[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth is to buy a new 3ds xl? or just a 2ds. I want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 3ds-top.png (199 KB, 441x407) Image search: [Google]
3ds-top.png
199 KB, 441x407
Is it worth is to buy a new 3ds xl? or just a 2ds. I want to play smash bros, fire emblem, and pokemon
>>
>>333109439

If that's all you're interested in, just get a 2DS.

If you're looking to actually play the system in public though, get a 3DS or XL because a 2DS is embarrassing to be seen with.
>>
>>333110312
you look ridiculous playing any kind of portable console in public

>>333109439
get a 2ds and be happy
>>
Go to thrift shops and look for a New 3DS XL (if you can only see the outside, make sure the game slot is on the bottom). They often mistake N3DSXLs for regular 3DSXLs, so you can get them for up to $100 cheaper than normal.
>>
>>333110312
Not op but what's embarrassing about the 2DS?
>>
>>333110830
It looks like it was something designed for trainables.
>>
I don't really think there will be another N3DS exclusive, so if price and comfort are what you're looking for then go 2DS.

I was suprised how comfy it was to hold when I tried my friend's.
>>
2DS if you're a cheap fuck like me and/or have gorilla sized hands. 3DS if you don't want to jab your palms all day.
>>
>>333109439
the 2ds and regular ds just has such a shitty small screen, so you have to hold it extra close to your face.

plus with the new 3ds youll have faster load times and the addtional buttons for the small number of games that support them.

get the new 3ds
>>
Can you even play Smash with 2DS?
>>
>>333111472
Honestly I don't thinkSMash is playable on the 3ds to begin with.

The one game I regret buying, simply becase it doesn't feel comfortable to play.
>>
If that's all, just get a 2DS.

The New/NXL is only worth it if you want it for Monster Hunter and SNES VC games.
>>
>>333111472
Yeah, you can. Playing it on N3DS shortens the loading times and adds native Amiibo support, but otherwise, it plays on the 2DS just fine.
>>
if you homebrew it, you can do all sorts of neat shit with a new xl
but if you don't care about that, get a regular
dont get a 2ds unless you are extremely low on cash
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.