[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that if you were born in 87-89, you're still part
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 18
File: My+first+fps_1f7edc_4266563.jpg (101 KB, 602x792) Image search: [Google]
My+first+fps_1f7edc_4266563.jpg
101 KB, 602x792
Reminder that if you were born in 87-89, you're still part of the "casual" generation who "grew up with Halo" and should stop whining about people 5 years younger than year.

What, do teen years not count as "growing up"? Is childhood all that matters in life? Are you telling me that Quake had a bigger impact on your generation when you were 7 years old, as opposed to Halo when you were 13?

In fact, there's a good chance you played Halo with your friends in middle/high on your 56k modem while skating, drinking Pepsi Blue, and listening to Avril lavigne.
>>
You made this post yesterday twice
>>
>Implying age has any importance whatsoever

Maybe to you sport, whatever justifies your life for another day.
>>
gud post lolzzzzx
>>
Blaming Halo became mainstream when Quake fags started realizing how irrelevant they were becoming

The true downfall wouldn't begin until Modern Warfare 2
>>
>>333056040
And Sony fans absolutely fucking frothing at the mouth because they kept being told Killzone/Resistance/Haze were good substitutes
>>
I was born in '87, my first vidya was Prince of Persia, I was also a fan of Lemmings. Then I got into Wolfenstein 3D. For multiplayer we had Streets of Rage 2, Mercs, General Chaos, where guess what, we would actually be in the same room. The takeaway here is that you're full of shit.
>>
File: babbysfirst.png (50 KB, 786x218) Image search: [Google]
babbysfirst.png
50 KB, 786x218
>>333053283
halo isn't even that bad desu senpai. the original trilogy anyway. h5 is the least arena based halo and is more tacticool
>>
File: 1458184616075.png (70 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1458184616075.png
70 KB, 550x550
What's wrong with liking Halo exactly? Halo was great.
>>
>>333056547
The beginning of the end
>>
>>333056654
The end of what?
>>
>>333053283
People can't exactly choose when they were born
>>
>>333055893
Spotted the 16 year old
>>
>>333053283
I was too poor to have Halo, an Xbox, friends, the internet, Pepsi, or Avril Lavigne.
>>
>>333056654
>People who didnt want to play Arena shooters playing a game was stopping you from playing Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 and letting devs know theres still an audience

You're retarded
>>
File: cs.jpg (43 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
43 KB, 620x349
>>333056654
tacticool shooters were the beginning of the end. arena shooters don't even exist anymore. halo 5 is literally a tactical shooter now
>>
>>333053283
There was never a downfall of FPS, just people stuck in their ways and with terribly narrow tastes.

I mean really, what makes Quake or DOOM better than Halo? They're just as repetitive as Combat Evolved, their AI is inferior, their multiplayer is more twitch-based (which can be measured as skill, but it does get old after a while), they lacked the fun vehicle physics which added a really nice element to Halo. They didn't quite have the interesting lore that Halo did which made Halo a bit more of an immersive story experience.

And overall they are just pretty different games. It's possible to like both.
>>
>>333053283
Actually, Super Mario 64 had a bigger effect than Halo did.
Being born in 87-89 means that they still fortunate enough to enjoy 2D games AND experience the revolutionary jump to 3D.
Halo was just praised for revolutionizing shooters by making them translate well on console - Something that had already been done before that point.
>>
>>333056654

That would be Goldeneye
>>
File: a (You) for you.jpg (15 KB, 234x230) Image search: [Google]
a (You) for you.jpg
15 KB, 234x230
>>333057471
>arena shooters don't even exist anymore
>Toxikk
>Reflex
>Xonotic
>Warsow
>Nexuiz
>New UT
>Quake Live

These games 'don't exist' because not many people play them, probably because they aren't very fun.
>>
>>333058348
with that logic you must think cod is amazing
>>
Who /bornin98/ here? Didn't play halo until around 2008, or any other fps until black ops in 2010. Never even knew quake or UT were things until recently
>>
>>333058841
>you think X isn't fun therefore you must love Y
Shit tier argumentative skills there m8.
>>
you seem pretty mad about people ever so slightly younger than you, yourself
>>
>>333059289
you're talking about population being compared to fun right? is cod not the most popular fps right now?
>>
Born in 96 and I'm probably more hardcore than most of /v/ lol.
>>
>>333053283
You act like everyone just got the new consoles and new games the month they came out. I was born in 86 and my first console was a NES. I got that in 91. Then I got an N64 in 1998 and PS2 in 2003. It wasn't until I finished school that I got systems the same year they came out.
>>
File: Untitled.png (118 KB, 403x254) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
118 KB, 403x254
>>333059594
ok whatever you say pal.
>>
>>333059493
Ok. Do you think popular games aren't fun for the people that play them? I'm sure a fuckton of people think cod is fun. That doesn't mean I think cod is good or fun.
>>
>>333060658
now you're literally changing your argument
>>
I find it incredibly sad that someone took time out of their day to post about things like this. Even if said person is trolling. To waste time and energy posting something in either an attempt to get a raise off of strangers or to genuinely express an opinion is just....sad.
>>
>>333060906
Ok let me make it perfectly clear then. 'Arena shooters don't exist' is a bullshit claim because they are still made and people still play them. I think that 'Arena shooters aren't popular' is a fair statement because, compared to other FPS games, very few people play arena shooters. I think that arena shooters aren't popular because not many people find them fun. That doesn't mean I think cod is fun or great. I've said nothing about my personal taste when it comes to FPS games, I've only made generalizations about the community at large.

I just think it's a bullshit assertion that somehow Halo or CS or cod 'killed muh arena shooters' because arena shooters still exist. No one game individually killed an entire genre. The entire market shifted. The audience of people playing FPS grew larger and changed and the number of people making FPS increased, adding variety to the pool of FPS games and making their games targeted towards the new larger market.
>>
People born before 1994ish are probably less than 10% of /v/ at this point, let alone people born in the 80s.
>>
>>333058030
Quake had better movement mechanics than any Halo or CoD game.
>>
>>333053283
>Reminder that if you were born in 87-89, you're still part of the "casual" generation
I think you mean the SUPERIOR generation Quake and DOOM were shit the only people who like those games are the ones who have Stockholm syndrome from not knowing anything else.
>>
HEY HEY
YOU YOU
>>
>>333062254
Ah yeah, that's true. I guess Halo is pure shit.
>>
>>333062254
Halo had better movement mechanics than any Quake DOOM or Cod game.
>>
>>333056547
>Halo was great.
It wasn't. Slow gameplay, bad levels (who thought copy pasting the same floor seven times was any fun) and Unreal did what was neat about it, but vastly better.

Its OST is pretty nice though, and it is a serviceable and convenient party game.
>>
>>333063248
>Slow gameplay
not really. I think you just need to git gud. if you think halo is slow wtf do you think of cs?
>>
>>333053283

89 reporting in. You are retarded.

The gaming landscape was much broader at the time because small-scale titles could share shelf space with AAA releases.

There were WAY more non-causual games during the PS2 era.

I know tons of other teens who played games without ever touching casual shit like sports games or shooters.
>>
File: suwa.png (332 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
suwa.png
332 KB, 800x800
>mfw I still haven't played Halo despite owning Xbox since day 1
>>
>>333056495
>that pic
Do you realize that the average arena shooter player back then was 16-25 while the average halo player was 7-14? There was a reason why everyone thought halo was for fucking kids anon.
>>
>>333063335
Since you ask, I think CS is terrible.

Despite that, it seems to have a decent strategical depth and a fairly high skill ceiling that comes from being able to use grenades in clever ways and being designed with mouse and keyboard in mind (meaning aiming is more skill intensive than Halo).

And yeah Halo is fucking slow with limited movement mechanics and I don't get how this even needs to be argued about.
>>
>>333063603
why? you're depriving yourself a part of gaming history.
>>
>>333063248
>Slow gameplay
Do you have ADHD?

>bad levels (who thought copy pasting the same floor seven times was any fun)
While this is certainly an issue for some levels it's not like games like Quake or DOOM are free from this issue.

>Unreal did what was neat about it, but vastly better
I don't recall Unreal having even nearly as interesting a lore and story or as good a main character as Halo.
>>
>>333062254
PC vs Console you stupid fag. One was made for PC the other one was made for consoles. This is why I keep accusing you PC fags of being angry Halo wasn't made for PC.
>>
>>333064131
>I don't recall Unreal having even nearly as interesting a lore and story or as good a main character as Halo.
Nevermind the rest of your shitpost, what is this stupid shit you're spouting.
>>
>>333063904
>being designed with mouse and keyboard in mind (meaning aiming is more skill intensive than Halo).
maybe that's true, except halo requires way more map movement than cs. cs might take aim, but halo requires constant map movement when fighting for control instead of taking bomb sites once each round
>>
>>333062950
i didn't say that.
>>
>>333058030
>AI is inferior
confirmed for retarded

>shit vehicles
>fun

>lacking any decent movement
>fun

>we aliens take weapon frum popcorn
>lore

It is possible to like both, but you'd be retarded for doing so.

It's not that it's different, it's that Halo was bad. Piss poor movement, piss poor weapons and weapon balance, poor gameplay design, bad AI, ran like shit, poor level design.
It was basically awful.
>>
Jokes on all of you. I've never played a single Halo game.
>>
>>333053283
Reminder that if you never played the original pong at the drug store with your friends using a custom knob made out of vintage Pepsi bottlecaps then youre still casual fucking trash that should kill themselves and not a REAL gamer go back to playing flappy bird
>>
>>333064315
but it's true no one could even tell you the name of the main character from unreal but everyone knows master chief
>>
>>333064315
Halo has a cooler premise and was one of its strong points as an FPS.

>>333064543
>grossly exaggerated generalization one after the other
I mean you can just say "I didn't play Halo" or "I am a biased faggot" and get it over with.
>>
>>333053283
>Making this thread several times every day
>With the same image and everything.
Wew lad.
>>
HEY! I filled out those serveys fair and square to receiving multiple cases of Pepsi Blue in the mail. Heck, I even sold them at school.
>>
>>333064927
>Halo has a cooler premise
I'm curious, have you actually played Unreal?
>>
>>333063603
So you're just stupid then?
>>
File: Damage control.jpg (338 KB, 450x3082) Image search: [Google]
Damage control.jpg
338 KB, 450x3082
>>333058841
>This tired ass damage control
>Getting told this fucking hard and exposed for being a poser that doesn't even know about modern arena shooters.
If anyone is a casual, it's all these edgy teenagers and manchildren pretending they know anything about 'hardcore' games and getting all elitist about shit they never even played and have no interest in playing; That weren't even that popular in their prime compared to other games because of high barriers to entry and repetitive gameplay that made them largely only enjoyable if you were in the upper percentile of player skill.
>>
>I mean you can just say "I didn't play Halo" or "I am a biased faggot" and get it over with.

>>333064927
Except neither of those two statements are true. You could have just not bothered posting your retarded bullshit.
>>
>>333065817
If they weren't true then how come you just dropped a bunch of nonsense exaggerated generalizations about the games that anyone who played them and has half a mind would think is bullshit?
>>
cs you take all day to decide when to retake a bomb site. halo you have seconds after a spawn to decide what to do with your team and how to take back map control. this happens constantly throughout a match like a game of tennis. cs is like...football
>>
>>333058348
>Five indie games, a turd of a game and an alpha that looks worse than its predecessors
Wow, sure showed us.

I think arena fps could make a comeback if a competent (at advertising) developer would make one.
>>
>>333053283
Eh, I was born on the very end of 86, and many of my friends were born in 87-89. I grew up with Thief 2 and System Shock 2 as did most of my friends.
>>
>>333063904
>>333063248

why the hell do you nerds keep thinking the game with the highest skill gap is the best? are you going to go pro and make a living off it? no?

then who gives a shit. you could be the best player online, it doesn't change your life in any way what so ever, besides the confidence boost I guess. but if you need a confidence boost for moving a mouse and keyboard around, you probably have enough problems.

games are supposed to be entertainment, fun, no matter how you try to do it. yes winning is fun but so is fucking around and playing games that dont require much skill.
>>
>>333066251
Oh neat, the ~fun~ argument.

Halo being a slow piece of shit makes it not fun.
>>
File: your_opinion.jpg (33 KB, 302x300) Image search: [Google]
your_opinion.jpg
33 KB, 302x300
>>333066446
>>
>>333066601
>Quality is subjective!
Like clockwork.
>>
>>333061940
this

if a certain genre of games draws people away from another genre, the new genre is more popular. doesn't make it better or worse, it is what it is, the people have spoken. there are still arena shooters, people just don't want to play them.

you can still play them, nobody is stopping you. arena shooters aren't as fun as the newer games.
>>
>>333053283
I'm 27 and I have never played Halo, CoD or any other dudebro trash
>>
>>333066446
>b...but muh arena shooters

butthurt teenager detected
>>
>>333066601
It's not even slow that makes it shit.

It's the level design. Shit's should be show as an example of ctrl+c/ctrl+v
>>
>>333066672
reminder that you're the minority here, it got great reviews and is popular for a reason

>BUT MUH CLASSIC ARENA SHOOTERS NOBODY PLAYS

kek, stuck in the past. you're worse than /tv/ film fags who think the black and white unknown arthouse films are better than the blockbusters
>>
File: 1459280085929.png (2 MB, 1206x1196) Image search: [Google]
1459280085929.png
2 MB, 1206x1196
>mfw 1990 fag and grew up on Quake instead

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
i was born in 86 and thought halo was shit

but then again i had a pc growing up so was playing counter strike
>>
>>333064543
everybody laugh, he's mad that Halo was the game of a generation but he was stuck playing old shit games

kek
>>
>>333066880
>ad populum
You're the gift that keeps on giving.

And an appeal to authority is even funnier when the critics are unqualified.

>you're worse than /tv/ film fags who think the black and white unknown arthouse films are better than the blockbusters
Good blockbusters are the exception and not the rule.
Hey! Just like AAA games.
>>
>>333063926
>>333065391
It's one of those franchises I just haven't really been interested in it.
>>
>>333053283
I played mostly Starsiege Tribes and Unreal Tournament growing up though, as far as FPS go. '88.
>>
>>333067247
>haha, it's only popular and highly rated, but that doesn't mean anything

yep, because you're the sole judge of quality in this world. another entitled teenager who thinks his opinion means anything.
>>
>>333067001
Same.

One advantage of having older siblings
>>
>>333067548
>ad hominem
Pretty good, at least you keep it varied.

>another entitled teenager
Man you really think you're getting to me by calling me a teenager.
>>
>>333053283
Halo was okay as a casual arena shooter. The campaign was too slow to be enjoyable, but multiplayer was pretty great.

I preferred Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 2, and 2142 and had a blast with those more than any arena shooter. Huge levels with a good mix of vast, open space and clusters of obstacles are great when tons of players are involved.

IMO, arena shooters are far too extreme by way of skill gap.
If you're new, you'll get fragged by the same guy repeatedly until the match ends, since they know the levels by heart and have mastered control of spawns / upgrades through days of practice. However, if the maps are larger and more players are involved, the pros can't easily maintain that control and you're afforded a chance to have some fun not being dead (for at least a few seconds between respawns). Add in factions and multiple objectives, and the pros have to rely on their teammates, which they also can't easily control (leading to humorous fits of rage and peaking mics).
>>
File: retarded faggot cat.jpg (45 KB, 638x480) Image search: [Google]
retarded faggot cat.jpg
45 KB, 638x480
>>333067247
>>333067734
>ad populum
>appeal to authority
>ad hominem
>bringing argumentation theory into a disagreement in opinion over taste
You're a fucking moron. The reply chain started at 'I thought Halo was good' and you're response was 'I thought Halo was bad'. There's no debate here idiot. You're a fucking idiot and you can't dismiss this as ad hominem because I'm not 'dismissing your argument' because there is no fucking goddamn argument you cum juggling aids infested swine.
>>
>>333063603
>buys an xbox
>doesn't play the only exclusive worth a damn on the xbox
>>
>>333067770
>IMO, arena shooters are far too extreme by way of skill gap.
If you're talking about duel or organized team modes yeah, but in DM while there will be a top dog running around and killing everyone, the other players can still have fun. In my opinion that, combined with weapon respawns, creates a pretty entertaining dynamic.
>>
>>333067734
glad to see you've strayed from pointing out facts related to the thread and are now just posting things related to me.

glad to see it's settled. I've won, you lost.

I will not be reading this thread, so please remember that I got the last word and won this internet argument, it will go on my wall. any replies will not be seen, but i'm sure you will still post for your own self-assurance.

kek
>>
Halo is the typical amerifat game. They think just because it was big there it's an instant classic and everyone in the world should play it. I played it and seriously, I don't see the appeal.
>>
Joke's on you: I was born in 1993 and I started with Half-Life.
>>
>>333068032
You're right: there's no debate because I'm the only in this reply chain who actually expanded upon my opinion.

The point where people start spouting stupid shit (>>333066251) is where there's no point taking them seriously anymore.

>>333068141
If you say so buddy. Take the win, you need it.
>>
>>333068161
That's good for you, envious Yuropoor.
>>
>>333068114
I can see that being kinda fun, but if the levels are small enough (and the characters mobile enough) that the top dog can skate around the arena and destroy everyone while denying spawns for the BFG he's using, it's really more of a gibfest for that one guy than a match.

That was pretty much my entire experience with Unreal 2K4 online, which marked the end of arena shooters for me.
>>
File: 1447041546700.png (148 KB, 500x575) Image search: [Google]
1447041546700.png
148 KB, 500x575
>>333053283
>Are you telling me that Quake had a bigger impact on your generation when you were 7 years old, as opposed to Halo when you were 13?
Yes, DOS games were the shit.
>>
Honestly Halo CE was great but the real game game in 2004, Halo 2. And not talking about the campaign, the multiplayer revolutionized console multiplayer and many of the same concepts are found in consoles today thanks to Halo 2. There was a reason it was the top play Xbox game for 3 years straight. Hell, even after the 360 came out it was still #1. That's unheard of today, a game from a past console still being #1 on the charts. If you missed out on prime Halo 2, I feel bad for you. The different communities really made that game. It's one of the few games where entire sites and communities were devoted to finding GLITCHES in the game. Glitches made the game more than it was, they added fun factors to the game that couldn't be copied. And once the modding community came about it got even more great. Aside from the few modders who used it for rank boosting (and got banned quickly), most modders made fun mods for the whole party.
>>
>>333068695
lol this poor guy getting wrekt by two people at once

>>333068032
>>333067548

#enoughisenough
>>
>>333053283
Not everyone played the newest games as young children or teenagers. By the time you got to high school, your tastes would have been established by the previous generation's "good stuff". The generation that grew up with advanced indexing search engines like Google is the one that's fucked up beyond all belief - they don't care for the old stuff because they have the new stuff at their fingertips at all times, and most of it's "free". They're born consumerists.
>>
Born in 88
First system was a nes
My friends brought a snes yesterday and beat mega man x

That is more entertaining than watching generic shooter 5 with no skill needed to play

Goldeneye was more prevalent then halo
>>
>>333069493
>no skill needed

okay, why didn't you find 3 other nerds and go win the HWC $1 million prize?

>inb4 oh we didn't feel like it
>>
>>333068835
I'm usually the asshole who does that :(

More seriously, I think a good portion of the levels in 2k4 are big enough that what I said is doable. You do need enough people (maybe 8 or so total), and you need at least one other guy to be good enough so him and the best player in the game keep each other busy, preventing it from becoming a gibfest.

Oh yeah it's also neat when the worse players form implicit alliances against the good players.

>>333069157
Didn't you say you were leaving?
>>
>>333069410
>wahhh google is the real culprit
if you actually made any sense you'd have a point there.
>>
>>333069979
I didn't say Google's to blame, I said the generation that grew up with it is garbage because of its capabilities.
And who is looking for blame?

Tumblr, is that you?
>>
>>333056151
Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 were both extremely robust, though to be fair its bullshit that we had to wait til the final entries in those series for the MP and SP to both be worth playing. No apologies for Haze, that game was dogshit and brought about the downfall of one of my favorite developers. Mag was the real 'Halo Killer' game, but it took too long to come out and had minimal marketing on top of no story campaign at all. I'm a bit sad it's dead, it was a truly great squad-based shooter.
>>
File: 250px-Timesplitters2[1].jpg (22 KB, 250x351) Image search: [Google]
250px-Timesplitters2[1].jpg
22 KB, 250x351
born 1990
halo was always pleb shit and not even the best shooter of gen 6
>>
>>333053283
terrible getting old, huh
>>
>>333063542
6th gen was a golden age for small-scale developers. There were so many small devs getting the opportunity to release their titles on the PS2/Xbox, and even the Gamecube had some respectable third-party support.
>>
>>333069687
>>333069687
>>333069687
No recoil
Lock onto enemies LOL
blips telling you where enemies are

>I am to retarded to figure out where enemies are

no hearing footsteps like in cs 1.6

get the fuck out

I know a 62 year old dude who is a call of duty pro wannabe

I just remember yesterday that my friend who was playing mega man his hands were pushing buttons 6 times the speed compared to someone playing uncharted
And two fuckups in mega man = death
>>
>>333071129
It was a great era, you could pick out a game in blockbuster at random and find something good you never even heard of.
>>
Man Pepsi Blue was the coolest shit but I'd be lying if I said I couldn't taste the colouring
>>
>>333072029
Weirdly compelling was a phrase I go back to a lot when discussing 6th gen. I remember renting Bujingai: The Forsaken City on a whim and being super impressed with the flash and aesthetic of the game. I have similar feelings about Samurai Legend Musashi, which, while not as strong as its predecessor, had great aesthetics and a fun twist for gaining new abilities that made it an eventual purchase for me.
>>
File: Halo.jpg (201 KB, 880x1969) Image search: [Google]
Halo.jpg
201 KB, 880x1969
I'm Master Halo and this is my favorite thread on /v/.
>>
File: OG Exclusives.jpg (714 KB, 1225x1225) Image search: [Google]
OG Exclusives.jpg
714 KB, 1225x1225
>>333068102
>only exclusive worth a damn

wut
>>
>>333068102
>he fell for the PlayStation propaganda
>>
>>333071617
so are you going to tell me why you're not 1 million dollars richer after winning the world championship if it takes no skill? or just keep making stupid arguments that could be made about any shooter
>>
>>333073538
4 mechanics that show there is no skill
>but you can get money

nope I want a fps with good mechanics that shows skill
not a game where the lowest and easiest gameplay and the most skilled looks exactly the same
>>
>>333056249
Cool fucking story you fucking faggot.
>>
>>333053283
>Halo
>56k

Xbox Live was broadband only.
>>
>>333058348
So many meme letters in those names what a pile of dogshit.
You should really yourself.
>>
>>333057471
Oh god, the amount of retardation required to compare Counter Strike and Halo is immense, and I assume that this is what you're trying to do.

Please stop.
>>
>>333063603
You bought an EKSBAWKS for a reason other than Halo?
>>
__Hello__

Halo
>>
>>333068161
Basically the crown jewel of the Xbox casual shits here. Every dudebro back where I lived was huge on it. Worst fucking people in this country.

I can't believe that a community as critical and elitist as 4chan likes crap like Halo, or sums up their criticism of a proper competitive shooter like Counter Strike to "shitty mechanics" which you can read as them just being bad at it.

Fuck I hate the shitposting retards on this board.
>>
I was born in 1991 and grew up almost exclusively on Starcraft and Warcraft III

Warcraft III was the first game I bought on my own money and the best investment I ever made. I am certain I put 10,000 hours into it. I can't even remember what I paid but even if it was $60, that's half a cent an hour in value.
>>
>>333074081
>dodging the question

so you going to give me a reason? you just don't want 1mil is that it? is your video game pride too much to compete in such a tournament?

you must suck, that must be it.
>>
>Implying I didn't grow up with mechwarrior and hated that stupid shit halo game for the piece of shit it was when I was a kid just as much as I do now

please go be niggers somewhere else, I know just because 75% of you are stupid doesn't mean it's ok
>>
>>333076145
video game challenge and fun is worth more then all the money in the world.

if you are a lazy dev and dumb down gameplay I have no respect for you

a bad game is bad
>>
>>333053283
I grew up playing Starsiege and ss tribes along with tfc and other hl mods though.
>>
>>333073538
>just keep making stupid arguments that could be made about any shooter
Lmao, what. The arguments he made cannot be made about just any shooter, but specifically console trash (even then not all of them have a radar system)
>>
File: comedy gold.gif (563 KB, 185x139) Image search: [Google]
comedy gold.gif
563 KB, 185x139
>>333077262
>video game challenge and fun is worth more then all the money in the world.
>>
>>333056654
Not even close. The end came with 7th gen, Modern Warfare and Nintendo abandoning the core.

Not even Halo could stump the industry up to 2006. Jesus those were good times.
>>
>>333063765
I was 14 when halo 1 came out? I enjoyed it much more than socom
>>
>>333079067
>>333079067
>>333079067
>instead of talking about the glaring problems in the game I will talk about money instead
fuck money
fuck generic shooters
>>
>>333053283
Reminder that if you were born in 86 and prior you're 30 fucking years old and we're communicating through /v/ - Video Games
>>
>>333077262
LOL

>muh video game dignity
>muh video game skill is worth more than any amount of money
>>
>>333079645
you still haven't answered the original question, stop dodging it. if the game takes no skill, why didnt you win the million? why are the same kids constantly winning the tourney's? why do the pro gamers constantly hold the top ranking spots? they just have the best luck in the world?
>>
File: 1457532345032.png (452 KB, 1200x1552) Image search: [Google]
1457532345032.png
452 KB, 1200x1552
>Halo defense force
>>
>all these butthurt manchildren that can't let go of their youth
>all these nerdy 30 year olds still on an anime clock ticking website
>all these opinions

holy fuck this is worse than fags on /tv/ whining about their black and white arthouse
>>
>>333082986
>they dare insult muh halo!
>>
Daily reminder that nobody cares how good you think the shit old fps arena shooters with toilet graphics were, the new age is CoD. most successful gaming franchise, it's the most popular for a reason. it's by far the greatest.

whine about skill and balance, nobody cares. the numbers have spoken. at the end of the day, video games were designed for one reason: entertainment.

more people find cod entertaining than your shithole old school shooters. therefore, because cod is entertaining to more people, it is the better game. is serves the purpose of games better than others.

cod wins
>>
>>333053283
My first fps was half-life and I was born in 91
>>
I like both.
If I want fast I'll play Doom 2, if I wanna chill I'll play some Halo.

Quakefags are mad that their game died, but placing the blame solely on Halo is stupid.
>>
>>333062925
I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND
>>
>Halo is bad
Still waiting for this anti-Western society hipster meme to die.
>>
File: GoldenEye007box.jpg (62 KB, 300x206) Image search: [Google]
GoldenEye007box.jpg
62 KB, 300x206
>Reminder that if you were born in 87-89, you're still part of the "casual" generation who "grew up with Halo" and should stop whining about people 5 years younger than year.

this is our first FPS tho
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.