[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voice Chat in Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: voice_chat.jpg (33 KB, 382x324) Image search: [Google]
voice_chat.jpg
33 KB, 382x324
How do you feel about voice chat in games, /v/?

Especially team-based games.

Is it a must-have, even on PC games, or is it just a stopgap solution for people that can't type fast enough?
>>
The combination of speaking and hearing is always faster than the combination of typing and reading, not to mention reading takes visual focus away from the game itself.
>>
It's needed for games like CS:GO where call outs are very time sensitive
>>
Don't add it.
Voice chat has ruined many a good games before and you don't want to hear people speaking in 500 different languages.
It's useless basicly since people will not use it like it's ment to be used and will still stick to Skype, Teamspeak and so on.
>>
>>333100868
This makes me think. Let's go a little further.

How necessary is audio in games? Is it viable to have a game fully 'closed-captioned', where all audio cues are signaled on-screen through text?
>>
>>333101001
Then again you will end up muting just about everyone anyways and then tehres people with mics, people who shiztalk you and everyone else, flat out annoy you and so on.
We got text chat already, just type faster.

Voice chat is not, I repeat NEVER a good thing to add.
Look at just about any other FPS game or a FREE TO PLAY FPS game.
People will abuse it to hell and back and thne back to the deepest pits of hell ever.
Theres no point in it till humanity stops being a .
Besides being toxic over chat is easier to hide than chat logs.
>>
>>333101319
I played CSS all the time with no audio and did well, so I don't think that's necessary at all.

I set voice_enable 0 on all Valve games.
>>
Nothing is to be gained from them.

If you need voice chat use a program for it, not the in-game VC.
>>
>>333100389
Extreamly helpful in that its way faster then typing and when you stop to type your not controlling your guy. Still it leads to way more cancer.
>>
>>333101694
this

however if people keep talking a mute it is
funny how many people cannot self moderate
>>
File: Ce7YcvoW4AIapm_.png (283 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Ce7YcvoW4AIapm_.png
283 KB, 600x600
Foreigners or little kids
sometimes both

sticking with my discord buds

unless its proximity voice chat
>>
For competitive play, voice chat is a must. Having to temporarily stop moving or whatever is awful. For casual play, I usually have voicechat disabled so I don't have to listen to or individually mute people playing music through their mic, angry children/teenagers, or people bragging about how good they are.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.