[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are you guys enjoying the Platinum Demo for Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10
File: FFXV PD.jpg (46 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
FFXV PD.jpg
46 KB, 800x450
How are you guys enjoying the Platinum Demo for Final Fantasy XV?

My only real gripes are the framerate and the magic.

>magic is an item

For what purpose, what is this bloodborne?

Do you think they can rework this in 5 months?
>>
Bland, baron, ugly. Bad frameraye. Feels cheap all round. Combat is bad. The flashy shit isn't cool, give me a pause menu any day.
>>
>>333145553
There are two types of magic. One is consumable, one is not.
>>
File: FFXV Day One Edition DLC.jpg (85 KB, 691x374) Image search: [Google]
FFXV Day One Edition DLC.jpg
85 KB, 691x374
Anyone know any more about these "packs"?
>>
>enjoying
The only thing I enjoyed about the demo is the money it saved me.
>>
>>333145678
>>333146119

Literally impossible to discuss this game without shitposters.
>>
File: 1443370822054.jpg (214 KB, 345x336) Image search: [Google]
1443370822054.jpg
214 KB, 345x336
The gameplay is terrible.

Good thing gameplay is an archaic premise that the industry is thankfully moving away from.

>press O and only O to win
>>
It was fun. But I expect a Dragon's Dogma scenario where a PC version will be badly needed.
>>
>>333146258
>press O and only O to win

That option was implemented for casuals.

The combat isn't as basic as I thought it was. If you fiddle around, you can pull off some pretty neat shit. Just don't go expecting something as deep as DMC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEYvFS7w3KE&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzbNCiVzzYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8UqiPl5laU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYanAX2AlVU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcQLsRRMLQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxSwEL7SPo0
Sword -
Circle: Combo
Circle + Up: Stab
Circle + Down: Backflip strike
Circle + Left: Left spin strike
Circle + Right: Right spin strike
Air Circle: Combo
Air Combo + Directionals: Dodge (resets combo)
Air + Down: Downwards strike
Triangle: Warp strike

Greatsword -
Circle + Up: Forward charge
Circle + Down: Spin strike
Circle + Left: -
Circle + Right: -
: Charge up strike

Shuriken -
Circle: Combo (hold=fast combo, tap=slow combo)
Circle + Up: -
Circle + Down: Early combo finisher
Circle + Right: -
Air + Circle: Combo
Air Combo + Directionals: Dodge (resets combo)
Traingle: Warp strike (multiple hits)

Shield -
Circle + Up: Forward charge
Circle + Down: Slow spin strike
Circle + Right -
Circle, pause, hold circle (Circle, back step, hold circle): Forward charge (works mid range)
Square (hold): Keep shield up, take less damage
Square (at impact of attack): stuns enemy shortly, prevents taking damage

It's still basic as fuck, but it's not entirely Hold O to win.

In Episode Duscae if you did that in the caves or with Behemoth you would Game Over quick.
>>
File: 1455849888657.gif (818 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1455849888657.gif
818 KB, 400x225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-ANQvMkXg
>>
>>333146212
Haha a bunch of angry PCucks am I right?? Hey, guys, did you even PLAY the demo? Come on. Get the shuriken and shield then let's see you talk shit. Better yet, get a PS4. PC never ever!!
>>
File: 1453396028304.png (51 KB, 1504x1016) Image search: [Google]
1453396028304.png
51 KB, 1504x1016
>>333146462
If only the combat was as in-depth as this Marketing post.
>>
>>333146462
If it's not press O to win then why did you post a bunch of evidence supporting that it's press O to win?
>>
so how do you develop your characters?
do they gain abilities by leveling up, do they buy abilities, is there a job system?
how does character growth work in this game?
>>
>>333146665
Noctis has abilities tied to weapons and the party members get commands by leveling up
That's pretty much all we know so far
>>
>>333145553
I wish I could grab ledges, fuck.
>>
>>333145553
10 hours in and counting. Platinum Demo might just be the comfiest 'game' on my PS4.
>>
>>333148307
Shimomura?
>>
The automatic stuff needs to go. It makes ke feel like im not in control.

Otherwise it needs waaaay more moves and cancels.

The weapons having different forms of warp is cool.

Just needs to be less casual and less inputlag.
>>
>>333148906
Nothing stops you from pressing the button instead of holding it
>>
>>333148307

I'm actually still finding out new hit about the combat. I love night time Lucis.
>>
>>333146212
That's what you get from releasing a crappy and rushed as hell free demo out for public. If the IG battle explained the combat mechanics, there's probably less negative feedback from it.
>>
>>333150224

I forgot that everyone here needs their hands held nowadays.
>>
>>333146258
Triangle for warp
Square (hold) for dodge
And some other button mapped for party techniques
But yeah, holding circle really allowed to mechanic to be abused. But then again, if the said mechanic allowed for better and quicker grinding, I don't mind it at all. Even Persona have that system, and it's a turn based game.
>inb4 grinding for an action based game, git gud
First and foremost it's an JRPG with action-oriented combat. The fallacy of the inevitable grinding still attached to it.
>>
>>333145553
I think it's only an item to showcase it and not get you stuck in to using one spell. Some of them are extremely powerful too, so being able to spam them might have made the little combat there is bland
>>
>>333150617
It'll also be items on the main game, at least the elemental magics
You gather them through the world similarly to the draw points in VIII
>>
>>333146258

>press attack to win a fight

Just like every single FF game!
>>
Platinum Demo was honestly fucking terrible, I can't put it in kinder words.

If this was them trying to sell FFXV it failed miserably. If I was square I would actually pull the demo down, it's doing more harm then good. If FFXV has any redeeming qualities, this demo sure as fuck didn't show them off.
>>
>>333150328
lock on the iron giant after you warp strike him to warp around him. This is useful for avoiding attacks
>>
>>333146462

I like the music. I like how you can warp high up in the building to get a vantage point. The rest looks pretty unimpressive. The lighting in particular looks a bit off to me.

It's hard to judge gamplay from videos but I don't like how most of the attacks don't seem to have any weight behind them. The enemy's huge sword attack barely push the protagonist around when they connect, I would expect him to go flying around. And when the player attacks with the ninja stars thing the enemy doesn't flinch at all.

They should take more cues from Dragon's Dogma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wbrX-plkO4
>>
>>333151823

Dragon's Dogma's battle is boring. It's only raved about because of the climbing enemies mechanic.

I love DD though.

Mystik Knght master race.
>>
>>333151959

It's not perfect but it's pretty good for an ARPG IMO. I played through it in hard mode and it didn't feel too grindy or repetitive (unless you chose to play it that way). Encounters with the big monsters are interesting most of the time.

I would be happy if FFXV's battle system was at least as good as DD's.
>>
I'm kinda annoyed that combat has no weight to is. Even charged greatsword attacks feel like nothing.
>>
>>333145553
I didn't really understand the combat at all. The ending felt really nice. Like we were just starting our adventure by entering our names.

But then that order screen came up and kind of killed my boner.
>>
>>333145553
>>greentext
>mem, meme?
Can you even talk like a normal person, you fuckign redditor?
>>
>>333152970

What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>333153029

Don't feed him.
>>
>>333153029
I'm talking about OP's post, you imbecile. The post I'm replying to.
>>
>see yellow barrel
>oh baby
>launch fireball when IG is over it
>was a bit to close
>noctis rolls on the floor on fire putting out his shirt
>shirt is tinged
>steam coming off him

I like the technology.
>>
>>333153172

What was wrong with it?
>>
>>333145553

>>magic is an item
>
>For what purpose, what is this bloodborne?

More like FFVIII I suppose?
>>
>>333153453
I spelled out exactly what was wrong with it in >>333152970 . Why are you so dim?
>>
>>333153648

Are you retarded or something?

>>333153582

What? Magic wasn't a literal AoE thrown item in VIII. Most of the magic in the demo missed everyone. Only useless spell is Meteorain because it actually works.
>>
>>333153724

Oh I see what you mean. Nevermind then.
>>
File: 1459460691993.jpg (847 KB, 1280x867) Image search: [Google]
1459460691993.jpg
847 KB, 1280x867
>>333146212
where do you think you are?
If you actually want to discuss video games you shouldn't be on /v/
>>
>>333153724
>Only useless spell is Meteorain because it actually works.

useful even
>>
>>333153830

It's just annoying having spells being literal grenades. Insta-throwing them even has a high chance of missing completely. It's annoying as fuck. They should bind it to a button, and it shouldn't take a space in the weapon wheel.
>>
>>333145678

>baron
>>
>>333154069
just lock on to the enemy
>>
>>333154139

Even with hardlock enemies can just fucking stroll away and the spell completely misses.

Biggest offender is lightning.
>>
>>333145553
Loved it up until it said I would play as an adult version of Noctis in the full game. The only reason it was so good was because of the cute boy.
>>
File: Disgusting.png (72 KB, 219x196) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.png
72 KB, 219x196
>>333151823
> when the player attacks with the ninja stars thing the enemy doesn't flinch at all.

lmao

>be literaly an IRON GIANT
>get hit by a small metalic star shaped weapon
>star bounces of you and makes a small clang sound
>fall down and cry like a bitch

Sounds good.

You people will use anything to call the game shit.
>>
>>333154551

There's actually a shuriken ability that spams dozens of it in one go, and if you do it from the air far away enough it knocks him on his knees and stuns him.
>>
>>333154674
Fuck, I need to unlock the shuriken. The plate was locked when I first played the demo.
>>
>>333154808
it unlocks after you beat the iron giant
>>
File: FFXV Demo hidden weapons.webm (3 MB, 888x500) Image search: [Google]
FFXV Demo hidden weapons.webm
3 MB, 888x500
>>333154808

get crystals

you can unlock weapons for chibi noct and the meteorain spell as well

You only need 150 crystals and need to beat the iron giant at least once to unlock the shuriken and shield.
>>
>>333154551

It still damages him though, so it should register somehow. If they only were glancing blow I'd agree.

But it's not just the shurikens either, if you look at this video for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEYvFS7w3KE

None of noctis attack seem to register. When he does the warp strike thingy the enemy does fall on its knees but it's delayed and doesn't seem to be directly in response to the hit (but rather some damage threshold that makes it faint). I would expect the momentum of the blow to push him backwards, maybe make it stumble (like in DD). Instead it either does nothing at all or triggers a scripted animation of the enemy's falling on his knees. That doesn't really look satisfying, but again I'm only judging from videos.
>>
I don't enjoy anything. I don't even know what the fuck this "demo" is supposed to be. Deleted it right after playing through once.
>>
>>333149214
not holding it but the function bothers me on occasion. Also I consider auto warping into range the true problem.
>>
>>333155069
he was in his spawning animation thats why he didn't fall down it seems like that. Once he completed his spawn animation he started the "oh shit i got stunned" animation.
>>
File: kek.png (789 KB, 943x749) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
789 KB, 943x749
So, realistically, what are the chances of a PC version coming out?
>>
>>333155538
>>
>>333155068
Thanks. I noticed the balcony, but tried to get the weapons before beating the Iron Giant.
>>
>>333155538

Of course a fucking PC version is coming.

They released one for fucking Lightning Returns, XV will get one aswell. What they're trying to do now is act coy and like "I don't know, maaaaaaaybe we'll release one, do you want one?"

So then when they announce it it's like "Woah man look how much we listen to our fans. you asked for this!" despite it being planned all along, and now they can make people buy it twice.
>>
>>333155538
>SE said it needs 10 million copies sold to be successful

You tell me
>>
>>333155405

Yeah but it's still a set animation, not in answer to the direction and strength of the blow. If you hit him in the face it still falls forward instead of stumbling backwards. It's a pretty slow animation though.

I'm going to look like a DD shill but I really think it does that well, compare these two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wg7uQEClGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvnX6_mEHfs

Same monster, same attack but two different positions, the monster stumbles away from the hit.

>>333155538

Pretty likely, after all FFXIII got ported. They have no reason not to, it's cheap for them to make and it can always make some money. Probably not before a year or so though.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.