[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey fags! so which one is the best after all for gaming theres
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1459788260499.jpg (47 KB, 404x283) Image search: [Google]
1459788260499.jpg
47 KB, 404x283
hey fags! so which one is the best after all for gaming

theres no major differences between ps4 vs pc games ,and for the tiny differences you would have to buy a 300+$ gpu card just to enable does extra shadows and particles

theres no major pc exclusive popular games that have sold millions of copies except minecraft and wow

all the popular games are console ports

so why would you buy a pc when you can get all you want from a console without the headaches of installing software over software to make your games work ?
>>
why did you make this thread shitposter kun
>>
>>333182891
>so which one is the best after all for gaming
The system which has the games you want to play.

>b-b-but all platforms have interesting games
Then buy all of them. What are you, poor?
>>
>>333182891
Simulators.
>>
File: 1458413398454.png (210 KB, 633x1118) Image search: [Google]
1458413398454.png
210 KB, 633x1118
>>333182891
Do you know why there is no difference? Because consoles exist.

Console manufacturers pay developers millions of dollars per year to limit the graphical fidelity of games, such that the maximum graphical setting is the most that consoles can handle.

Effectively, they are neutering other platforms, they are stifling graphical progression. If you play console games, you are part of the problem.

I'm not some PC mater race fag, hell, I own a PS4. Just stating the facts here.
>>
>>333182891
>theres no major differences between ps4 vs pc games

60fps + no online paywalls + better graphics by non shit devs who aren't ubisoft + mods is a big enough of a difference to justify it. Not to mention it has the most multiplats and exclusives while PS4 is only good for PS4 exclusives. And you can only use ps4 controllers whereas I can use any type of controller or m+kb i want on PC

The +$300 gpu is the cost of a console and I need A PC regardless.

Only salty console warriors care about which games sell the most because they need to desperately rationalize their poor purchase decisions
>>
>>333183978

>the "it's consoles vault" meme again

Nigger if consoles didn't exist it'd still be EXACTLY the same situation. Because then games would still be made for profit which means making them for the setup that most people have. The most common setup right now is only marginally better than current consoles.
>>
File: RS-Mackerel-Bait-Presentation.jpg (201 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
RS-Mackerel-Bait-Presentation.jpg
201 KB, 600x400
>>333182891
>>
>>333182891
Chances are you'll need a PC anyways for things besides gaming why not have it all on one device? So why would you buy a console when it's essentially a neutered PC?
>>
>>333184783
LOL

when consoles were better than PCs (except the equivalent rig of a crossfire 980 ti of the generation) , PC games were unlimited in graphics.

Devs go as far as disabling fully implemented settings just because consoles can't run them nowadays.

If you can't establish the connection between the previous facts, you're officially retarded.
>>
File: 2016-01-07-222827.jpg (84 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07-222827.jpg
84 KB, 960x544
>>333185112
>PC for multiplayer games and modding
>Console for weebshit
>handhelds for comfy weebshit
Why not just have it all?
>>
File: DONG.jpg (194 KB, 503x740) Image search: [Google]
DONG.jpg
194 KB, 503x740
>MFW people fall for the console war meme
>MFW people fall for the PC master race meme
>MFW they join forces to shitpost on /v/
>>
>>333184783
The most common setup isn't standardized low grade apu shit like on consoles. Even if most PCs were underpowered there still wouldn't be missing basic features like adjustable FOV and FPS locks that are the direct result of consoles
>>
>>333185243
I own a PS4 and 3DS, Weebshit this gen has been pretty fucking bad so far. Majority of good weebshit I've played ended up on PC
>>
>>333184783
ps2/ps3 were way better than the average pc:
>pc ports were optimized
>settings were tight as fuck.
> 20 different AA settings to choose from, as well as 4 different kinds of of textures which would make a shit ton of difference.

Current gen:
>consoles being gimped as fuck hardware makes devs optimize for shitty settings
>devs go as far as disabling fully functional settings -because consoles can't run them- from the final code .
>all settings are the same because devs asume any PC can pretty much run the game on console default settings. Might as well not give a fuck.

Consoles drive the market into graphics proportional to their power, through sheer market force. When consoles are underperforming, M$ and Sony pay off the devs to disable code which might make consoles games seem sub-par to their PC counterpart.
>>
>>333183978
>not praisemyname.png
>>
File: 1449114033791.jpg (29 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1449114033791.jpg
29 KB, 306x306
>>333182891
>tfw 50% of the threads on /v/ are false flagging faggotry like this one
This place is dead
>>
>Theres no difference because I say so!
>Look at this picture I pasted twice and called it a comparison!
>>
>>333182891
>Reddit had overun /v/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.