[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
25 years and they never made a bad game! How can others developers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5
File: blizzardanniversary-930x507.jpg (196 KB, 930x507) Image search: [Google]
blizzardanniversary-930x507.jpg
196 KB, 930x507
25 years and they never made a bad game!
How can others developers even compete?
>>
HotS is pretty bad dude
>>
>>333053849
Diablo 3 was shit at release, complete shit
>>
>>333053849
they recently released a patch for Diablo2
most other developers abandon their games after 12 months of superficial patch support.
>>
>>333054398
That patch IS superficial patch support. The last 'real' patch for D2 was in like 2007.
>>
>>333054398
>most other developers
Obsidian were the only aaa developers who pulled shit like that and just ended support for the unplayable games in my memory
>>
>>333054398
they're an heirloom company at this point.
all their games are becoming has been and on decade old engines.
>>
Hearthstone is pay 2 win garbage

HOTS is awful to play( strong healers do not belong in a league clone ), and the F2P mechanics behind it suck too.

Diablo 3 has shit writing and is now a mindless grindfest

Starcraft 2 killed starcraft

Overwatch takes the FPS out of FPS, it's a trainwreck of a game.

They haven't release a GOOD game since warcraft 3.
>>
File: cheww.gif (485 KB, 300x232) Image search: [Google]
cheww.gif
485 KB, 300x232
>>333054674
>takes the FPS out of FPS
>>
>>333053849
>25 years and they never made a bad game!

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>333054605
They still dominate whatever genre they're in.

Most popular MMO
Most popular RTS
Most popular ARPG
Most popular online card game
Their MOBA is growing fast as hell
>>
>>333054859
>you can casualize the fuck out of good games and sell them to scrubs

who would have thought

Blizz doesn't innovate and they don't create good games. They create skinner boxes and casual shit.
>>
>>333054674
I hit legend without paying a dime in Hearthsyone.

HotS is the most fun ASSFAGGOT I've played in ages (Diamond in League, but I'll admit my MMR isn't so great in Dota)

Diablo 3 is *definitely* shit.

I don't know enough about RTS to comment on SC2, let alone SC1.

All FPS are shit.
>>
>>333055070
no need to be embarassed about your mmr, we're all 2k here :^)
>>
>>333053849
I've never played any Starcraft game did they fuck up 2 yet?
>>
>>333055232
I just can't wrap my head around Dota. Probably too much League rotted my brain.
>>
>>333055070
>thinks all fps are shit
>plays hearth stone, LoL, Dota and HotS
Holy shit how can someone be so terrible at life
>>
>>333055232
I feel like I want to play DoTA again just to see how low I can get my rating without being apparent
>>
>>333055235

Mary Sue Kerrigan goes super saiyan
>>
File: 1458423679496.jpg (411 KB, 800x1153) Image search: [Google]
1458423679496.jpg
411 KB, 800x1153
>>333054941
>Dont innovate
Nigga, the biggest complaint about HotS tends to be that its so different from other MOBA and MOBAtards just want DOTA clones and get most mad when you cal them out for it.

SC2 is not a skinner box, nor is it casual. If anything the difficulty in getting into it is what's killing it.

The genre D3 is in, is meant to be a skinner box: thats the appeal.

Overwatch is hate is typically aimed at the none-FPS elements in an FPS game. So, doing something different.

I will give you that hearthstone didnt really try much new. But its a card game, what all can you do other than release expansions with new mechanics here and there.

A lot of blizz hate tends to be concerned with them trying new things in genres. Or sequels not being clones with better graphics.
>>
>>333055428
i know they mary sued her but i mean gameplay wise
>>
>>333055481

It's deathball vs deathball snorefest in the main game

They killed custom maps with a series of retarded decisions.
>>
File: El Blanco.jpg (248 KB, 1021x1294) Image search: [Google]
El Blanco.jpg
248 KB, 1021x1294
>WoW slowly dying from each expansion after WoTLK
>The fuckfests that were every Starcraft 2 release asides from Wings of Liberty (Which while still not as good as BW, wasn't as damning to the plot as Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void)
>Blizzard's attempt to cash in on the MOBA craze since they can't use the DOTA assets
>Diablo 3 in general
>Overwatch being an oversaturated/overcensored reskin of TF2 with an even worse artstyle
>Literally the only decent game they've put out since the Activision acquisition was Hearthstone (AKA Baby's First MtG)

Good joke friend
>>
>>333053971
RoS fixed it though.
>>
>>333055440
>that its so different from other MOBA

Exactly what I love about HotS. If I wanted to play League or Dota, I could just, play League or Dota.

Team exp, no shop, map objectives, and PERFECTLY SYMMETRICAL MAPS ON A HORIZONTAL PLANE (Fuck you league) keep me coming back.

None of this blue side has a 60% winrate bullshit.
>>
>>333055591
Funny, because I play custom maps all the time since they fixed the original shit browser.

Are you one of those fags who are still acting like its launch and refuses to even try it again?
>>
>>333055795
Is there still absolutely no reason to make more than one of each class?
>>
>>333055858

I'm not paying for the protoss expansion after a decade of awful games from blizzard.

Dota 2 has free custom maps if I want to play those kinds of games.
>>
>>333053849
I can't think of any other group of drones more blind then blizzdrones. In their eyes blizzard can literally do nothing wrong. Not current WoW, Not D3 release. Nothing.
>>
>>333055940
Of course. You can respec whenever you feel like it.
What is the appeal of not being able to respec anyway?
>>
>>333054941
post your SC2 GM account ;^)
>>
>>333056405
What?
>>
SC2
>>
>>333053849
But they haven't made a good game in 18 years.
>>
>>333056465
it's just a casual walk in the park for you, right?
>>
>>333056673
Are you implying I need some sort of max level / rated / ranked account to comment? It's a fucking boring game, why would I even be playing it?
>>
>>333054398
The patch did nothing but made the same game playable in newer platform.

When i hear patch, i expect gameplay fixes, nerfs or/and buffs.
>>
>>333053940
play abathur.vikings and murky90 percent of heroes are shit but hots has some pretty unique heroes with some mechanics id like to see in dota
>>
>>333054941
>Blizz doesn't innovate

They made WoW which was so revolutionary that it killed the MMO market.

They made Diablo which spawned countless ripoffs
>>
>>333056060
Sc2 custom maps are free. They made them free I think it was two, maybe three, years ago.
>>
So what makes D3 RoS bad conpared to D2?..

Is it just the lack of skill tree's and builds? Otherwise the game is almost the same as D2

I want to know why exactly I just started D2 and I'm loving it so far the atmosphere is goat
>>
>>333056751
you care enough to be in this thread :^)
>>
>>333057013
What does caring to have a discussion about the thread topic have one fucking bit to do with the fact that I don't play their shit game?
>>
Correction they never released a bad game
>>
>>333057078
Read the rules
>>
>>333057078
Because this is /v/, and the ultimate reasons one discusses anything are either to shill it to fuck or shitpost about it?
>>
>>333053849
They are really good at creating good franchises and then ruining them.
>>
>>333056902
>wow
>revolutionary
lmao
diablo was literally just your average rpg

The thing is that blizz takes old, stable things and gives it a spin, the problem is that spin is making them stupidly easy/simple for the average consumer.

Hearthstone is a shallow form of mtg
Overwatch is a shallow form of an already somewhat shallow tf2
wc was a shallow form of warhammer
sc was a shallow form of warhammer 40k
wow was a shallow form of the tons of mmorpgs at the time
>>
>>333057162
I see nothing in the rules regarding /v/ that indicates I need to have a ranked game account and be currently playing it in order to discuss that game.

I played it, it was shit, I stopped playing it.

Replace "SC2" with "Everything made by Blizzard since WC3 / D2 / Vanilla Wow.
>>
I could see HoTS closing down in the next 3-4 years.

The Casual ASSFAGGOTS genre is such a huge fad of a genre , fampai.
>>
>>333053849

But they did turn all their game bad.
Also made sure to never reinvest the gigantic profits they made.
Also missed out on capitilizing on anything stemming from Warcraft 3 editor, while gimping any future attempts of letting us have the same.
>>
Diablo 3 should have been released in another name.It's giving me Devil may Cry and Donte vibes
>>
>>333057294
This.
>>
>>333056983
It's a hard to describe feeling that the first two diablo games hit upon. It has elements of fear that the artwork, music, and atmosphere invoked; whereas D3 feels more vibrant and action oriented -- where your focus is on the abilities you're using over exploring the unknown. It's like the difference between Dante's Inferno and God of War.
>>
>>333054674
>Starcraft 2 killed starcraft
Lore-wise? Yeah, kinda. I do not agree with some of the arguments here, but there were a lot of stupid choices. LotV is probably the biggest offender.

Popularity wise? No.
SC was killed everywhere except Korea. And even in Korea it wasn't as big as it was later with SC2. Now the popularity has just switched to LoL. Bnet was dead and iCCup had like 1000 online on average. Other servers had even less.
>>
>>333057379
why are you so retarded? you really think diablo was some average RPG? underaged posters are not allowed on this site.
>>
>>333057937
>sc died everywhere
>sc2 even died in korea and got replaced by league when sc2 just wasn't cutting it
>but it didn't killed it guys
???
>>
>>333058238
t. blizzdrone
>>
File: 1451487350473.jpg (18 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
1451487350473.jpg
18 KB, 252x200
>no bad game
>everything past W3 was utter shit
>>
>>333057379
>diablo was literally just your average rpg

Diablo was the original roguelite/roguelikelike, it took elements from rogue like procedurally generated dungeons and loot to make a game. What did it do with those elements? Make a skinner box with fucking awful combat.

Roguelite cancer patient 0. Skinner box experiment #1. The source of all evil in video games, the lord of terror Diablo.
>>
>>333054398
What patch ? when ?
>>
>>333058502
Basically the only way they improved it (well, arguably) was to make it real time. Initially they planned to it to be turn based as well
>>
>>333057818
Oh I see.

Diablo 2 really set the mood

Diablo 3 was just more action packed nothing can kill you thing.

Yea agreed Diablo 2 actually feels like a threat and ominous.
>>
>>333057937
>Lore-wise?
>kinda

>Overmind was good all along even though Zeratul linked minds with it and said nothing about this
>Kerrigan wasn't evil, she was just possessed by Zergbits, even though she confirms she is in full control of her actions in Brood War
>Kerrigan is good guy who compromises her own plans to save lives, even though uninfested Kerrigan helped Mengsk murder billions of people with psi-amplifiers
>Kerrigan is no longer manipulative, just a generic villain with no stake in anything
>Raynor and Kerrigan's love story is the most important thing in whole universe, even though it was literally like three flirty banter pieces in the first game
>Tassadar is still alive or an illusion or something
>Zerg aren't worms from a volcanic planet, they are spiky things from a jungle planet and are obsessed with bettering themselves
>UED never returns despite still being interested in Koprulu sector
>Nova is squeezed in everywhere because fans sure loved her in that game that never came out
>Nobody is bad guy, they're all being manipulated by Amon
>Duran has Dragonball Z laser fight with Star Kerrigan
>ANCIENT EVIL PROPHECIES
>>
>>333057379
WoW was revolutionary enough to tailor the MMO genre to the American market and it was a huge success

>diablo was literally just your average rpg

DIablo was heavily inspired by RPG/Fantasy elements, but the gameplay aspect was the only one of its kind.

bait harder
>>
>>333057937
>>333058651
>Mengsk, one of the most devious and capable strategist in the galaxy becomes a cartoon villain equivalent of Robotnic in Sonic
>Raynor is a fucking prodigy steamrolling everything while coining some one-liners. One battlecruisers versus the entire kropulu sector
>Kerrigan, the most powerful force that has conquered the galaxy, decided to turn emo and withdraw her troops. Also lol we like Kerrigan let's make her important and not kill her away, we need a prophecy. Turns out she's not a villain she was controlled all along! We need her badly for commercial purposes guys c'mon
>Zeratul : I used to be a bad-ass assassin of ancient ways and tell others people what's it's about but now I talk in allegories and shit, and I have prophecies that make writers make shit up as they go in every expansions!
>Every villains looks weak, have no importance and just throw one-liners at you like a raid boss. Even Amon of all characters.
>Ok Overmind was a cool villain, but wait, he was controlled by an even bigger villain!
>Tassadar is alive, but they backpedal because of litterate people playing the game and complaining. So yeah it was a Xel'naga all along even if the dialogue in WOL clearly say it wasn't the case at all
>Golden Armada : lol let's fight it with Raynor just for fun, it's not like most of the protoss are dead from SC and BW. More dick-sucking feel-good dialogue for Raynor.
>Tal'darim : lol silly religious people let's kill them all and take their shit. Wait people reacted to that. Let's make it so they are controlled by an evil guy, say Narud in HOTS! Yeah so Narud sent you collect artefacts from the taldarim that were controlled by him. Fuck logic!
>Hey guys I'm stukov, remember the good games ?
>Duran : lol noone remembers him right ? Let's erase him from the games because I can't bother explaining who he was. So let's say he's someone else, then kill this guy, and never talk about him again or aknowledge him whatsoever.
>>
>>333058601
Just compatibility patch for newer versions of windows shit had hard time running on anything pass W7.
>>
>>333058651
>>333058769
So what was the hidden face dude even doing? I played nothing beyond the first game.
>>
>>333057818
True.

Diablo 3's aesthetics is like a Giant Disney/Universal Theme park.
Meanwhile even D2's brightest colored dungeons still had some element of suspense.
>>
>>333057818
>>333058918
I think the abstraction the awful sprite work provided helped. It let you imagine how horrible a lot of stuff looked because the sprites were just vague enough.

it also didn't have the godawful artstyle blizzard got after wow
>>
>>333054398
they knew they fucked the new game and they try to pander oldfag as beg for mercy.
>>
>>333058251
I don't think SC died in Korea because of SC2, but because of appearance of MOBAs. While Blizzard fucked everything up when it comes to internal korean leagues, it was still bigger for a while. Worldwide SC2 is in a better shape than in was in pre-beta iCCup days.
>>
>>333059294
> try to pander oldfag as beg for mercy.

Ummm no

Diablo 2 is still popular before the patch even hit.
>>
>>333055795
>RoS fixed it though.
It still has online singleplayer and doesn't have lan support because of that fucking god awful auction house. I doubt they can even fix that shit. I'm curious how much Diablo III's servers are costing Blizzard now that there's no RMAH to earn them money.
>>
>>333059542
>LAN support

it's 2016. blizzard doesn't do that for any games anymore.
>>
>>333058857
He's like some ancient super evil protoss xelnaga whatever faggot who wants to do bad-evil things to everyone cause he bad and evil also prophecy.
And his fucking name is Amon.
What kinda fucking retards name their main antagonist who's supposed to be some super-powerful ancient being Amon.
I can't get over how fucking stupid that sounds, shake my head to be honest family.
Fucking Amon.
>>
>>333059818
Would still be a nice feature for people with friends.
>>
>>333058651
>>Nova is squeezed in everywhere because fans sure loved her in that game that never came out

When Starcraft Ghost was cancelled, that's when I knew in my heart it was over for Blizzard.
>>
Blizzard in their prime were pretty untouchable desu
>>
>>333054674
>I suck at everything so the games must be bad!
>>
>>333060394
>Blizzard in their prime were pretty untouchable desu

Not when Age of Empires and Red Alert were smashing in the same era

:^)

Oh i miss the golden age of RTS
>>
>>333056808
>dota

fag
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.