[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've played the original BG 2 + ToB back when it came out,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I've played the original BG 2 + ToB back when it came out, and I've been thinking of playing the games again, but I'm curious as to whether I should just get the regular stuff or the Enhanced Edition I see is out.
>>
>>333159065
EE adds very little good content and introduces its own problems. I can only recommend it if you want to play multiplayer.
>>
>>333159218

Nah, don't give a shit about multiplayer.

Alright, I'll go for the original version then.

Is there perhaps a list of mods that make it playable on a modern PC in a higher resolution than 1024x768?
>>
>>333159065
EE adds some quality of life features such as actually being able to see what skills do ingame instead of needing to check the manual
Other than that it's on a souped up ToB engine with quicker load times and some other stuff and a new expansion just came out for it which apparently has some challenging encounters but is somewhat linear and buggy. Also there's a tranny in a corner of the map /v/ is up in arms about. If you don't want the EE, go to Gibberlings3 and get the widescreen mod and BG2fixpack.
>>
>>333161228
I recently replayed BG2 with EE and the autoloot feature is a huge sanity saver. I can't imagine going back to the original and manually picking every gem a trash mob dropped now
>>
>>333159065
Ee introduces a lot of new bugs and the expansion breaks modding completely.
>>
>>333161228
Also get Ascension and Wheels of Prophecy for ToB no matter what versiom you get.
>>
>>333161378
Why would you want to mod BG1 though?
>>
>>333161462
Unfinished Business
>>
>>333161330
>picking up every gem
I don't I just walk past most of them because you get so much money in BG2.
>>
>>333159065
I've played both sets. EE's new UI is actually... good...!

The zoom feature is nice and the experience feels more polished.

Having said that, they have different sets of bugs and still keep some maddening features of the original games. Also, the extra content is... underwhelming? Haven't made it to Siege yet -- playing straight through BG1 EE first.
>>
>>333164597
make sure to kill the tranny
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.