmith is already on PC and successfully clearing the demand
>>
>>333209312
Shiiiiiiet, Anon, you really did put a lot of effort into it. I started off with Guitar Hero 2 and pretty much stuck with that 'til I got a ps3 like 2 years ago with Rock Band 3. Had a lot of good times with it all but I've pretty much let go of the series.
I'll go back and play 3 if I want some, that's basically the major reason I actually got that ps3 in the first place. I just hope for their sake they can get their priorities straight in terms of what 4 actually needs to improve right now and some more interesting DLC choices.
I thought it was awesome they finally put Symphony X in, but hot diggidy, all that cringing I did every time I mail would roll in about having added Justin Bieber, One Direction and 5 Seconds Of Summer.

It's time to let go gently, Anon. Cherish the memories and push Harmonix along the road so they can learn from these mistakes.
>>
>>333210594
;_;
>>
>No pro mode
>No pratice
>No setlist

No, fuck it, at this point is better pickup a wii for cheap put RB3 and pirate all dlcs.

Also,no Muse.
>>
>>333212976
Honestly I can live without the pro guitar/bass (and even keys if I have to) modes, but the lack of practice and setlists until this month is inexcusable. Also moar muse, just to piss off John Drake.
>>
>>333213328
Does actionvision holds the rights of muse tracks? Or they aren't going bother in putting on dlc?

It's really strange RB just have hysteria and nothing more.

And fuck this on bass expert.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 218x231
Why couldn't Harmonix have put more effort into their fucking game in the first place instead of bragging about how it had less features and a shittier soundtrack than 2 or 3 and asking for 1.5 million dollars for a PC version?
>No practice mode
>No online play
>Less songs
>Exorbitant bundle prices
>Most songs were by shitty in house bands
>Updates adding completely useless features no one wants
>Character customisation gutted
>Everything about the game gutted
>No pro instruments beyond drums
>Older DLC now more expensive than it was even back on 3

Yeah fuck off Harmonix
>>
>>333213976
>>Older DLC now more expensive than it was even back on 3

I have nothing against DLC in rhythm games, but they really had to do this?
They still hold the licenses for the fucks sake.
>>
>>333213976
It's not more expensive though? The DLC was on sale for the longest time, and the sale just ended. It's always been $2

And the in-house Harmonix bands are barely present, but they're fucking great and you should be ashamed for disliking them.
>>
>>333206895
>streamed
>in rhythm game where little input lag kills experience

KYS
>>
>>333213960
It's probably some personal issue with rock band. I suppose they've fucked up sometime and pissed off muse, so they don't want to work with them. Also they (harmonix) are silent about it because of PR
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.