[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain why everyone hates using magic in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Can someone please explain why everyone hates using magic in Dark Souls?
>>
File: cccombo.webm (1003 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cccombo.webm
1003 KB, 1280x720
Skilless faggots and hypocrites hate it.
Magic is objectively horrible in souls pvp. It's too slow and easy to roll through, only absolute shitters will ever get hit by it, you need to mix up spells creatively to ever be able to use it well.
Also a simple STR build is way easier for blowing through pve content as you need to worry about less stats and no cast charges, just take that mace and stunlock bosses to death.
>>
I hate magic in general. In contrast, I think swords are the coolest shit. I love the gameplay and animations of Dark Souls. I just wish it was in more of a medieval setting with realistic damage.
>>
File: 4L_0xw3cOrl.jpg (197 KB, 1024x1625) Image search: [Google]
4L_0xw3cOrl.jpg
197 KB, 1024x1625
It sucks. Buffing with miracles then boarding and swording is so much better.
>>
Box art has a picture of a knight
>>
I've been using pyromancy/magic in one hand and a magic weaponed mace in the other. Am I still a shitter?
I always play a mage if I can in every game.
>>
It's boring.
>>
Magic looks lame in Dark Souls. Also it's too easy to play with magic in this game.
>>
>>333191840
>requires much easier spacing
>Cast more or less at any time
>enemy AI can't deal with it at all
>deals large amounts of damage for possibility of retaliation
It's good if you want to quickly go through the game, because it makes everything trivial
>>
>>333192236
>I hate magic in general. In contrast, I think swords are the coolest shit
The ultimate shit taste.
>>
>>333194074
>Magic looks lame in Dark Souls.

You MUST be joking. It's one of the few games where magic feels fucking awesome, whether it's using massive crystal dildos to impale enemies or edgy black fireballs to whittle down the miscellaneous fodder. And don't get me started on DS2/DS3's magic greatswords.

>Also it's too easy to play with magic in this game.

Fair point. Remember launch edition dark souls, where most bosses died to a single crystal soul spear?
>>
>>333191840
Its 6 times easier to kill something from distance spamming spells than to dodge and parry it. It also does shittons of damage on bosses while keeping you safe.

Therefore its "casul"
>>
>H-hey that's not fair! Beat the game the regular way!
>m-magic is like cheating y-you casual
I really hate how dark souls created a new wave of autism
>>
File: NOT. THICK. ENOUGH..jpg (217 KB, 1100x1315) Image search: [Google]
NOT. THICK. ENOUGH..jpg
217 KB, 1100x1315
>>333192253
>>
easy mode

bloodborne had nice magic, not too over the top OP bullshit like homing soulmass
>>
>>333192348

this is the stupidest answer in the thread.
>>
>m-magic is not fair
>says the autist, as he cheeses the boss after reading a guide online
>>
it was looked upon since the release of demon's souls
Royal was ez mode
>>
is in the game, is a valid way to play, just another way of cheese.
>>
>>333191840
I don't hate it, but it's really weak in PvP and it fucks the difficulty curve up real bad in PvE. Overall though I'm glad its in the game because there are some really cool spells and you can become a damn powerful wizard.
>>
>>333191840
I tried a mostly pure magic build once in DS1, gave up once I realized I just needed to stay a little ways away from the enemy and just cast the basic ass spell for a one hit kill. Too easy, no danger
>>
Not enough support spells that are useful
>>
Too static. Difficult to balance.
>>
It has the perception that it is "easier", nevermind the huge stat investment required to make a full caster worthwhile. There's also the hypocrisy of shitting on casters when things like giantdad in DaS1 and spin2win in DaS2 exist.

Now that I think about it, what's going to be the meme equipment in DaS3? Another spear? Or is it too early to tell?
>>
>>333191840
It's boring unsatisfying and makes the game too easy
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.