[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When given a choice, do you prefer Controller or Keyboard/Mouse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: kbcont.jpg (147 KB, 780x600) Image search: [Google]
kbcont.jpg
147 KB, 780x600
When given a choice, do you prefer Controller or Keyboard/Mouse?
>>
File: 1459367684110.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459367684110.jpg
502 KB, 1920x1080
Controller for some 3rd person Hack n Slash games
Keyboard + mouse for everything else.
>>
>>333104059
Depends of the game, even tough I suck at M+KB I understand the pros of playing with it.
>>
>>333104059
Why does she always look clueless
>>
>>333104059
Keyboard for everything except for games that have shit keyboard controls, such as Dark Souls.
>>
the only time i used a controller was because dark souls 2 KBM was so fucking shit that i was forced to use it

i played dark souls 1 just fine for hundreds of hours on kbm, mouse fix + rebindable keys made the game quite nice to play
>>
>>333104059
>single player
Controller
>multi
M+KB
>>
Keys and mouse for FPS or RTS games. For pretty much any action game I use an XBox 360 controller, especially if it had a console release and was designed with those controls in mind.
>>
Depends on the game. RTS, FPS and pretty much anything that requires precision play better with a keyboard. Everything else like racers and platformers - controller.
>>
>>333104453
braindead
>>
Controller. Can't get comfy hunched over a desk fighting carpal tunnel syndrome.
>>
I don't play myself but driving games must be better with a controller because of the sticks
>>
Controller for everything except RTS. I don't play shooters online. Something about using a mouse for long periods of time makes my hand hurt.
>>
>>333104059
Depends on whether or no the game was designed for a controller or if it requires precision aiming.
>>
KBM for everything, fighting games, racing games, you name it
>>
70% keyboard/mouse
30% controller

Depends on how much I've been drinking.
>>
>>333105080
Driving games are better with a steering wheel
>>
I prefer controller for third person games and stick for fighters with keyboard+mouse for everything else.
>>
>>333105365
Not everyone has 200 dollars to spend on a steering wheel
>>
>>333105637
missing out on what makes racing games special

you can play any genre of games with a Kb+M, but racing is the only genre that just begs a Wheel.

Flight Sticks certainly fucked off and died.
>>
I want to hug_ Stephanie
>>
I guess it all comes down to if the "aiming" can be done with the mouse it's always better

Like directing a car doesn't work with a mouse so it has to be done with a keyboard which isn't very good at it because they're just buttons
>>
>>333105914
Mouse for steering is potentially good, as I have experienced playing euro truck simulator 2. The problem is that it seems almost nobody seems to want to do it.
>>
>>333106248
keyboard steering is surprisingly functional in ETS2
>>
>>333104059
Controller for everything except shootan and rts, and clickfest rpgs.
>>
>>333104059
Controller for action games or third person shooters, keyboard for RTS, FPS, and sometimes platformers.
>>
When do you think she'll delete her youtube channel? Sub and viewer count are low.
>>
>>333104059

Keyboard/Mouse
>>
File: Cosby.jpg (11 KB, 102x151) Image search: [Google]
Cosby.jpg
11 KB, 102x151
>>333104059
Mouse + Keyboard gives way more precision than controller.
>>
KB&M for most games.

Controller mostly for platformers and action games, action games depend if the KB&M controls are not total ass.

Also how the fuck do people play FF14 on controller? See so many people who use one, anytime I see a video of someone using a controller I want to puke.
>>
>>333104330
also racing games anon
>>
>>333107580
why do you think the majority of players cant play their classes right?
>>
>>333104059
If first person or mmo game keyboard and mouse. Rts too.

Everything else controller.
>>
a keyboard is for creating documents, not playing games
>>
>>333104059
Honestly guys, I would let the Joost have sex with me. To answer the question though, M+KB for most games, unless it has driving. Then I'll use a controller.
>>
preferring a controller these days but I use the keyboard for some old games.
>>
>>333104059
Vast majority of the time, M+KB.

My controller doesn't get much use. Pretty much only ever use it for Souls games or Assassins Creed.
>>
File: 1391934880900.gif (933 KB, 180x135) Image search: [Google]
1391934880900.gif
933 KB, 180x135
I'm not into competitive shooters or RTS's since I suck at them, so controller all the way. I'll break out the KB+M for single player FPS's that require precision (which are few and far between these days) and obviously point n click games, but that's about it. Also if you don't play driving games on a wheel with force feedback or flight sims on a flight stick you're missing out.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.