[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Ninja Theory will redeem themselves with Hellblade?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: Hellblade_Wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hellblade_Wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Do you think Ninja Theory will redeem themselves with Hellblade?
>>
File: hellblade.png (239 KB, 1445x575) Image search: [Google]
hellblade.png
239 KB, 1445x575
Looks great
>>
>>333111057

Isn't it some kind of mobile trash? Mobile trash cannot redeem a former AAA developer.
>>
>>333111057
I don't think so, the story's concept sounds pretentious as hell, and although it has been some time since they showed gameplay footage, from what they did showcase, the combat looks stiff and sluggish. It's like they learned nothing from Itsuno when he was schooling them on how to make good combat.
>>
>>333111057
Who cares? Ninja Theory has such a negative reputation that I am not going to touch it.

I wonder what shitty strawman they will use to try and explain away the horrible sales (DmC they used the "white hair" bullshit. With Enslaved, they blamed the DMC fanbase for sabotaging the reviews and spreading "lies" about Enslaved as payback for DmC".
>>
File: JUSTblade.jpg (30 KB, 493x532) Image search: [Google]
JUSTblade.jpg
30 KB, 493x532
>>333111343

>>333112242
Unless they improve/re-work the combat to make it not shit I may or may not play the game. Eh, the story looks okay-ish. It may be a cringefest though.
>>
File: 3H0CCjl.png (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3H0CCjl.png
23 KB, 400x400
>>333111343
Did they seriously say she looks better now because she looked too video gamey before? What the fuck kind of argument is that?
>>
>>333112587
It doesn't look like a real person!
>>
>>333112242
Watch the dev dairies. they're redoing combat and looks, m8
>>
>>333111057
redeem from what? If you're talking about DMC, blame it on Capcom for doing a reboot and hiring another dev to do it.
>>
>>333114738
And yet it will still be trash. Ninja Theory has a track record of putting out 100% shit, while exclaiming how great it is while it's in development. They are literally following the same process they have for all their previous releases.
>>
Half the videos I've seen is them masturbating about the tech they're using, how cheaply they are trying to make it, and how it "tackles mind health issues".

The one time I saw a reference to gameplay, it was "You have 2 basic attacks".

They don't give a shit about making a fun game, they are too busy making "art".
>>
I hadn't heard anything about this till now. I'll be sure to laugh as it burns, and furthers the shit chasm that ninja theory is already in.
>>
>>333114738
>they're redoing combat and looks, m8

which means fuck all if their retooling the combat from DmC to DmC:DE was any indication

>>333114895
blame the shitty dev they picked. The God of War studio would of been a better choice
>>
File: capcom and nt.png (61 KB, 701x909) Image search: [Google]
capcom and nt.png
61 KB, 701x909
>>
>>333115396
They are going completely independent for it, I think. If it fails, they will probably just close shop unless a publisher hires them.
>>
>>333111343

Haha oh god, western developers really are deliberately making ugly characters now.
>>
Is tamaymay involved? If so expect cold steel tier edginess
>>
>>333115484
As much of a piece of shit as GoW is, probably this. At least they seem to try to make something entertaining.
>>
>>333114957
Really? Not once have I heard them saying how great a game is while in development. more like since they every game after Heavenly Sword, it's been "we have a small budget so let's make some creative ideas on making this game." It's looks good so far. Just hoping they improve the combat this time.
>>
Requesting the Tameem badass delinquent image.
>>
>>333111057
They always did good in visual department, let's see how it will play, thats where they never get really good at. Only game that was at least enjoyable was Enslaved.
>>
>>333115539
then explain heavenly sword, bro.
>>
>>333115698
They have done it for all their games, just take a look at DmC and Enslaved. They kept jerking each other about how amazing those games were during development. They kept beating their dead horses, long after the internet forgot about them
>>
File: cromartie2.gif (667 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
cromartie2.gif
667 KB, 350x263
>>
>>333111057
They have to make a good game, followed by a bad game to be redeemed by another good one. Niggas haven't even hit step 1.

If it turns out good, it'd still be considered a fluke.
>>
>>333111057
ninja theory has ALWAYS been shit
>>
>>333116072
>They kept jerking each other about how amazing those games were during development.

hell, one of the diaries were talking about how DmC is Shakespearean
>>
>>333111343
I disagree witht hat faggot. She looked like a real person the first time around. her redesign looks like somebody dicking around with the mouth settings on a character creator.
>>
File: trip.jpg (544 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
trip.jpg
544 KB, 1920x1080
I liked Enslaved, Heavenly Sword was decent and DmC had some okay stuff.

Sure why not.
>>
>>333116072
Ok then. Well so far I can say from these blogs, looks like different people came and go in Ninja Theory.
>>
>>333115590
nice meme
>>
>>333111343
>Games
>realism
>unironically find uglier people more attractive, "real," and "human"

What sort of backwards as fuck time period am i even living in?
>>
>>333111057
Redeem would imply that at some point they made something good or worthwhile and then lost their way , that is not the case with these hacks.
>>
File: 1392191819660.jpg (18 KB, 341x339) Image search: [Google]
1392191819660.jpg
18 KB, 341x339
>ninja theory
>ever doing anything right
>>
>>333111057
Should've just called it Edgeblade. I guarentee it has some tacked on sjw teir story that nets it 20 more points on metacritic and boosts it to potential goty status bullshit
>>
>>333111057
>self-funded AAA independent game

Well at least no publisher was retarded enough to hire them after the disaster PR they did with DmC as well as just the horrible direction they went with the reboot.
>>
>>333117860
Attackers sack her village and she's losing her mind in the aftermath as the only survivor or something.
>>
>>333118089
Sounds like some bs where youre supposed to believe the character is vulnerable even tho you probably kill +50 people in the first level.

Also it looks like it takes place in a medieval-esque universe. Niggas back then didnt bat an eye at killing and bloodshed.

Itll still get 100 goty awards like tomb raider tho
>>
File: 1455245678300.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1455245678300.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>333111057
If the game is anything other than Heavenly Sword: Prozac Edition, I will be surprised.
>>
>>333118532
No idea. The only thing I can gather from shit I've seen is they seem to be centered more on one on one fights and I believe it has to do with Celtic Mythology or something.

The trailers don't tell you much about the game, just about how great they are for making an independent AAA game.
>>
>>333114738
Guy whom you replied here. Great that they're redoing the combat, but until they show the reworked combat, I stand my ground on my original thoughts about the game.

And another thing I wanted to add to my original post that I ended up forgetting, was that I thought it was really retarded of them when they kept saying how Hell Blade was a AAA indie game when they started the dev diaries, as in, indie budget, but AAA quality. I honestly think that's a retarded train of thought because AAA isn't a quality standard, and there are tons of shitty AAA games, and serves to show just how misguided they are. It's like they think that if a game isn't AAA, it isn't good enough, or can't be just as good.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.