[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about health regen/health packs. I know off the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Let's talk about health regen/health packs. I know off the bat most of you will say health regen is terrible. I'm not going to lie I use to be a huge halo fan. However I recent played through pic related on uber, for xbone. I can honestly say I feel like health packs made it way too easy, either that or they just weren't thinking when placing them or they placed too many. Any time I was going to die I would just run to the nearest health pack I knew about. If you think remembering where they are is a big part...its not it's fairly easy to remember where health packs are going through the game a second time. Anyway I just found health packs way easier than not getting shot for a little bit then getting full health back. That's another thing I hate about games with no health regen, if im playing quake live and I kill one guy im going to be a little bit lit it's a real piss off to come across someone after just killing someone and get shot once because of no health regen. thoughts? which one is truly better? for ffa specifically I think no regen is awful
>>
New Order placed health packs EVERYWHERE. Also there was a bit of health regeneration going on too. At least when you were low.

Health regen isn't the worst thing in the world. It changes the gameplay however and devs need to know how to handle that. With health regen you can have much larger battles with more enemies more easily. It also allows for trying new tactics more easily.

Health packs are absolutely fine if you got quicksave - e.g. FPS on PCs are fine.
>>
>>333166574
>Also there was a bit of health regeneration going on too. At least when you were low.
The slight regen you got felt like lazy game development not knowing where to properly place check points IMO
Regen in ffa however feels like the best idea. That and getting full health back aftere killing someone
>>
File: 1453993184894.png (103 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1453993184894.png
103 KB, 217x320
>that final boss fight on Uber
>>
>>333166801
it wasn't even that bad if that's what you mean? honestly I felt it fairly easy. I plan to go th rough the game again on uber on pc. I think he took like 16 rockets. just spam the fuck out of them if you got em
>>
>>333166706
the point of the regen was to avoid the player getting stuck somewhere with 10 health
its not a lazy choice but rather not to screw the player up with 10 health checkpoint
>>
>>333166991
>its not a lazy choice but rather not to screw the player up with 10 health checkpoint
games got by fine way back when by having your health fully come back after each "level"
>>
>>333167225
change in audience is why it happened
it should be said the levels in the game was rather big at times, think of slight regen as a way to avoid quicksave bullshit for this
>>
I bought it with the easter sales on ps4 and I'm having a blast. It's been a while since I had this fun with a single player fps.

Also Frau Engel ist eine schöne Mädchen
>>
>>333167782
"mädchen" is a genderless description of a young woman, therefore "eine" - a female articel- is wrong, "ein" would be the right article.
Furthermore, "schöne" is also wrong, "schönes" is needed here, as "ein" is an indefinite article.

Going beyond grammar, if a woman is at an age where she would be titulated "frau", she would not be called a "mädchen" in the same sentence unless you would aim at deliberately marginalizing her. "dame" or again, "frau" are more fitting descriptions.
>>
>>333167225
you never got stuck in a hard place checkpoint with less than 10 health? It was not fun, it was frustrating

Glad they fixed these kinda of shit
>>
>>333169413
Oh shit, you're right. Sorry it's been years since I haven't talked german. I enjoy the game for having a lot of german dialogues too.

As for the "Mädchen", Frau Engel seems too special of a lady to not be marginalized, as you said, but in a positive light. And I bet she would like to be called like that. She seems to enjoy youth
>>
>>333166207
This entire post could've been summarized in exactly 1 sentence and skip all the blog shit. Fuck off, OP.
>>
Both Wolfenstein are so easy on Uber, didn't die all that much. The challenges on the other hand are solid. Perma death for the story would have been a better route to take for increased difficulty.

But yeah, the health packs and armour were everywhere in both games. You'd think on Uber they'd be more scarce but it's not really the case.
>>
>>333169839
>This entire post could've been summarized in exactly 1 sentence and skip all the blog shit. Fuck off, OP.
fuck you man. I wouldn't doubt you of accusing me of shit if I didn't say it.
>>
New Order spammed health and ammo pickups everywhere, its a special case and not like other games with HP pickups
>>
>>333170180
if someone "accuses" you of something you call them a faggot and move on.
>>
>>333170318
you know, information hoarding is a sign of being unsuccessful.
>>
>>333170454
you know, OPs can't bump their own threads for at least half an hours
keep trying though
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.