[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom 4 Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: meme 4.jpg (252 KB, 944x531) Image search: [Google]
meme 4.jpg
252 KB, 944x531
Okay so we know that multiplayer is shit from the footage.
But memeing aside do you think singleplayer will be shit too? Also I'm an amateur Doom modder do you reckon they will ever give us a proper sdk and the snapmap is just for normies or what?
>>
It's probably going to be another boring, lifeless shooter with the same predictable, shitty features that all shooters nowdays come with.
>>
>>333106987
I get that feeling.
Last game I bought was Squad I don't wanna buy anything else till autumn.
(Squad is bretty gud btw but it needs more content. So I need something to tide me over)
>>
>>333107348
I bought Division and was enjoying Diablo as a shooter until I realized it had effectively no content for the endgame, that and it just lacked a lot of other things.

I guess the rest of the game will come out soon enough.

Squad looks like a lot of fun.
>>
Just watch the footage...

Its already better than Doom3
>>
it cant be too scary for feminists and normies
>>
>>333105021
the last sp game id put out was 4 years ago and that was rage, which was not very good

this game clearly, and ironically, went through several stages development hell

there is literally no reason to think the sp will be good at all
>>
File: current year 1.gif (1 MB, 264x263) Image search: [Google]
current year 1.gif
1 MB, 264x263
>>333107529
It's great senpai. got about 5 maps, full loadouts ak's, m16 with variations, couple of snipers, rpg's all the standard shit. Could use a few more weapons and it need larger maps with vehicles but it still plays better than anyhing tactical has I've tried.
>>333107591
Normies will preorder this shit, feminists are busy jilling off to harry potter r34 or whatever.
I can't remember the last big release that was good. it sucks.
>>
File: barneyfagapproved.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
barneyfagapproved.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>333110186
>I got gud at a game available in Beta for 3 days made for casuals
Ok
>>
As someone who actually played the closed beta on a friends Xbox One I'd say it was enjoyable. No, it didn't feel as fast as Doom 1 and the announcer and armor felt like a copy past from halo. However, the elevated movement speed and pacing felt fun and the maps with the moving capture point seemed unique and overall it was fun. I like the demons, I like the guns, I like the blood, and the multiplayer set itself apart enough to feel like something different. Day 1 buy for me m8s
>>
>>333110737
?
>>
>Call of Doom; what a pile of shit (so far)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_LPEm0gtc

Agree? Disagree?
>>
Is singleplayer going to be, shit?
Dude, the fucking multiplayer looks 1000x better than solo. Singleplayer looks like a clunky BnB shooter without the military guns and brown people.

>>333112463
>Day 1 buy for me m8s
>$0.05 has been added to your account
>>
>>333112991
I fucking hate WaB for the Ubisoft shill he is, but a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>333110186
>more than half your kills were as a demon
>>
>>333113342
(assuming you're referring to FCPrimal)
I thought his reasons for liking Far Cry Primal were reasonable and thought out, and despite thumbing it up he did criticise it a lot in his review. Anyone that watched it that wouldn't have liked it could have got that from what he said about it.

I didn't play FC4 though so maybe I'd have had a different take on the game if I had.
>>
>>333105021
Absolutely; it's being built around the same dogshit mechanics as the multiplayer, so expecting anything other than boring trash is obviously wrong.
>>
>>333105021
>>333106987
>>333107348
Nah.

Only multiplayer plays like halo, there's a chance SP is gonna be good.
>>
>>333116720
Proof

http://www.certainaffinity.com/news/id-software-has-teamed-up-with-certain-affinity-to-develop-the-multiplayer-part-of-doom/

>Developer id Software has teamed up with Certain Affinity to develop the multiplayer part of Doom.
>It is not the first time Certain Affinity has partnered with a well-known studio to work exclusively on the multiplayer segment of a game
>The studio has contributed to the multiplayer development of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Halo 4, amongst others.
>>
File: Cacodemonette.png (32 KB, 253x260) Image search: [Google]
Cacodemonette.png
32 KB, 253x260
>>333105021
Would you a Cacodemonette?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.