[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ - having a good time with your games? What're you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 10
File: 1390348346731.jpg (18 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1390348346731.jpg
18 KB, 400x299
Hey /v/ - having a good time with your games?

What're you playing, and could you recommend it?
>>
Eh, okay I guess. I'm a little burned out at the moment so I've fallen back to playing something I don't play when I actually want to play games. Usually it's TF2 but I'm trying to play dota 2 at the moment. I'm pretty stuck on trying to learn it though, all those heroes and items and skills and builds etc. I have no idea what the learning process is for a moba and where I should start and I'll probably stop playing it in a week or two when I feel like playing something I actually want to play.
>>
File: argent1.jpg (54 KB, 1024x312) Image search: [Google]
argent1.jpg
54 KB, 1024x312
>>333154406

>I have no idea what the learning process is for a moba

There's probably some guides out there, but I reckon the easiest way to get going with it is grabbing some friends and failing for a while.

What'd you play before you burnt out?
>>
yes

hyper light drifter, yes
>>
Having a lot of fun in Trackmania turbo multiplayer. Trying to play paragon but suck at mobas
>>
File: day22.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
day22.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
>>333154537

Trackmania was pretty much my go-to for a quick game with friends a few years ago. Still fun?
>>
>>333154457
None of my friends play or have any interest in playing any moba so that's not really an option for me.

I was playing SF4 but then 5 came out and everyone but me moved on to that since I can't run it. I tried to move on to KoFXIII but rushdown fighters never really clicked with me, so I tried to play through a few games in my backlog and got burned out until I saw a thread on here a few days ago with people talking about dota without the usual shitflinging of MY MOBA IS BETTER THAN YOUR MOBA or MOBAS SUCK FUCK OFF CASUAL SCUM REE or waifuposting which got me semi-interested. /v/ can be okay sometimes when people aren't doing the usual zero effort memeposting/shitposting/cynicism.
>>
File: 774px-Darnassus_TCG.jpg (186 KB, 774x600) Image search: [Google]
774px-Darnassus_TCG.jpg
186 KB, 774x600
>>333155026

>/v/ can be okay sometimes when people aren't doing the usual zero effort memeposting/shitposting/cynicism.

The early posts in a thread are very decisive for the tone throughout the rest of it.
>>
File: IMG-20160403-WA0002.jpg (91 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160403-WA0002.jpg
91 KB, 900x1600
Im thinking of buying hyper light drifter once I get home from work. Havent played much in the last week aside from a few hours of edf 4.1. sucks that its difficult to get a full online game going on. Hope the next in the series has drop in/out during a mission
>>
>>333154054
>What're you playing
I mostly only play Monster Hunter these days, gonna boot up MHX in a few and try to get into it again.
>could you recommend it
Hell yeah, nigga.
>>
File: htiwfw5na9ueraxxfqnh.gif (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
htiwfw5na9ueraxxfqnh.gif
1 MB, 1280x720
>>333154054

I was for a whole 2 days, then as soon as you climb the MMR ladder just a little bit the game's true nature reveals itself

play a really fast legend or lose. don't forget your throw spam meta and short sword/spear ez peazy fisher price combos

Brawlhalla is like if you took Smash's early problem with Meta-knight being the toppest tier because he can do everything, and applied it to 3/4ths of the cast

also it's fucking grind city the game

I do NOT recommend it. but the DL is so small so w/e, nothing of value really lost
>>
File: 1234531.jpg (922 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1234531.jpg
922 KB, 2560x1600
>>333155368

Yeah, that seems like a waste not to add for a game like EDF.

>>333155823

Okay, so sell Monter Hunter to someone who's never played it. I kind of understand that you fight huge monsters in free-flowing 3d combat, btu that's about it.
>>
File: 13124151.jpg (140 KB, 1024x1629) Image search: [Google]
13124151.jpg
140 KB, 1024x1629
>>333155895

... Is that a render of the standard human tavern interior in WoW?

Worth the price still?
>>
File: monsterhunter.png (61 KB, 580x1866) Image search: [Google]
monsterhunter.png
61 KB, 580x1866
>>333155953
>I kind of understand that you fight huge monsters in free-flowing 3d combat, btu that's about it.
That's the usual line people like to sell it with but I think it's pretty important to note that resource gathering is a large part of the game as well. While gathering natural resources (stuff you only acquire directly from maps or your farm) has been toned down a bit, murdering monsters over and over again to wear their skin or make weapons from their teeth is very prominent. This is probably the problem most people that don't like the game have: grinding.
The thing I personally like the most about MH is that there is a ton of different weapon classes and playstyles. Not to mention that the music is gr8/8.
>>
I'm having a blast returning to Ark on Xbox, the new content makes up for me rage quitting a month ago
>>
>>333154054
Saints Row IV re-elected on the xbone. It's a ton of fun to me, flying around, running up buildings, running into people at 100 mph and suplexing them into the fugging ground. The character creation in this game is so damn detailed and gives you a ton of stuff to work with, I tried and made a decent Bayonetta. The graphics aren't that great though, it looks like they just up-res'd the 360 textures. Framerate is uncapped, can go as high as 60 to mid 20's when there's a lot of shit happening on the screen. I'm still having a good fucking time though. I would highly recommend it. Treat it as a superhero game/Crackdown and not an SR or GTA clone. Cars will be come useless to you in the first couple of hours as they give you super speed and super jump.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.