[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Rocket League?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (133 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
133 KB, 460x215
What does /v/ think of Rocket League?
>>
It got boring. They need something to freshen it up.
>>
Haven't played it, but it must still be pretty popular if it's in the top 10 best selling games on Steam even after all this time has passed.
>>
>>333132927
Hoops comes out this month. I know what you mean though, after you start to hit your skill plateau the games start to be almost identical to one another. There has been a lot of talk in the community recently about how SARPBC had more map diversity. The Devs seem pretty keen to keep it pretty simple in the way of map design for now though.
>>
It is a stinky pile of shit I don't wanna play again I always win and I always end up winning but if I lose I am mad
>>
>>333133653
you're salty cause your friend keeps beating you
>>
>>333133698
No I'm not you fucking faggot
I always win I am mad when lost
>>
Best multiplayer title in a long ass time.
>>
>>333133764
>>333133653
>I always win
>I am best player
>Other player sucks
>Russia is best country
>FUcking faggots L2P
You guys are toxic cancer for all game communities
>>
best game of 2015 by far
>>
would be a great game if the matchmaking wasn't so fucking terrible
>>
File: 1459706681972.jpg (411 KB, 774x690) Image search: [Google]
1459706681972.jpg
411 KB, 774x690
>>333132804
It's great with friends but 4v4s are a fucking cluster fuck and no fun because you usually have 1, if not 2 people playing goalie.

>>333133653
>I need to win at multiplayer games 10000% of the time
>I lost at this one once and threw a tantrum

Jesus christ, please don't play it again. RL really doesn't need faggots like you playing it.
>>
>>333134486
>RL really doesn't need faggots like you playing it
Faggots are what the community is made of
>>
a balanced and fun competitive game that rewards practice and teamwork. no performance issues. sane dlc plan.

people from /v/ love to complain since they're garbage players stuck in low brackets with the other garbage though
>>
>>333134726
>stuck in low brackets
it doesn't get better. sorry.
>>
>>333134823
Well if you suck dick and are garbage then you will be stuck in the sickdickgarbage brackets. Just like any game
>>
>>333134726
the ranked system is shit though, it depends too much in your previous season ranking and it doesn't have a limit, the most extreme cases I can remember are fyshokid, he played his 10 placements games in solo standard and standard and he is top 3 and top 2 respectively hasn't played another game since then, even markydooda at the top of the 1v1 leaderboard has only played 25 1v1 games... I know these people are good but they shouldn't have it so easy imo, same with a bunch of other people who probably got champion/super/grand champion this way and then quit playing to not lose the rank
>>
>one day win every game
>next day lose every game
Everytime. Could swear matchmaking is fucking rigged.
>>
>>333135809
>>333136064
The matchmaking is admittedly not the best. It does a pretty good job to a point, in that it won't match nubs with pros. The new season really didn't do anything but change how you advance in rank and what they are called. Everyone pretty much retained their rank relative to the system in the season change.
Kronovi has talked a lot about how he doesn't hardly play ranked anymore because since he is #1 he has nowhere to go but down.
It could be improved, I just don't know how, and apparently neither do the Devs. It's a hard thing to balance IMO
>>
>>333134823
>>333135809
it's a skill based activity that requires hours of dedicated practice to see improvement. just like anything else that requires skill unless you're just born a prodigy.

rocket league matchmaking currently does its job in ranking players based on skill. fyshokid and markydooda both have thousands of hours in rocket league or sarpbc. it's just a fact that you, someone who hasn't put in the hours, aren't as highly ranked or on the same rank progression.

it's a fair system. and like everything else in life you specialize and accept that you can't be the best in everything. put in the hours or don't.
>>
>>333136913
Why does it matter if they put thousand of hours in the previous game, how is that relevant to anything?

Even in league of legends the highest you can get ranked after your 10 placement games if you win them all is platinum I, it doesn't matter if you were top 1, 2 or 50 in the leaderboards in the previous season

What happened with Fyshokid was that he used his thousand hours advantage in the pre-season and early season 1 when everyone that didn't play SARPBC was shit and then quit the game for like 4 months, he returns and wins like 6/10 his placements game and is put in the top 3 in 2 playlists how the fuck is that fair dude?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.