[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>FF13 is bad When will this meme end? Started playing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 22
File: FF13.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FF13.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
>FF13 is bad
When will this meme end? Started playing the Final Fantasy series with 9 and loved 13 at release. Yeah, it was linear as fuck, but it was so fucking comfy and the characters were pretty great.
>>
No. I refuse to let /v/ slide down into that ditch where years after the release of a shitty game people start saying they liked it and it becomes 'good.'
>>
>>333171416
Characters sucked, gameplay was ass, and the story is shit tier. Graphics were good and soundtrack is still amazing though
>>
File: FF13 cast.jpg (132 KB, 850x392) Image search: [Google]
FF13 cast.jpg
132 KB, 850x392
I may be the only one who enjoyed the cast.
>they actually interact with each other unlike 12
>their paths converge into a common goal not by their own choice
>>
>>333171645
not OP, but I was one of those people, and I was seriously certain that this game was shit on all levels.

Then, few years ago, before the PC ports were even revealed, I got it for few bucks for PS3, and got to play it myself for the first time. At the very, very beginning, the bad claims seemed to hold up. However, the longer I played, the more enjoyable the game got in every possible way. A few hours into it, I was already hooked.

While XIII ain't my favorite FF game by any stretch, it's definitely better than certain other games in the series. And before you ask, I've played all the main-series' games + some Adventures titles and Crystal Chronicles.

>>333171976
No, you're not. The FF13's cast is one of the more memorable and likable ones in the entire series.

>>333171886
wrong.
>>
>>333171416

I desperately want to like FFXIII, but I can't defend a game that takes twenty hours to be good. Sequel was leagues better.
>>
File: stinky nigger sazh.jpg (578 KB, 700x1725) Image search: [Google]
stinky nigger sazh.jpg
578 KB, 700x1725
>the chocobo chick shits on Sazh's afro
>the stinky nigger in the group is stinkier than he should be
At least he's a father.
>>
>>333172125
I like how people've adopted that 20h as the sharp measurement for the game to get better. I was already starting to enjoying the game mere couple hours into it, and few more later I can seriously say I liked it.
>>
I only started to hate ffxiii until I came to /v/.
I liked it because of the cast and the world and story, and i know there could be improvements, but I enjoyed it.
I honestly admit that I basically bandwagonned on the /v/ hate train for this game.
>>
File: HOPE LIGHT.jpg (300 KB, 600x1654) Image search: [Google]
HOPE LIGHT.jpg
300 KB, 600x1654
>falls in love with underage bait
>>
I honestly cannot believe people unironically like this game. None of the characters were appealing, the combat was utter garbage, leveling system was a joke, equipment customization was convoluted as shit and boring, awful enemy designs, like what the fuck is there to like about this game?
>>
>>333171416
I was excited. I saw the trailer, and I was excited. I bought this game on fucking release day with money I saved up and the first thing I did when I came home was played it. I tried to like it, I really did. I couldn't return it after all the money I dropped. The gameplay was shit and the only difficult bosses in the game were only difficult because you had to switch paradigms slightly faster than other bosses. The game has beautiful locations. We never go back to most of them. The characters are shit, with the exception of Sazh. Hell, I'm tempted to say even he's shit, due to the fact that at one point he and Vanille walked around DOING NOTHING.
Summons were hit or miss for me in terms of design, but in terms of gameplay, fuck you. The story feels like it's nothing but the characters sitting around feeling sorry for themselves and talking about their focus, with some flashbacks sprinkled in. This game wasn't just bad, it hurt, man.
>>
I didn't like it but I respect your enjoyment, OP. I just hope you can offer me the same courtesy for liking XV.
>>
FF9 and 10 were as linear as 13, especially 10.
10 also had fucking blitzball and some really shitty characters/designs.
>>
The meme will end when FFXIII becomes a good game.

So never.
>>
>>333173241
That's only half of the complaints.

What's more is how I got the second game. It was a birthday gift from my then girlfriend. She said I'd love it.
>>
>>333173402
So you never played 9. Congratulations.
>>
>>333173570
I'll admit I never finished it. I played around 10-15 hours and it was all linear as fuck. There were some character switching and stuff, but it was pretty linear.
FF9 has some of the best characters and story, though. Shame the story kind of goes to shit at the end.
>>
File: Lightning Fergie.jpg (65 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
Lightning Fergie.jpg
65 KB, 850x478
>prologue Lightning looks like Fergie
>gameplay Lightning looks more white
>LR Lightning looks even whiter
>>
>>333173724
How long ago did you play it?
>>
>>333173724
If you only played 10-15 hours how the fuck would you know all this?

My biggest problem with 9 was the ssssssloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww as fuck battle system.
Did they fix it in the PC version?
>>
>>333173724
So, again, you never played FF9, or somehow you managed to get stuck in either the forest or the ice cavern for 15 hours.

You were stuck playing the first hour for 15.
>>
>>333173813
Does that matter? It was around a year ago, maybe year and a half. I do intend to start it again since I lost my save game but I've had other things coming up so I didn't have much time to play such a slow game.
>>
I actually didn't mind /ss/: The Hallway Simulator, I even kinda enjoyed the Paradigm system.

>>333173789
LR Lightning is trash since Toriyama took full reigns and made her a skeleton
>>
>>333173969
See >>333173942
He got to it before I did.
>>
>>333173724
>9 had some of the best characters
>what the fuck does Amarant do?
>why is Quina even there?
>Garnet goes mute because...
>Eiko had little connection to the rest of the group
>Freya's story ends at the end of disc 1, the rest of the time she doesn't even feel like she's there

Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, and Garnet are the only developed characters. The game had absolute shit characters and shit story and its low sales reflect this.
>>
>>333171416
It's not a meme, OP. It was made for people who don't like video games and just want to watch things go fast.
>>
How you could start with IX and still enjoy a game that took everything that made IX great and replaced it with boredom is beyond me.

Hated XIII on release, tried to play it again last month, still hating it. None of the characters are engaging. I literally want to know more about the 3 buddies Snow was fighting with in the beginning. They seemed kinda cool. But nope, we had to crawl through corridors with the same boring cast.
>>
File: 1452004463149.jpg (409 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452004463149.jpg
409 KB, 1600x1200
>>333173159
>None of the characters were appealing,
..."Appealing"? Snow was a fucking bro. Sazh's cool nigga and fun. Fang's badass wild cutie. Lightning's a female Cloud. Vanille's just pretending to be a retard. The only character I really disliked at first was Hope, but to his defense he was just a kid, plus even he manned the fuck up towards the end
>the combat was utter garbage,
Nope. The combat's easily one of the most enjoyable, as in pure FUN parts of the game. It's fast and flasy, and has enough strategy required. I personally totally ditched Auto Battle button early on, and started using the much more versatile, effective and fun manual combos + Repeat function.
>leveling system was a joke,
How so? It gave you tad more control over how you leveled up your characters.
>equipment customization was convoluted as shit and boring,
I didn't use it too much at all, so I kinda agree, but it was far from convoluted.
>awful enemy designs,
in this case I must simply say: Fuck you! I fucking LOVED the monster design in FF13. I'm especially a real sucker for bio-mechanic creatures
>like what the fuck is there to like about this game
All the things I mentioned above + superb OST + neat visuals.
>>
>>333174417
LeBreau had a nice ass and Gadot seemed alright, but Fang was the best cast member.
>>
few years ago i tried replaying this cringefest to actually finish it and i just couldn't. got stuck on a boss on a tower in the grassy open world area and i didn't have it in me to actually grind. also the fact that the huge lava golem in the background is dlc is fucking bogus they put that there on purpose to milk more money out of people.
>>
File: 1450362710467.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450362710467.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333174417
>How you could start with IX and still enjoy a game that took everything that made IX great and replaced it with boredom is beyond me.
not OP, but I started with FF7 during the original Pokemon-boom days, then played the other two PS1 FFs, and soon after PS2 and X came out, and then I finally got a "real" PC and found out about emulation, which let me play the originals 1 thru' 6.

Even after that, and all my shitty prejudices, I can't say anything else that I liked FFXIII. I also absolutely adored the sequels. The whole trilogy was a LOT more fun, entertaining and memorable than anything in some of the past titles, namely 2, 5, 8 and 12, which I just hate.
>>
>>333172249
Why can't I stop laughing at that file name. Holy shit anon, I'm in public. Why you gotta do this to me
>>
>>333174483
Anon, did you really enjoy this game?
>>
>>333174483
I agree with this anon everything except that Lightning is a female Cloud. She's honestly closer to Squall personality-wise. She also drops the bitchy attitude after the first few chapters then later apologizes and explains herself.
>>
>>333174527
Ye, Fang was kinda cool but couldn't salvage the cast. It just felt like none of them belonged together or had any connection with each other. Like, if you watch a move and you just know the actors don't connect and by proxy the characters in the movie? That is how i felt during XIII. Everyone was a walking stereotype and just did the things their stereotype dictated, but never actually acting off each other. So sterile and soulless.

Didn't help that the combat was total dogshit. I always hared having to rely on AI party member in all kinds of games. In XII you at least had the option to control everyone or at least customize the AI with gambits. XIII was down to pure luck if the retarded enhancer/debuffer was using the correct buffs/debuffs.
>>
>>333174562
>got stuck on a boss on a tower in the grassy open world area and i didn't have it in me to actually grind.
What. The. Living. Fuck?!
You NEVER need to grind in FF13! The plot-bosses are a literal pushovers! Even the last boss I dropped in a minute and half. Literally.

Lrn2use Sab + syn.

>also the fact that the huge lava golem in the background is dlc is fucking bogus they put that there on purpose to milk more money out of people.
Now you're literally talking out of your ass.
There's no DLC for FF13, and the Titan's accessible without any fancy tricks.
>>
I hate the new, modern, realistic and clean Final Fantasy settings that XIII and XV sport.
>>
>>333171416
Guys, I just want to say that I honestly think XIII was the most strategic and engaging final fantasy. It was interesting to just be able to control the roles of your characters and just let them do their thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the other final fantasy games, but I get tired of going through each character and just clicking "haste" "attack" "heal" "attack" "heal" "haste"
>>
>>333175134
They're a hell of a lot more preferable to the generic RPG settings of the past games.
>>
>>333173241
>We never go back to most of them.
Not like there's any reason to do so.
>>
>>333174906
somehow like 5 years ago i looked it up and was informed it was dlc

also i tried it a few times and the thing steamrolled me, i guess i'm not as good at boring games as you anon
>>
>>333175326
i like generic settings though
>>
>>333175378
So you bought it? Dumbass
>>
>>333175326
That is, like, your oppinion man. I liked my fantasy. I-V were generic as fuck, but VI-VII were gritty 90s anime. VIII was just weird and IX was a nice and comfy fantasy again, just as XI, XII and XIV. X had this strange southeast asian influence but was nice on their own.

XIII and XV just don't do it for me.
>>
File: FF13 God of Magic.jpg (123 KB, 357x744) Image search: [Google]
FF13 God of Magic.jpg
123 KB, 357x744
>FFXIII cast does the Kefka
>>
>>333175376
Exactly. So why even have them? Because it's comfy? Because it looks nice? What the fuck does that matter? They're useless. Man, fuck this game.
>>
File: 1448914410321.png (409 KB, 700x490) Image search: [Google]
1448914410321.png
409 KB, 700x490
really /v/?

we have days of XV threads were we discuss how shit the demo was, and now you are bringing up XIII? It wasn't great, let's not kid ourselves, but it certainly wasn't anything worth your time.
The only FF it triumphs over is FFII, because it had a very nice looking presentation going for it.
>>
>>333172908
Best thing to come out of that generation.
>>
>>333175793
There's a reason why people say XIII had a nice atmosphere and aesthetic

Why don't you go play a rogue-lite or something?
>>
I really wanted to like this game but

>Graphics wasted on boring linear areas
>Incomprehensible story
>Boring, Mary Sue and Hollywood action movie tier characters
>Can't take 20 steps without triggering a 7 minute cutscene
>Battle system was meh
>Job system was a joke

The game just wasn't worth the 30 gigabytes it took up.
>>
>>333175378
wow, you're a gullible, thick fuck.
>>
>>333175542
false memories i guess idk i remember seeing it in the psn store
>>
File: ffxiiiimg_2014_10_09_c7qn5.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ffxiiiimg_2014_10_09_c7qn5.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>333175869
>because it had a very nice looking presentation going for it.
this is still the only good thing I can say about that game. It got heavily improved when you turned off the minimap that was like "yeah I know this looks cool, but look it's still a straight line dawg"
>>
>>333176056
none of that is true, and I bet you're parroting some faggot e-celeb on more than half of those statements.
>>
>>333175980
What I'm trying to say is a good atmosphere doesn't make a game good. Out of the few things I actually liked about this shit, I fucking loved the locations. They looked great to me. But you don't do anything. You have these blue forests, beautiful looking jungle area, Cyber Disney Chocobo Land, and after you leave them? Nothing. Hell, they don't even pull a Xenosaga and let you return to the locations via a save spot. Yes, anon. You are right. The game had a nice atmosphere. Great, even. Doesn't fix the game. Hell, it makes it worse.

Also what the fuck is a rouge lite? Why is it that whenever I turn my head and look back, there's a new genre?
>>
>>333176295
>battle system was meh
>not true
Tell me how great it was, but do it without resorting to calling other FF battle systems shit. That's the only fucking argument anyone ever uses, since you can't say anything good about it.
>>
I really wanted to have consensual sex with Fang
>>
>>333174483

>the combat was utter garbage,

The worst implementation of an ATB system I've played. Everybody is fumbling around trying to hit enemies that already died, tripping over each other and discrediting any strategy you might have been able to muster with the absolute lack of control they give you in the first place. Not to mention everybody conveniently clumping up to get hit by every AoE ever. At least in the previous games I knew who would act when and who would get hit by what. You can only control one out of 3 (4?) party members and if they die, game over which makes no sense. The paradigm system is fucking trash. There is practically no uniqueness between the cast and you have up to 3 or more people that can fill a given role. Give me the option to change party members who each bring something unique to the table or the option to change equipment during a battle or fuck it, give me dress spheres and garment grids. Anything would be better than this gutted gambit system that you have no control over.
>>
>>333176452
IT GOES REALLY FAST AND LOOKS PRETTY
>>
>>333176295
>hurr parroting
I love how XIIIfags can't accept that people have different opinions than them.
>>
>>333176865
how hypocritical of you
>>
>>333176928
How?
>>
>>333176452
Because it's fast and fun. The AB button is good ONLY for spamming basic attacks on Staggered enemies, but the true beauty lies in the manual combinations.

Also it's damn nice to be able to de-buff even bosses, and proceed to rape their asses.
>>
>>333171416
>Started playing the Final Fantasy series with 9

Trust me, we could tell.
>>
Can we just say that Cid Raines transforming into Sephiroth/Seymour L'Cie crystal monster was outta fucking nowhere and hype as hell?
>>
>XV is almost out
>NOW people want to see XIII for what it is.

It's the Zelda cycle all over again.
>>
>>333177284
>le I leik the first 5 FFs because they're generic fantasy jRPGs
get some taste, for fucks sake
>>
>>333174483

>leveling system was a joke,

I'd take FFI's random stat boosts and skill shops over this step backwards from the FFX's sphere grid, which is FULLY (apart from skills) customizable. Sure in the end, everybody could have max stats and every skill but everyone had their own portion of the grid so everyone was unique and useful throughout the game. Even FFXII's IZJS license boards were great because you could make anyone any class (each party member having their own innate level up stat bonuses) and had to make sacrifices with esper bridges for end game skills and what not. Here every party member is virtually interchangeable within their class and that combined with the fact that most of the cast has no reason to stick together storywise makes me question why the fuck would I ever use them.
>>
>>333177303
That boss was hard as fuck for me. Right when I thought I figured him out, he buffs himself to the max and goes apeshit.
>>
>>333177409
Zelda fans are just Nintoddlers who haven't accepted that the parent of their IP is dying and never gave a shit about them. A lot of Zelda fans end up being FF fans later on including yourself
>>
>>333177303
nah, it was predictable and Cid had barely any screen time to care about him.

FFXII's Cid being bad was more hype than anything in XIII.
>>
>>333171416
I like it for what it is, but as a FF game it falls short compared to some of their past masterpieces. The biggest issue I have is the linearity, but I enjoy the combat and the story for what it is. Minus Hope who is a bitch.
>>
Anyone else notice how XIII Cid looks a lot like Noctis?
>>
>>333171976
I like everyone but Hope, but I am still playing it, so maybe he quits bitching later on.Then Vanille is too bubbly for my taste, but it's not to the point I dislike her. I like Lightning a lot though.
>>
>>333177594
FF is nothing like Zelda. If anything, Zelda fans became Ys fans, or Souls fans.
>>
>>333174483

>equipment customization was convoluted as shit and boring,

All of those unique loot drops for what? Everything was just a catalyst for some bullshit EXP system for weapons which was unintuitive and boring. Why can't I buy generic weapons and then customize their properties depending on the loot used? It's a shit system that's why. I didn't even bother with equipment much because it was so pointless but it seemed like you'd always have only one weapon that was superior to the rest. What's the fun in that?

>awful enemy designs,

I personally don't like the futuristic aesthetic FF is adapting more and more but the enemy and summon designs were extremely bland and forgettable. Then there's the mechanic aspect of some enemies where some designs were completely lost on me, like those flan with police siren hats (?) that just healed each other until you could out DPS them or those porcupines with obscene amounts of armor that went away when you filled the combo meter taking forever.

I'm mad that I wasted 20+ hours on this game and I'm mad that I have to spell out why this game is trash to you chucklefucks.
>>
>>333178106
Never said it was, just said there's an intersection of fans
>>
>>333171416
The fuck. If you liked 9 then how the fuck can you like 13? 9 was the antithesis of 13.
>>
File: 1451494870789.gif (912 KB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
1451494870789.gif
912 KB, 480x340
>>333178460
I listened to people on the internet and actually played the game for around 30 hours until I got to Gran Pulse, because that was where the game became good, appearantly

wow it was fucking nothing. Dropped that shit as fast as I could and sold the game.
It baffles me that anyone defends this game today.
>>
>>333178460
I thought the flan enemies were hilarious and was glad they were included
>>
>>333178642
you mean 9 was the best in the series? Not gonna argue.
>>
>>333171416
The combat was good after the fucking 30 hour tutorial. Auto battle should not be a viable option for the first 35 hours of the game.
>>
>>333178861
Okay, ratfucker, whatever you say
>>
>>333178642
not OP, but FF9 is my very favorite in the series, and I have nothing against 13. I liked both, 9 just a lot more.
>>
>>333178956
I just don't like toblerone as much as you, whats the problem
>>
I have crippling depression because I can't handle the fact Lightning will never be real please help me
>>
I just realized that XIII has no furries in it, even though there's at least one anthromorphic character in every game since 9
>>
>tfw cockblocked by a chocobo
>>
>>333172371

Cool opinion bro.
>>
>>333177426

Yeah in 4 when we go to the moon my first thought was: Well, this is generic fantasy.

In 5 with Galuf. I really thought that was generic too!

Shut up bruh.

Also 9 is the most generic fantasy.
>>
>>333171416
Why is it that when this game came to PC everyone started liking it? Even people who hated it started to say they like it.
>>
It was an alright game, nowhere near as bad as people screamed.
Amazing OST especially.

>>333176485
>Everybody is fumbling around trying to hit enemies that already died, tripping over each other and discrediting any strategy you might have been able to muster with the absolute lack of control they give you in the first place.
You know, when you think about it, this might be intentional.
None of these characters really like each other and basically none of them are willing to work together for like 80% of the game aside from Sazh.
>>
>>333171416
go to bed Toriyama
>>
Welcome to neo-/v/. You're here forever.
>>
>>333180057
It's because the worst of the circlejerk had died down and the PC release brought in some new players as well as serving as a good opportunity for old players to revisit the game so they could re-evaluate their position. It's the same reason it took until Kingdom hearts 2.5 for /v/ to realize BBS was always dogshit.
>>
just let this abomination of a game die already
that's the only reason I want XV to be good honestly, so everyone can forget this turd ever existed
>>
>>333171416
It wasn't bad. The reason why people didn't feel excited about it is a goddamn long tutorial. Half of the game you're just running straight and pressing "Auto" button. It isn't fun at all.
>>
>>333171416
I played this game and the sequel both for the first time last month

I even finished both

Everyone has been wrong about this game. It's good but has a flaw I have never heard anyone complain about s

Everyone is fucking stupid and I'm s genius once again
>>
>>333174242
You might have a point if XIII weren't one of the harder games in the series.
>>
>>333181895
It's not, though. I may hate the game, but I forced myself to complete it before I got rid of it. There are parts that blindside you, yes. But, more often than not, they're few and far between.
>>
>>333182071
One of yhe harder FF games doesn't mean it's actually hard. The majority of FF games are piss easy.
>>
File: Lightning182.jpg (319 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Lightning182.jpg
319 KB, 600x600
>>333182071
Unlike every other FF game that presented no challenge for storymode encounters unless you deliberately handicapped yourself.
>>
>>333182215
THANK you. As much as I love the other games, I mostly agree.
>>
>>333181517
>you're just running straight and pressing "Auto" button. It isn't fun at all.
Not much different from other final fantasy games. Only difference is they give the illusion of free roaming for 80% of the game.
And the 'auto' button is no different from hammering the X button during most early random encounters.

>>333182215
This, most will have a "that boss" or two, but none of it is typically really that hard outside of post-game stuff (which is like 95% grinding anyways)
>>
>>333182283
No, FF13 wasn't hard because of the game itself, it was hard because I was always under leveled. So, yeah, you could say I handicapped myself because all I had to do to stop having issues is bump up the crystarium a bit more.
>>
>>333171416
>comfy
how?
>>
>>333182608
It was really pretty.
>>
>>333182448
It applies to most RPGS, really. After a while, those little dire rats in the forest don't seem that tough when one attack kills them.
>>
>>333182671
that doesn't mean comfy, there isn't any time in FFXIII that makes you feel comfy, you are on the always on the run, or fighting shit, or seeing pointless cutscenes

now, FFIX, that's a comfy game
>>
>>333177921
What chapter are you on?
>>
>>333182563
The crystarium system was there to make sure you couldn't overpower yourself for encounters by grinding endlessly yet it also gave weaker players the option to grind for specific difficult encounters. The reality is that you don't need to grind for anything unless you are going for the ps3 trophies.

You are never underleveled for any encounter. If you feel that way you are just using your paradigms wrong or you are just not using shrouds at the right time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr7Cx5WjtDI
>beats the game in 5 hours
>doesn't grind at all
>avoids most encounters
>>
Characters were annoying and one dimensional.
Story was a pretentious heap of crap and made no sense.
OST was lackluster compared to previous games in the series.
Maps sucked shit.
Gameplay was less engaging that in FFI.
>>
>20 hour hallway with tutorials
>A.I. party members
>can't choose your party leader for most of the game
>party leader death = game over
>auto battle system
>no mini games
>no towns, shops or npcs
>half of the story is in the datalog
>no backtracking
>shit crystarium system

a "game" liked only by ADD riddled waifufags that want to fuck Lightweight in the armpits
>>
>>333183108
You have to understand that whenever reatards are stuck in a game, they'll immediately assume that grinding is the only solution and there is nothing else they could do, when in reality, they just suck at the game.
>>
File: 1459766608451.jpg (58 KB, 567x642) Image search: [Google]
1459766608451.jpg
58 KB, 567x642
Criticizing a game is now a meme guys.
>>
>>333183254
>Like the game
>Don't like Lightning

>>333183291
This.
I kinda wish more games had grind blocking walls.
>>
>>333183497
>Like the game
>Don't like Lightning
Great argument dude.
>>
>>333183108
>>333183291
But I never tried to overpower myself. I just got a few more things on the grid and tried again. More often than not, I got it on the second time. I never got stuck, there were just one or two bosses that caught me off guard, like Cid. After him, the game just became really easy.

But hey, the atmosphere was pretty.
>>
>>333182871
Run to the yellow marker, fight enemies along the way. Cutscene? Watch it.

Put your feet up, sit back, relax. Wrap yourself in a blanket if you want. BOOM, comfy. It can be done with almost any game.

OR

Sit forward, mash buttons, scowl, and try to push an imaginary shit of your ass while screaming "Why isn't it the way I want it to be!!" Mute the volume and try to run past enemies. Cutscene? Skip it. Then after ten minutes of the first chapter, turn the game off and go on 4chan to complain about how you wasted 40 hours on this piece of shit game.
>>
>>333183660
But your argument was that the only people who like the game are people who like, and want to fuck, Lightning.
I want to do neither.
>>
>>333183976
1. Not that guy
2. Learn to read
>>
File: lightning728.jpg (130 KB, 616x877) Image search: [Google]
lightning728.jpg
130 KB, 616x877
>>333183976
Lightning thread
>>
>>333184074
Fuck off with your overrated, piece of shit slut.
>>
>>333183807
>Put your feet up, sit back, relax. Wrap yourself in a blanket if you want. BOOM, comfy. It can be done with almost any game.
That CAN be done with almost any game, but that isn't what we mean by "comfy."

It's about immersive games that build primarily on atmosphere and free play; it's not about being physically comfy.
>>
File: You upset Lightning.jpg (202 KB, 850x1170) Image search: [Google]
You upset Lightning.jpg
202 KB, 850x1170
>>333184359
>>
>>333184074
FFXIII characters I'd cum in before Lightning:

Lumina
Vanille
Alyssa
Fang
Lebreau

Would still cum inside Lightning too though.
>>
>>333184436
Forgot Serah
>>
>>333184390
So, basically, all the game is good for is looking pretty.
>>
File: Lightning OTP.jpg (289 KB, 845x921) Image search: [Google]
Lightning OTP.jpg
289 KB, 845x921
>Lightning killed God just so she could wait until Hope turned legal
How did the fuccboi get the 10/10?
>>
>>333184436
Let's be real here, you'd have to be homosexual to not want to fuck Fang.
>>
>>333171416
>the characters were pretty great
The only one I liked was Lightning.
Barret is infinitely superior to Sazh
Snow is straight up annoying
Hope is a crybaby bitch
Fang and Vanille won't stop licking eachothers clits long enough to interact with anyone else
>>
>>333171416
eh I didn't like the combat system or the arcade style ranking system, bosses and summons were done terrible, story was all over the place and the names for the good/bad/crystals made it confusing

most of the characters especially enemy characters were not developed well. I really wanted to like Sazh but he was a generic black guy/comic relief char...
>>
>>333184545
>So, basically, all the game is good for is looking pretty.
No. Reread his post.

Minecraft in it's heyday and STALKER are both visually unimpressive but very comfy games.
>>
>>333184657
I remember being obsessed with Fang and I don't honestly get it in retrospect since I grew into a lolicon.
>>
File: Lightning1728959.jpg (222 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Lightning1728959.jpg
222 KB, 768x1024
>this cunt walks up to you and slaps your gfs ass
>you look at her and she poses
What do you do?
>>
File: sazh suicide.jpg (54 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
sazh suicide.jpg
54 KB, 500x277
>>333185032
>Sazh
>comic relief
Maybe that was SquareEnix's intention but he turns out to be a pretty dark guy.
>>
>>333185378
PERSONA
>>
>>333185234
>unsheats dick
>>
>>333184572
Turned out the fuccboi liked a chick that has the body of a 10 year old boy.
>>
File: 1438600508851.jpg (791 KB, 2149x3035) Image search: [Google]
1438600508851.jpg
791 KB, 2149x3035
>>333185234
Tell her not to treat my goddess with such disrespect.
>>
>>333176462
Find an Australian woman
>>
File: 1190572535433.jpg (60 KB, 410x600) Image search: [Google]
1190572535433.jpg
60 KB, 410x600
there were many bigger stinkers than FF13 in the series
>>
>>333185378
>Sazh
>a pretty dark guy
>dark

He sure is. Nyuk nyuk *ba dum tsssh* *Applause applause* Thank you, thank you that's all folks!
>>
File: Fang and her bitch.jpg (161 KB, 482x658) Image search: [Google]
Fang and her bitch.jpg
161 KB, 482x658
>people want to have sexual intercourse with Fang
>these people are not female
>>
>>333171416

It's because you have bad opinions and are too stupid to understand what made good square games of old, good.

Classical story arcs, good music, deep characters, an open world to explore, charming settings that feel alive...13 has none of these things.

And on a personal opinion, Turn based battles are superior. If i wanted to play an action game, I'd play an action game. Adding numbers to a combo doesn't make it an RPG, no matter how much you delude yourself into thinking so.

RPGs are based on tabletop gaming. If they don't function like tabletop games, then how are they anything more than action games? Every action game is the same. I played my first 3d action game on Nintendo 64. They've all been teh same since except graphics and tighter controls. FF13 is the game that marks the moment that square became a soulless corporation with no artistic or creative talent.

FF games are now like going to Disneyland, self advertised, overpriced, and a cheap thrills that only a 12 year old can like.
>>
>>333173789
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
I hated Gran Pulse.
It was way too big and unnecessary.
The combat finally starts to pick up, you have access to the whole party and then they throw you into this shithole
>>
>>333186542
You sound really bitter
You are also really wrong
>>
>auto leveling up when you reach a certain point
I rest my case
>>
>>333171416
Can't put your guard down and the XIII-fags come full force to attack us.

Fuck you it was shit.
>>
>>333183660
Lightning is pretty much quiet after Hope drops Operation Nora. She never felt like the true main character. Snow and Vanille felt like the MCs tbqh. Her most important role was building up Hope's character. She's not the party's leader since Snow takes the helm most of the time and is the first to charge towards the main villains. Hell, the story isn't told from her perspective but from Vanille's instead.

In a way, she's worse than Vann because XII is at least told from Vann's perspective. Future games ruined her though.
>>
>>333186946
You don't automatically level up at any point though. Did you even play the game?
>>
File: The boys of ff13.jpg (81 KB, 736x737) Image search: [Google]
The boys of ff13.jpg
81 KB, 736x737
Would 13 be better if Lightning was a guy?
>>
>>333171416
It's legitimately bad though. ~20 hrs is about all I could force myself to play. I only bought it like a month ago for 4 bucks but if I had bought it at release I would have been absolutely livid.

Combat is sweet but the story, characters, level design, and gear set up were all shit tier. Hell even the leveling system just took something good, the sphere grid from FFX, and made it markedly worse.
>>
>>333187265
You actually could set it to auto level from the beginning.
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.