[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people hate too hard on the Halo 4 campaign? The multiplayer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Do people hate too hard on the Halo 4 campaign?

The multiplayer was an attrocity on-level with the Rwandan genocide, but having recently replayed the campaign via the MCC I think it's pretty underrated.

The shooting is solid and fun, I'd argue it's some of the best shooting in the series, and the Covenant are more fun to fight than they are in Reach by a large margin. The Prometheans weren't great but you can see the well meant intentions, with the fact that they at least tried to make an entirely new enemy class.

The campaign itself is structured well, with nice open levels with several ways to traverse and some really neat set-pieces (Pelican, Mammoth, Starfox segment, Mantis on Infinity etc.) even though they miss the chance to have a boss fight with the Didact.

There's some nice adaptions from modern FPS games, with the player never having felt so immersed in the role of the Chief, with the visor, plodding of footsteps and first person animations (pressing buttons etc.).

I won't argue that the story is a mess, the idea of shoving EU lore into the plot and attempting to make it convoluted was just flat out stupid as a design decision and was pretty much missing the appeal of Halo campaigns as simplistic but fun space operas. The stuff between Chief and Cortana, especially the humanity aspect, was compelling and bordering on legitimate science fiction.

But as far as shooter campaigns go, it's pretty alright. Why does it get shat on so hard?
>>
>>333057996
because the story is retarded
>>
I hate the fact that the road to final boss was harder than the final boss himself.
I was playing on legendary alone and those protean/whatever monsters were so goddamn annoying and hard to kill, but i did kill them all and was expecting some kind of boss fight and it's just a fucking cutscene.
Hard to explain what it feels like, maybe like when you masturbate and you don't finish it off for some reason.
A terrible feeling of dissatisfaction.
>>
>>333058247
>literally "The Chosen One" cliche

and think that the writer of these games is getting paid
it is below fanfic tier
>>
>>333057996
It was equally dissatisfying as dead island and what they did with the forerunners after playing marathon was disappointing.
>>
>>333057996
>with the player never having felt so immersed in the role of the Chief, with the visor, plodding of footsteps and first person animations (pressing buttons etc.).
This is false. One of the key traits of Chief was that he never spoke during gameplay. Now he does, reminding you that you are not Chief.
>>
>Halo Died before you could ever experience it in its prime
>Bungie is now making 2 more sequela to fucking destiny instead

What a cold cruel world. MCC was so bad it made me return my first xbox system since the original. Xbox is literally finished.
>>
does it make sense to have conversations about fps games you play with a handheld controller

isnt that better suited for school lunchrooms or playgrounds
>>
>>333059118
>2 more sequels
3, actually. They signed on for 4 games, and only one has been finished.
It's why Marty sued them for being fired. He had already written, edited, and recorded the music for all four games.
>>
>>333059235
>It is utterly impossible to enjoy both PC shooters and console shooters
>It must be one or the other to fit with my autistic worldview
>>
>>333057996
For me it was the promethean enemies that ruined it. They were annoying and didn't have any variety.
Fuck Knights.
>>
>>333061062
Knights are a lot more fun to fight and are used sparingly in 5.
Soldiers are awful, though.
>>
>>333061291
Soldiers are just an annyoance, yeah. Especially in WZ when you sometimes just die from what is apparently their melee "attack".
>>
>>333061062
The knights actually did have a lot of variety in 4. They all just look the same, so you can't tell. They have ranks and everything.
>>
>>333063220
Fighting them is still the same. Shoot and them until you run out of ammo. Find more ammo and keep shooting. Rinse and repeat. Or give up and try to ignore them.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.