[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Outbreak was remastered, would you really play it? The games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
If Outbreak was remastered, would you really play it? The games are hard as FUCK.
>>
No, the only RE remasters I remotely care about are re2, re3, and code veronica.
>>
Yes, I've been buying all the HD remasters and DLC in hopes that capcom will do this.
>>
>>333187376

Definitely. I fucking loved those games.

>>333187831
>code veronica

Kill yourself faggot. That game was shit.
>>
>>333187376
oh fucking hell no.

depending on people to not be braindead mouthbreathing idiots is literally asking way too much of these filthy casuals in our present time.

for fucks sake, i doubt any modern "gamer" could even beat RE1 & 2
>>
>>333187376
Yes. Now that practically everyone can play online.
>>
>>333189559
Who was top tier and low tier in Outbreak anyway since it has a distinct character roster
>>
>>333189089
not that anon, but i thought CV was alright.
>>
>>333187376
>>333188438
>>333189089
>>333189780
Good news for you

http://www.ggsgamer.com/2016/01/09/rumor-resident-evil-outbreak-hd-coming-this-year/
>>
>>333189846
im not sure anymore, anon, been a long time.

i can tell ya though, if its not a TPS or FPS, its too hard for these cancerous dudebro fags
>>
>get a /v/ outbreak group going
>none of us can even get the game online

That was a fun week.
>>
>>333189089
Why do you think CV is shit though?
>>
>>333187376
Yes. I enjoyed it a lot and had the chance to spend a lot of time online with it. I'd love to go back in with friends in a better online infrastructure. Of course, I also don't mind killing off anyone like I used to when they turned into a zombie.
>>
>>333190170
>Game isn't scary
>Stupid plot
>Stupider villains
>Dumb anime Wesker shit
>Steve

I'm not that guy, though. But I do love CV.
>>
>>333190052

>rumor

I fucking hope it's true. Outbreak games are some of my all time favorites.

>>333190170

It's clunky. It was mechanically a step back from RE3. Literally removed features. Muddy shit early 3D graphics that are a step back from the PS1 titles. While graphics quality isn't necessarily an issue, the fact that it detracts so much from the atmosphere is. Instead of being in a spooky identifiable location that looked aesthetically pleasing, you were just in some low res square room with shit textures.

Also the story was a fucking melodrama garbage. It's like it tried to be Metal Gear Solid, when RE never needed a story anyways. It was all about the atmosphere and lore. CV made it into a stupid shonen anime with matrix Wesker, stupid emo Steve, literally androgyny anime cross dressing gay Alfred and Alexia. I just cringe when remembering it all. The gameplay just felt stiff and unfun to play as well.
>>
>>333187376
Would buy in a heartbeat.
>>
>>333190884
Its more than a rumor with all the evidence and the developers even winking at it
>>
>>333190884
To be fair Veronica was a side-project made at the same time as Resident Evil 3, wasn't it? Like, it was originally meant to be the third, but for various reasons that got changed. If anything RE3 is basically a spinoff that happens to be correlated directly with the events of RE2.
>>
>>333190884
learn to trust meme magic
whenever there are threads about series on /v/ at random, I've found that eventually a new game is announced
and after all of those people were excited talking about a new game, they bitched when it was given to them
I believe Jak and Daxter will also get a new game, because of the threads that keep appearing lately
Resi Outbreak will probably get one too
>>
>>333192554

CV defending always claim CV was meant to be the true RE3, but Sony had some contract to have 3 mainline titles. So RE Nemesis spin off was given the number 3, and RE3 Code Veronica had it's number removed.

This is what they claim. But the odd thing is, is that the "spin off" game, Nemesis is so mechanically improved over CV it feels like the true sequel to RE2 anyways. No one ever cared about RE's story. It's about atmosphere and mechanics. RE3 feels like a true improvement and evolution of how the games work.

CV just felt lazy, like they put everything into the 3D engine and called it a day, left the mechanics barely better than anything in 2, in some ways even worse.

I think Nemesis truly deserves to be called RE3, and CV was rightfully sticken of it's number and demoted to spin off. Gameplay matters more than story, and CV is a story sequel while Nemesis is the gameplay sequel.
>>
Outbreak is still online with that OBSR website or whatever the fuck it was.

The game isn't hard on easy or normal. It's just hard on the last difficulty, the one you aren't supposed to play unless you know what the fuck you're doing. It's fun and challenging. If you play it online tho everyone plays on that difficulty so you're pretty much fucked if you're new.
>>
>>333193027
>rightfully sticken

Stricken*

>CV defending

Defenders.

I need to go to bed, been up all night.

>>333192928

>Jak and Daxter sequel.

I dunno about that. I'd be more worried that happy. Did you see that concept art of Jak 4 from ND?

But I know what you mean with meme magic. Often when I replay old games or watch old animes, a sequel will get announced. Hell, Guts even got off the boat shortly after I finished watching the anime for the first time. I've yet to even read the manga. Meme magic is truly a wonderful thing.
>>
>>333193367
J&D is definitely dead, even with a reboot or sequel, it will most likely be awful
I just believe that it's on the way
I read Yu Yu Hakusho lately and the day that I finished it, Hunter X Hunter got announced to be coming back this month
>>
http://youtu.be/HkQF_8huETA

I forgot about these vids. Would be fun to do this kind of stuff with friends.
>>
File: 24crz9j.jpg (41 KB, 1240x674) Image search: [Google]
24crz9j.jpg
41 KB, 1240x674
>>333187376
YES I would play Hunk
>>
>>333196460
Best part is that they were better than the average npc, it's like having everyone be Mr. Gold
>>
>>333189846
if your doing singleplayer, and if your a westerner you were, then yoko all day for double the inventory slots.

other characters you just do for completionists sake.
>>
>>333187376
id buy it for $40 easily
>>
File: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png (169 KB, 944x478) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png
169 KB, 944x478
>>333187376

FUCK no or yes. The community for outbreak is full of faggots. Then again, there would be NO admins or mods and no bans.

But then you would get team killers or just shit players without any way to stop them. I would only play it if it was always checked by a cheater stopper. Then again my hopes would not go up.
>>
>>333197358
do a lot of people play that private server for the jap version? ive been thinking of trying it out.
>>
Kevin with his super kick, super shot with his super gun, slow infection rate and high HP and quick as fuck running speed? He was quite good. Excellent games.
>>
>>333197731

Kinda, it's been up for three years I think? It has it's ups and downs but it's great with friends. Everyone always plays on Very Hard so it would take some time to get used too.
>>
Definitely
I didn't get the chance to play it and the concept is better than the main series
>>
File: 1459595351270.jpg (74 KB, 362x344) Image search: [Google]
1459595351270.jpg
74 KB, 362x344
>>333197358
>insulting mod
>again

What wizardry did you conjure to not get banned the first time?
>>
File: reported.png (813 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
reported.png
813 KB, 1680x1050
>>333198427

I didn't say anything, you get banned for fucking nothing. But I know the Admin so only my "name" was banned and that still got reverted because they banned too many people at one point and had to unban everyone.

They even have a "hurt feelings" forum on there to talk about "problems" with other players.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.