[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>skull face is tortured because he cannot feel pain >snake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 28
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>skull face is tortured because he cannot feel pain
>snake and kaz are tortured because of the intensity of their phantom pain
>venom snake unknowingly carries around the pain and guilt of big boss' memories
>skull face's face, identity, and life were stolen from him
>same thing happened to snake
>subtly asks the players to question who the villain of the story really is
On paper this game's story is amazing. So what went wrong?
>>
Nothing. Game is good.
>>
>>333133520
they screwed the execution. more dev time and this game would have been the game fans were hyped about. as it is now it only a good game to non fans and a terrible mgs game for the fans.
>>
Story is still great.

The "you're not solid snake in this one" thing happened again and people git buttblasted. Once that settled down, people kept shitposting about it because it was the cool thing to do.

I'm a bit miffed about the cut content, but the game is still amazing.
>>
>>333133805
>Story is still great.
Its real simple and full of lame plot contrivances, lacking nealy all the classic MGS bombast in favor of dry story telling, which could have been fine if it had a dark presentation and subject matter, but the end result is messy and lame
>>
It wasn't given enough time to finish.
>>
>>333133520
I WAS BORN
>>
>>333133520
>what went wrong?

they ran out of time to finish the 2nd half of the game so instead you get to repeat missions on much harder difficulty or grind side ops just to get the last few cutscenes
>>
I was really only upset with how they ended Eli's storyline. I would have loved to see Venom mocking him and planting the seeds that would turn him into the liquid snake that we know later on.
>>
It's still pretty alright given the circumstances
>>
>>333134165
ON THE EDGE
>>
>>333133520
In practise it's actually a hodgepodge of missions where only a few out of 50+ actually feel important and the story is mainly delivered to you via optional audio dramas no sane man is going to waste his time on.
>>
File: sam cooke.jpg (258 KB, 1303x1600) Image search: [Google]
sam cooke.jpg
258 KB, 1303x1600
>>333134165
BY THE RIVER
>>
>>333133520
storytelling, i guess

kojima abandoned his strongest storytelling assets (this is long-ass cutscenes and proper codec calls) and in result it felt like there is almost no story-content at all.

But it wasn't that bad. In the end, worst aspect of MGSV was ending that obviously happened in the middle of development. Hell, they even added second chapter ending as a movie in collector's edition.
>>
There's a couple of "pains" that Venom can actually hold onto that doesn't come from Big Boss.

The death of Paz, and Quiet. Both symbolized by butterflies.
>>
>>333133805
Generally speaking a reveal about a character switcheroo should change the context of previous plot points. That doesn't happen in MGSV. It just gets tossed out there with absolutely no consequence. "Oh also you're not Big Boss you're a body double" is a twist just for the sake of giving the game a twist. It's a needless plot detail that presents itself like the entire story hinges on it.

Do you really think that's great?
>>
> On paper this game's story is amazing

You mean ignoring how "parasites" basically dictate the whole story. It was completely unnecessary and batshit retarded.

Even then Huey is one of the best characters I've ever seen in a game. People who dismissed all his shit as cheesy or cringy completely missed that Huey was trying to act the part of a victim the whole time.
>>
>>333134635
Is it really a twist though? You can always see the reflection and shit. And BB magically unlearned russian. I mean it IS handled like shit, but still.
>>
>no one gives a shit about Ocelot's phantom pain
His was the most tragic.
>>
>>333134685
Having a character be gleefully complicit in the construction of weapons of war, then having him turn around and say "YOU'RE KILLING PEOPLE WITH MY UNSTOPPABLE KILL MACHINES!?!?!?!?!?!" is pretty weak writing.
>>
>subtly asks the players to question who the villain of the story really is

Probably the guy who wanted to give nukes to everyone and destroy an entire language by killing those that spoke it.
>>
>>333134807

Well the is a perpetual lair, so it makes complete sense condescending he always believes that whatever he does is always right and what others do is always wrong.
>>
File: 1449733815888.jpg (25 KB, 331x271) Image search: [Google]
1449733815888.jpg
25 KB, 331x271
>>333133520
the idea is good the problem is that without cutscenes or codec calls or story heavy missions the story basically doesn't exist.
Imagine a phantom pain that was basically a world of camp omega type bases scattered around an active war zone (IE battles occur and you can use enemy attacks to cover your infiltration like the first part of MGS4), with numerous story missions with like.. cutscenes. and dialogue. And codec calls instead of the fucking cassette tapes. And I get why Venom Snake is a blank slate, that's the point, but why didn't Kojima get that even if it's intentional.. it's shit? It's just shitty, no matter the reason. The main character has no character. Imagine if the game actually had him interacting with people and he could develop a character, as he grows beyond his bare bones programming as a phantom of big boss to becoming his own man. Just fuck
fuck why wasn't this the best game ever
>>
>>333133575
/thread
>>
>This trailer comes out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJVxPAiB7as
>I think "holy shit if this is what they're showing of the story, imagine what we're not seeing yet"
>Game comes out
>This trailer implied there was so much more story than there actually was, and like 90% of these lines were in cassettes that just gave background info that doesn't factor into the main story at all

This game made me mad and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
>>
>>333134892
Yeah, but maybe it's Venom Snake: The guy who saved African child soldiers after being tasked to kill them, tried to raise them to stay off the battlefield, would spare the life of a sellout that caused everyone pain, and would disarm nukes for greater peace.
>>
One of the amazing things kojima could have explored is the phenomenon of Big Boss and Venom Snake being different despite having the same memories. Venom is more reserved and is deeply connected to his soldiers while Big Boss sees the lives of his men as expendable. Its a great philosophical question that could have tied in to the Moby Dick theme that the game was going for. Both Captain Ahab and Captain Boomer went through the same encounter with the whale and lost limbs but the same event affected each man in a completely different way. Boomer was happy to be alive while Ahab was intent on revenge.
Why didn't kojima explore this more?
>>
File: 1449614086845.gif (688 KB, 286x310) Image search: [Google]
1449614086845.gif
688 KB, 286x310
>>333134795
>the cutscene where he gives a soldier the same advice big boss gave him about shooting, it goes completely over venom's head and he just looks deflated
>>
>Skullface has a pistolero outfit and a cool gun
>You never have a 1v1 boss battle with him
MGSV fucking sucks.
>>
>>333135251
>the ending tape where Ocelot is tip toeing awkwardly around the clone subject
>trying to drop reasons for why Big Boss should care
>even nonchalantly suggests Eli might already be dead
>"They're not even human"
>Ocelot says nothing
>tape ends
>>
File: mgsv fix.png (83 KB, 1524x444) Image search: [Google]
mgsv fix.png
83 KB, 1524x444
mgsv could have been goat even with the current state shitty story
>>
>>333133520
konami canned the darker story elements
>>
Too many of the missions were just 'go to this base, extract this guy'.

I don't think there's a single downside to extracting literally everyone and it never felt like the story impacted the gameplay or vice versa. Basically regardless of what you do in a mission or what happens in the story the world stays the same and the repetitive nature of the game just made things worse.
>>
>>333135374
>Quiet
>Eli
>Man on Fire
>the gundam
Fuck the boss battles were shit now that I think about it
>>
>>333135614
you have a limit to how many guys you can have and they also spread parasites, so if you fulton everyone you end up having to spend a bunch of time clearing out the shitters
>>
>>333135374
>not even unlockable skullface gun
>actually lack of any special unlockable weapons, just R&D, fanciest shit was water pistol
>>
File: jesus christ.png (144 KB, 522x479) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ.png
144 KB, 522x479
>>333135474
In Japanese he says "It's not like I'm jealous or anything." as apposed to what's here.

god fucking damn
>>
>>333135691
>Quiet's fight
a pretty good take on the classic MGS sniper fight, definitely nowhere near The End though
>Eli's fight
fucking obnoxious and I have no idea how it made it through playtesting because you get sick of it before the halfway mark and it gets in to that shitty boss fight territory where you're just doing this repetitive thing on auto pilot over and over watching life bars drop, waiting for him to just fucking stay down
>man on fire
wow its fucking nothing
>metal gear evangelion
Everything I said about the Eli fight but even worse
>>
>>333135591
like what???
>>
Help me. I havent actually played the game or the series but theres a scene I saw somewhere where Snake reaches out and grabs a butterfly. Ive been looking for it for a while now but I cant find it. Im starting to think I imagined it.
>>
>false advertising with the "missing link' shit
>one story mission/cutscene for every five filler missions (except chapters 20-30) is super weird for a Metal Gear game
>spoiled the Sahel. reveal in the trailers literally weeks before the game launched
>"Plot twist" feels tacked on, and its revelation barely changes anything about the story except saying "this shit didn't matter"
>You aren't even Big Boss, you're his irrelevant clone taking part in a story that has nothing to do with the rest of the series. This is really disappointing, considering this was the last game ever and the real BB is doing cool shit you'll never see
>doing two chapters teased people about the game's length, and made people hope that after Chapter 1, 2 would be about relevant stuff
>the game is literally unfinished, with loose ends that will never get tied up

It's a good game, but holy shit the execution and false advertising were awful
>>
>>333136196
MGS3, it's when he's planting explosives on a fuel tank. There is also a parody of it.
>>
I remember reading somewhere that he spent almost all of the time and money allotted to him making the FOX Engine, and didn't even start with the story until early 2014. If that's true, I don't really blame Konami for firing him
>>
>>333136052
>Quiet
agreed
>Eli
agreed. needed a bit more variety in eli's behavior and how he takes different paths
>man on fire
this shit took me hours because i assumed the boss battle was hard, i kept luring him into the pool, throwing grenades, shooting the water tanks, and DYING. A LOT. turns out you just shoot the 2 big ass water towers and that's it.
>MG
literally just get in a tank and shoot a lot at him and it's over
>>
>>333136296
Also when he met EVA after he lost his eye.
>>
File: 1d3.jpg (64 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
1d3.jpg
64 KB, 600x560
>>333136198
>mfw ground zeroes the legendary 40 dollar demo ended up being a better game than the game it was a demo of
>>
>>333135167
>if this is what they're showing of the story, imagine what we're not seeing yet
You piece of shit. Don't remind me.
>>
File: ok.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1080
>>333133520
because snake didn't make Chico rape Paz and put a vag bomb in her, then attack Mother Base and then walk a huge power ranger around.

And the game was rushed.
>>
>>333136614
Jesus Christ this.

Why did they do this trailer
>>
File: 1459483698031.jpg (381 KB, 1024x1576) Image search: [Google]
1459483698031.jpg
381 KB, 1024x1576
>>333134685

>You mean ignoring how "parasites" basically dictate the whole story.

Don't forget, the parasites are essentially nanomachines for Big Boss' era of bull-shit super-humans. They said all of the Cobra Unit were supposed to be using them, at the very least The End was.

I don't know why Kojima doesn't leave well enough alone.
>>
>>333133520
The real villain is Big Boss. He always has been. The only reason why idiots think he isn't because he is a meme character in MGS3 and everyone thinks he's funny, when he was just a retard bumbling through the woods as everyone lost on purpose so he could finish his mission.
>>
>>333136836
No one is really a villain. That's like saying Solid was a villain for what he did working for the patriots.

Big Boss and Zero both had ideals and both fucked up. Ocelot and EVA cleaned up the mess. That's pretty much MGS in a nutshell.
>>
>>333136836
He was intentionally made likable and charming and hot in MGS3 just like all the characters were made to be likable and friendly and have funny personality quirks just so they could crush your souls by revealing them as the Patriots in MGS4
>>
Tapes are the worst fucking shit man.
>try to listen to some
>YOU'RE GONNA EXTRACT HIM TOO? ROGER THAT
>BOSS GET DOWN! THE ENEMY SNIPER!
>>
>>333133520
repetitive missions, especially towards the end where you replay the same shit in higher difficulty, felt like filler.
game was unfinished.
>>
>>333137110
>listening to tapes during a mission
That's your own fault
>>
The thing I found most disappointing about it was how predictable it was, for fucks sake people called the twist when GZ came out.

>wait, are you telling me that those retarded fan theories from over a year ago were actually right?
>FUCK
>>
>>333137320
This. I called it in the first fifteen seconds, but didn't want to believe it could be as dumb as it appeared
>>
>>333134795
>>333135251
>>333135474
>>333135898

Is Ocelot the most tragic MGS character?
Of course taking into consideration what The Boss did to keep him alive and how he went and finally did her will at the end?
>>
>>333137320
>all the actual interesting fan theories like Chico being Quiet were bullshit
>some shitpost about "lol i bet you're not really big boss and just look like him" was completely right
Even during the first mission where Ocelot's telling Medic about how his ocular nerves are fucked, I was still hoping so badly that the story would literally be about BB spiraling into madness due to his brain injury.
>>
>>333133520
Issues in exposition, pacing and delivery. There is a lot of good dialogue, excellent setpieces, good missions and interesting themes. But then you have 2/3 of the missions be kills/extract/destroy this with minimal story.
>>
File: Hmmm.png (164 KB, 453x477) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.png
164 KB, 453x477
Might as well ask here, I just started Peace Walker earlier today, beat the Pupa fight and unlocked the ability to build ZEKE. Is it worth farming Pupa for scrap and AI boards so I can build ZEKE early for Outer Ops stuff?
>>
Tapes are too back heavy. At the end of game, you can be getting 10-15 mins of tapes after every missions. Before that, its like 1-2. In Africa, it just dies down.
>>
>>333137815
Seriously. And it wasn't even referenced again, except maybe volgin I guess.
>>
>>333134635
But it's not for no reason, the whole point of the twist has been the whole point of the series. that being actual big boss doesn't mater, what mattered where his memes and the legend. Not defending what we got, cuz it needed more time, but the twist didnt seem like it was meant to surprise, more meant to make the player realize that big boss was never really more than a man, and venom proves that.
>>
>>333138001
Protip: electronic chips are more useful than the advanced parts. Write on a piece of paper which ones you don't have, also IIRC the other players can pick them up for you.
>>
Why does literally nobody talk about the fact that skull face, zero, and big boss are all equally wrong and were just trying to interpret The Bosses legacy? It wasn't until the very end in 4 BB realized, fucking pottery man.
>>
>>333138206
People still play MP for this? Figured it was all dead.
>>
>>333134395
>not listening to the neo-codecs

actually I agree, fuck the new codecs
>>
>>333138341
Last I heard some people still play PW on the PS3, worse comes to worse ask in /mgg/ or some shit.
>>
>>333134635
> It just gets tossed out there with absolutely no consequence.

Wow. You really did not understand anything about this game.
>>
File: 78979564655664564231.jpg (17 KB, 299x316) Image search: [Google]
78979564655664564231.jpg
17 KB, 299x316
>>333137815
>all the actual interesting fan theories like Chico being Quiet were bullshit
Worst part is that it would have made Quiet much more interesting as a result. Chico suffered a lot in Ground Zeroes for nothing, and I mean that in the dramatic sense. He just had a little bit of a spotlight with his recurring theme of not being man enough and always giving the enemy information and his arc was never finished.
This game is filled with missed oportunities.
>>
>>333135251
I'd imagine that it's because Venom doesn't have all of Big Bosses memories, just what what happened Portable Ops/Peace Walker. Like he knows Ocelot but not every experience he's had with him, so when he does that cutscene he looks at Venom for a minute expecting a little "hey I see what you did there" but got nothing because he's not Naked Snake.
>>
>>333136836
He's not Big Boss in MGS3, he's Naked Snake
>>
>>333136054
The ones that make you regret your words and deeds
>>
>>333138982
He literally becomes Big Boss at the end. Did you forget?
>>
File: 1450905947807.jpg (7 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1450905947807.jpg
7 KB, 250x236
anyone else kinda mad that the game was-for the most part- about parasites and shit? I was really hoping they touch on the child soldier shit but that was barely touched on.

MGO3 is my biggest letdown with the game, seriously I was so hoping I could relieve those fond MGO2 memories but goddamn MGO3 is so garbage is not even funny.
>>
>>333135691
>>333136052
>>333136349

Can we talk about how the ruins the Quiet boss battle took place in had so many different vantage points, destructible objects, and terrain, only to be unused?

I've played the normal and extreme missions multiple ways, (sniper duel, lethal/nonlethal, melee) and they barely used the terrain at all. There was no fucking point in climbing any of the towers or ruins to countersnipe Quiet. What a shit boss fight.
>>
>>333139324
But the entire game you play as Naked Snake, not Big Boss
>>
>>333133575
/thread
>>
>>333139475
It's the same person, anon.
>>
>>333138546
I hate these threads for reminding me how shit this game is. I bought it the day of release with the hardcover guide.

Never again.
>>
>>333139441
My computer crashes every time I try to play MGO3
>>
>>333139593
He arguably isn't, as the mission changed his personality.
>>
>>333135038
>>333139585
/faggot
>>
>>333139475
FOR ALL OUR RIGHTEOUS CRIMES WE COMPENSATE
BUT AS FOR ME, IT'S FAR TOO LATE

I CAN'T DENY THE VOICES INSIDE MY BRAIN-
IT'S NOT A DREAM, WE'RE ONE AND THE SAME
>>
The only thing i really am butthurt over is the self-limiting in the game. Like, the demon mechanics is the stupidest shit i've ever seen, if you don't want to look like a retarded butcher, you can't use lethal weapons, and are stuck with riot smg+tranq sniper for the whole game. It get so fucking boring, i can't even.
>>
>>333139441

Does anyone even play MGO? I hopped on a couple of weeks ago on a weekend and the servers weren't even full. It seemed like it was a bunch of low level people who just got around to playing
>>
File: 1457010913355.png (46 KB, 152x265) Image search: [Google]
1457010913355.png
46 KB, 152x265
I love this series, I just got the game and the truth was spoiled to me.

I love the game since I loved Peace Walker but that "you're not Big Boss" thing is lame to me.

I really was thinking I was playing BB this entire time and it was natural since I was raping everyone solo like the true legendary soldier he is.

But since it's not him, I feel like a kid that learns that Santa Claus isn't real. Anyone can be the legend like when your drunk uncle comes to put the presents under the christmas tree.
The whole think about MGS is that all the Snakes are legendary soldiers. That's why you're able to invades bases and defeats huge Mechas by your own. No one is supposed to able to do that except for Solid, Liquid, Solidus Snake and Big Boss.

But a medic can do it too now...
I feel like I got trolled hard and I don't even want to finish the game anymore. I was figthing the Metal Gear Sahelantropus thing.
>>
>>333139723
His personality didn't change, he just lost his ability to feel compassion.
>>
>>333139727
/contrarian
>>
>>333139785

Wouldn't know, I leveled 2 of the 3 classes to max and I was planning on finishing the 3rd when the DLC came out but the game is so bad I don't even want to launch it, fuck I rather play BLOPS than that crap.
>>
>>333134165
INNA CROSSFIRE HURRICANE
>>
>>333139883
so his personality changed
>>
>>333140026
MGS3:
>stubborn idiot
PW:
>stubborn idiot with mommy issues

It's called PTSD
>>
>>333139883
And how is that not a change in personality?
>>
>>333137815
Towards the end I was kind of hoping the Chico is quiet twist was real. When Kojima mentioned something interesting about Quiet, that's what I assumed.
>>
>>333133520
>this post doesnt mention skull faces language was taken from him

YOU FUCKING IDIOT!
>>
File: 1459408255837.jpg (140 KB, 709x747) Image search: [Google]
1459408255837.jpg
140 KB, 709x747
mgs 3> 5 >>>>fuck everything else

mgs always had a shitty convulated story who cares

honestly 4 was a bigger disappointment

-whole plot explained by big boss's 30min exposition cutscene at the end

-stealth becomes irrelevant after ch 1

-long cutscenes

-ocelot arm plot twist

- weakest boss unit
>>
> threads posted multiple times a day saying:
> MGSV sucked :'(
> cut content!
> the trailers, give it back that was ours!

> these same people will dismiss the obvious fact that Kojima wanted the player to experience their own personal phantom pain, despite exhibiting symptoms daily
>>
>>333137694
He's pretty tragic, and I feel worse for him because he doesn't bitch and cry about it like just about everyone else. Sure he's a ruthless sadist, but that guy was always going to be fucked considering his upbringing and Kojima was obviously downplaying how bad he really was after MGS3 to make him more heroic. How he went out says enough about his true character to me, and that was a selfless guy who never really got a reward for anything. Even Big Boss got to piss around in MSF for a while.
>>
>>333140432
Still LOVE this argument.

>the game was bad on purpose!
>>
>>333133520
>So what went wrong?

Nothing makes any sense and most of the game is spent on a brainwashed mute asshole running around Afghanistan/Africa while retarded people cannot shut the fuck up about ancient parasites.

Like, you could probably put this into words better but what I'm trying to say here is that Chapter 1 of MGSV is the stupidest fucking thing Kojima has ever conceived, on paper or otherwise.
>>
>>333140505
>game was bad
t. comtrarian faggot
>>
>>333139983

What are your main complaints of it. I've been playing bounty mode mostly and I think the class system is the worst thing ever. Also it suffers from fast spawning imo.
>>
WHOOOOOOOOOO?
>>
>>333140461
I still like to think Big Boss offered Ocelot a spot as 2nd in command at MSF before he bumped into Kaz.
Ocelot turned it down because he knew it was a bad idea. They might have even fought about it. Despite that, Ocelot was still trying to help him by playing his part within Cipher.

Kind of makes sense too. When Big Boss wakes up in Cyprus and Ocelot explains the plan, Big Boss doesn't really hesitate trusting Ocelot completely. Because BB knows he fucked up and Ocelot was right.
>>
>>333140590
In this case the contrarian faggots say that the game is good. Same shit as DaS2.
>>
>>333140590
Not saying it's bad, but that is easily the MOST retarded argument I have ever seen to defend the game.

Any fucking game creator can use that to excuse missing shit.
>>
>>333140776
Is it just me or did anyone find it odd how Big Boss hates his clones, but is totally cool with someone basically being doppleganger?
>>
>>333141024
Yeah, he has an entire tape about how he hates imitations and that they are their own people.

And in the Doublethink tape he's like 'yeah, whatever' about Venom.
>>
Awful execution. Still a good game though.
>>
>>333141093
>>333141024

One thing you have to realize is. Zero came up with Venom and dumped him on Ocelot. It was either, make Venom a thing or the Medic was going to be psychologically fucked up or better off dead.

Big Boss wakes up and the plan is already complete. What can he really do except accept it? At least he had some doubt about "is this the right thing to do to someone?" and Ocelot had to talk him down.
>>
>>333135036
>Imagine if the game actually had him interacting with people and he could develop a character, as he grows beyond his bare bones programming as a phantom of big boss to becoming his own man
Interestingly, you basically described Raiden's story arc there, if you substitute Big Boss for Solid Snake. That's why I think it's complete bullshit when people compare the twist in this to the Raiden twist in 2.
>>
>>333133520
kojima fucked it
>>
>>333141217
Yeah, I expected Big Boss, who cares a lot about identity, to say fuck off about someone potentially taking his place. He's mad as fuck about his base being destroyed but he's willing to let someone else take the revenge?

I don't know, seems kinda ooc.
>>
Even with all its faults its still better than 1,2 and 4.
>>
>>333141423
Now that's shitposting.
>>
File: 2015-09-02_00013.jpg (159 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-02_00013.jpg
159 KB, 1600x900
>>333139768
S1000 > riot smg
>>
File: Manonfire.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Manonfire.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
So was this just fanservice or what? What even happened to him after he ended up at Mother Base?
>>
>>333141326
Big Boss never gave a fuck about revenge. He just wants to fight on the battlefield.
It kinda goes back to trusting Ocelot. The big problem now is the Patriots and Ocelot has him on a course to fight back. That's really Ocelot's true focus now is stopping Zero's Orwellian future from taking place and since BB is the "Big Brother" of the battlefield, he plays an important role.
I almost wonder if the MSF tragedy turned BB off to creating Outer Heaven and Ocelot had to convince him back on track. One of the end tapes is devoted to Ocelot telling BB what he's doing is the right thing. Which is odd, because BB should want his Outer Heaven right? Why should Ocelot need to make a tape like that?

I think there was some regret and again it goes back to trusting Ocelot's plan.
This is also why I really wanted those fucking end tapes to be animated. Ocelot's and Big Boss's expressions when they where in the hospital would have spoke volumes during those scenes.
>>
>>333142026
Big Boss certainly implies in MGS4 that he had a war with Zero, and he was definitely petty enough in PW that he'd want revenge.

In MG2 he's a raving madman. In MGSV he's a pretty calm dude. What happened?
>>
>>333141567
Sorry but MGS is an incredibly overrated series with an overly convoluted pseudo-philosophical plot. The gameplay is rubbish since the level design and encounter design is all over the place and too narrow. It has way too many set pieces which break up the core gameplay. The exposition is bloated.

3 with the improved edition added an actual third person camera and what a shocker the game was actually good.

MGSV has the best gameplay in the series, and MGR has the best characters and story.
>>
>>333139785

Since installing Infinite Heaven I avoid the multiplayer completely. FOB's are shithouse anyway and MGO is mediocre at best.
>>
File: GeorgePP.png (390 KB, 675x741) Image search: [Google]
GeorgePP.png
390 KB, 675x741
>>333142152
>MGR has the best characters
>>
>>333142132
>What happened?
MSF blew up.

And BB didn't want revenge on Zero, he wanted to stop him and keep him from controlling his life. That resulted in a war. But even if Zero and him didn't fight, BB would have generated wars regardless, that was his nature.
>>
>>333142326
You think he'd want to take out the dude who was fucking around and was the one who destroyed MSF. You'd think he'd want to be on the forefront of the wars his business was getting involved in and be on the front lines.

Sorry, but it doesn't make much sense that he'd just want to hide out and let someone else do everything.
>>
>>333135521
>THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF YOU COULD KILL THE NIGGER CHILDREN
Yeah, it would have been better if you could rape Quiet and fulfill the gay Ocelot/Snake fantasy everyone has.
>>
>>333141326
I think at this point, BB was more interested in his whole Zanzibarland Operations since he trusted the medic to finish his business what with him being such a skilled MSF operative who's exploits we never heard of until the rehashed tutorial. Besides, revenge against Skullface was Venom's fight since he couldn't save the team mascot while Big Boss still had to lay the foundations to destroy the Patriots. The fact I have to jump to all these conclusions is still fucking stupid.
>>
>>333133805
But in mgsv you are the real bigboss who think he's imposter of himself because of brain damage
You are Snake who made the lie about yourself to excuse your war crimes
>>
>>333142412
>You think he'd want to take out the dude who was fucking around and was the one who destroyed MSF. You'd think he'd want to be on the forefront of the wars his business was getting involved in and be on the front lines.

Was he out in the middle of Cipher conflicts and hunting down Zero to punch him in the face during PW? No, he was hiding out and hopping around on military contract dime and then beating up a bunch of rag tag soldiers on the beach. He ran away from Zero, hid from him, and did everything he could to keep a distance. Cipher and Zero were the ones that hunted him and placed Miller and Paz within MSF.

He hated Zero, but MSF didn't activity hunt Zero until their lives depended on it. And even then, Miller was the one who pushed it. In GZ, Miller is the one with all the animosity towards Zero and pushing BB to fight and get Paz back.
>>
>>333140776
Good point. I can't see Ocelot liking MSF after shitting all over PMCs and the war economy, and BB acting like a baby and running away from fighting Cipher basically caused it. And Kaz was working with Cipher rather than against them at the time and Big Boss ended up playing right into their hand, which wouldn't have happened with Ocelot for obvious reasons. I'm glad we got those tapes explaining Ocelot's side of things at least.
>>
I'm disappointed that I didn't get any sniper wolf backstory.
>>
>The twist is that you feel your own Phantom Pain from the game not being what you expected
>It's just like the twist in MGS2

But it's still shitty because unlike in MGS2, that's it, that's what the whole game's plot revolves around.
MGS2 also questions the perception of reality, censorship & control of information, what we leave behind is more than genes etc, alongside the nature of sequels & fan expectations

What else does MGSV have to do with? Fucking nothing, besides The Truth the game is almost completely self-contained and provides commentary for nothing. The morality of using child soldiers for your own gain? It's bad, Venom won't do it. Becoming a Demon? Venom is 100% of the time clearly a good guy and does nothing anyone would consider evil.

Fuck this game, I hate it and fuck Kojima for hyping me up so much. His next game better fucking amaze because otherwise he's a hack.
>>
File: Standing-on-the-crater-of-013.jpg (48 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Standing-on-the-crater-of-013.jpg
48 KB, 620x372
STANDING ON THE EDGE OF THE CRATER
>>
>>333143069
The funny thing is, Kaz thought he was playing Big Boss and Zero at the same time. How long did he think he was going to get away with playing both sides like that?
Kaz is such an idiot.
>>
Bad pacing; sparse character moments, which are all mostly separate from game play; missions are repetitive.
>>
>>333143320
I feel bad for him, he fucked up messing with Cipher and paid for it for the rest of his life. Letting Paz in was the worst thing he could have done. Though I guess it's kind of funny the second Ocelot shows up its basically game over for Kaz compared to when he was screwing with Zero or Big Boss.
>>
>>333143543
It's funny because he spends all of MGSV bitching about it when he did it to himself. It's like standing in front of a oncoming train thinking you won't get hit, and when once you do you complain about "WHY DID I GET HIT, I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT?"
>>
>>333133520
Nothing, why ?
>>
>>333143775
Yeah I remember reading an interview talking about how Kaz feels responsible for what happened and him being scared of Ocelot hanging around. He brought it on himself and by extension Big Boss, unfortunately. Keeping him out of the Venom loop was cold as hell but I can understand why.
>>
>>333133520
The themes are great. The story itself is shit since it relies 100% on an omnipotent plot device / macguffin (Psycho Mantis) that just happened to be at the right place at the right time. That's writing 101 on things that you should never ever write into a story. Psycho Mantis might as well have been the will of God or whatever
>>
File: 1458521893026.jpg (49 KB, 404x446) Image search: [Google]
1458521893026.jpg
49 KB, 404x446
>>333133805
The twist was far too obvious to be good.

If its obvious its bad writing, FACT
>>
>>333133520
>Huey is tortured because his wife committed suicide
>>
File: 1458204758516.jpg (32 KB, 358x511) Image search: [Google]
1458204758516.jpg
32 KB, 358x511
>>333145493
Anon...
>>
>>333145563
>he thinks huey did something wrong
topkek
>>
>>333145563
It was never clear what happened in that scene, i dont even know why it was written, feels like forcinga bad picture of Huey, so you dislike him
>>
>>333145563
You believe him, don't you, Snake?
>>
File: 1458652952987.jpg (38 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1458652952987.jpg
38 KB, 403x403
>>333145756
Yeah, screams "LET ME OUT" on the tape are so unclear.
>>
>>333134181
>2nd half of the game

I love this meme! Did you even play it? The act two stuff will take you at most six hours to breeze through if you aren't a complete shitter. Act one took me fifty-something. That's hardly half of the game, don't be retarded.
>>
File: 1456135039062.jpg (1 MB, 906x1400) Image search: [Google]
1456135039062.jpg
1 MB, 906x1400
>>333145493
>>333145563
>>333145857
>>333145871
>think Cipher/Zero are going to be the main antagonists
>Huey was the real villain all along

>>333145756
>DAMN IT HUEY! OPEN IT NOW!
>unclear
>>
>>333145871
>>333145997
post proof that Huey could hear her scream.
protip: you can't
for all we know he was in a different area entirely when it happened
>>
>>333142251
Drake?
>>
File: 1458634774991.png (56 KB, 742x770) Image search: [Google]
1458634774991.png
56 KB, 742x770
>>333146060
>>
>>333145997>>333145871
>Huey was present
He said he found her body. Nothing more is known
>>
>>333146114
>namefags in charge of a trial
I bet you think OJ did it as well
>>
>>333139768
>not ghosting
just git good
>>
>>333133520
The villain is wearing a goddamn lone ranger mask.

Imagine if Marlon Brando was wearing googly eye glasses in The Godfather

It doesn't matter how good the writing is, a design choice that ridiculous destroys a story's impact. And MGSV's writing is not remotely as good as The Godfather's. There's some interesting ideas with potential, and the story does have its moments.. but mostly it feels eye rollingly contrived (beyond even MGS standards), poorly paced and, yes, rushed.
>>
>>333139825
that's literally the point. You're supposed to realise that big boss is just a man who's elevated by his legend, but in reality anybody can be him in the right circumstances.
>>
Why people always saying that Chico raped Paz? Tape interrupts and then Chico is spilling all the beans. He`s clearly gave up the info to save her from humiliation.
>>
>>333146238
The mask is fine so long as the game is self-aware of how dumb it is, which MGS never had a problem with until V. Now that it's posing as a serious game but with masked villains and a bikini sniper girl kept in a cage, it falls apart and feels embarrassingly shit.
>>
fucking CASETTE TAPES holding all the dialogue and exposition of the game. It was annoying as shit and unacceptable in peace walker, even fucking moreso here, there is no excuse for it, not a single one at all.

also a huge majority of missions are "go here, avoid/execute skulls, leave here"
>>
>>333146320
Yes even a clone with inferior recessive genes can overcome a guy with suprerior dominant genes.

Hey, if you think about it, Solid lost to Liquid, Liquid was killed by a virus
>>
>>333142009
he literally died of disappointment
>>
>>333146542
No he didnt lose, it's about meeting the definition of a true soldier, like The Boss told us. Liquid failed that
>>
>>333134723
Oh god you know nothing about good story writing at all, do you?

Foreshadowing is a good thing.
>>
>>333146403
You mean to stop, it already started. There is sound evidence of this. If you want i''ll upload all PW and GZ tapes
>>
>>333146663
>foreshadowing with the same vocie actor 10 minutes into the game
Suuuuurre, excellent writing i had so much fun and was so shoked to find out, there is two Big Boss!
>>
>>333142834
Ultimately, Metal Gear is the story of a man being stalked to death by his crazy, obsessive ex.
>>
>>333147182
>fight club is so bad! You could see that the main character is just hallucinating Tyler Durden from the very start!
>>
>>333146095
LOOKING FOR REVEEEAAANGEANCE
ALL 2016
>>
>>333133520
Nope skull face and the US government are the bad guys.
Big boss is just doing what needs to be done. Venom would realize that if he just took a second and thought about it.

Since Ocelot and Miller are going to have their hands busy training the sons of big boss and plotting to kill each other.
>>
>>333135215
Venom was all for arming those kids and sending them back out into the battlefield after some actual training.

It was Kaz that had to step in and let everyone know how fucked up of an idea that was.
>>
>>333148170
Skull Face is unquestionably the hero, the end game of his plan is to stop the world from being homogenised by The Patriots and to bring an end to all war, he wants Nuclear deterrence and an equal diplomatic playing field for every last country in the world.
>>
>>333147996
People knew from GZ that you arent BB, though, thats even worse.

Its shit.
>>
>>333148575
people """knew""" that quite would be chico as well. And that You're actually playing Grey Fox / Zero / Decoy Octopus or Solid Snake (what ever shitty theory you prefer) in this game.

Your Point?
>>
>>333149341
*Quiet
>>
>>333149341
>quite would be chico

that's the most retarded fanfiction I've ever heard and has nothing to do with the strong indications that you were not BB.
>>
>>333133520
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>333136613
Dumb purist fuck
>>
File: 1400326321904.jpg (9 KB, 208x242) Image search: [Google]
1400326321904.jpg
9 KB, 208x242
I'm mostly mad about how the Huey storyline seemed to be much better written than the rest of the game.

Huey betraying the Diamond Dogs and the mental gymnastics he goes through to justify that was absolutely fantastic, especially his actor's pleading and agonisingly annoying voice.

Also we live and die by your order, Boss!
>>
>>333149514
the evidence for this was outstanding if you were really following it.

and furthermore, the actual game even mentions people, like quiet, who host the vocal chore parasites, being able to switch gender.
>>
File: 1410036128697.jpg (99 KB, 998x642) Image search: [Google]
1410036128697.jpg
99 KB, 998x642
>>333138321
That's the main theme of the series.

Big Boss, Zero and Skull Face all fuck it up by assuming various forms of war are what the Boss wanted. Solid is the only one who realizes (without having ever met the Boss and almost certainly believing her to be a defector who tried to betray the United States) the Boss' Will - to let the world be.

Big Boss wanted a world that needed soldiers, Zero wanted a world that was controlled, and Skull Face wanted a world that was one. The Boss wanted a world at peace.

That's why she's a true patriot.
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.