[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Racing game of the year is coming to consoles in less than 2 days.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 3max.jpg (155 KB, 497x678) Image search: [Google]
3max.jpg
155 KB, 497x678
Racing game of the year is coming to consoles in less than 2 days.
>>
Is there any news on the framerate of the console version?
>>
>>333135887
1080p/60fps on PS4
dynamic resolution (between 1080p and 900p)/60fps on Xbox One

Paul has been very insistent on the framerate aspect so I'm pretty sure we won't see any dips in fps on consoles, he also said graphic wise it's equivalent to the very high settings on PC.
>>
File: et.gif (244 KB, 700x560) Image search: [Google]
et.gif
244 KB, 700x560
>game of the year
>>
>racing game of the year
>not trackmania turbo

Time to get some real tastes.

Inb4 muh realism
>>
Been playing it on PC for like a year.

>playing sims on a PC
>>
>>333136037
neat, that's great news
>>
was there any special pre-order stuff?

I didn't pre-order this but I'm interested in getting it from what I've seen of it
>>
>>333136518
If you pre-order you get a Mini already fully upgraded, but you can also fully upgrade a Mini in game in less than 1 hour so I don't see the point.
>>
>>333136037
>Xbone 900p 1080p dynamic resolution

But that's wrong. It's full 1080p 60fps just like the PS4 version. In fact, having watched the digital foundry video, the PS4 version seems the worst since it has much worse screen tearing than the Xbone version.
>>
>>333136668
It's a dynamic system m8, it's 1080p but the resolution drops when graphics get intense.

http://gamingbolt.com/dirt-rally-xbox-ones-resolution-has-been-improved-from-900p-to-1080p-no-plans-for-dx12-pc-version

I've been following the news since last year.
>>
I hope our console bros buy the game, it's a great game and you'll surely enjoy it, while also contributing to make Dirt Rally 2 possible.
>>
It looks fun as fuck. I surprised myself that I'm considering day-1....
>>
Why are Finland tracks the best?
>>
>>333137185
I personally prefer Wales, but Finland is great, I think it's the fact that you have so much room to push your car to the limit, and then regret you got to close to the ditch.
>>
>>333137185
Snow levels are always the best in all genres.
>>
>>333137396
Finland is not snow, that would be Sweden.
>>
Codemasters games were always very well optimized. How about this new Dirt Rally, does it run well on modest PCs?
>>
>>333137797
I can play it on high with my HD 7850 1GB at 60fps with absolute no dips, which makes me think I could go a little higher but I'm honestly to lazy to mess around with individual settings, so yeah, it's very well optimized.
>>
>>333136793
My mistake. Although it does state it's only in very rare circumstances, so I wouldn't expect it to be noticeable. Anyway the game looks OK but I always tend to think racers nowadays rise or fall on the quality of their multiplayer. If there isn't a decent community of people online I can see this becoming fairly boring.

How we looking on the multiplayer front?
>>
>>333137923
Nice, I think I will get it on Steam then
>>
>>333138097
Well the actual multiplayer is only available for Rallycross, so I haven't played it much (I'm not a big fan of Rallycross) but from the few matches I played I think it's pretty much lag free, almost as if you're playing with bots.
>>
>>333135506

The game came out last year you fucking retard, it can't be Game of the Year. Enjoy our scraps, peasants, I doubt you can even handle DiRT Rally because its not arcadey GTA shit.
>>
>>333138525
Fuck off platform war faglord.
>>
>>333138760

Hey listen I'm happy that for the first time in years PS4 gets a good game, even if another port, that should actually be able to run higher than 10FPS this time.

Enjoy our scraps.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubYSysTialc
sweet fucking jesus

i'm depressed now, i just realized how much i suck at this game
>>
>>333139521
Anon I used to suck so bad at this game, but I kept playing and 200 hours later I can easily get 1st place in masters championship even with Group B cars. Just keep trying, don't give up!
>>
>>333139521
It's just a matter of practice, and maybe having a good controller, im thinking of buying the g920 atm.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.