[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short PS4 Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: ps4.jpg (18 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
ps4.jpg
18 KB, 610x343
I am looking for some good and intense PS4 games (preferably storydriven) with a short playtime. I dont really know what "short" is in todays video games but I guess it is everything <20 hours, is it realistic?
What are your recommendations? Only one I can really find is Order 1886 but what else?
>>
Infamous First Light sounds to fit that, and I kinda liked it better than other infamous games because it ended before it got boring

arena was fun too
>>
>finding a game
>playing the ps4
pick one
>>
>>333052279
Isnt it some kind of Second Son Addon or can you play without playing the original game too?
>>
>>333052556
play on its own, it was on PS+ at one point too
>>
>>333052308
>memes
>>
>>333052160
Probably the movie games like uncharted collection or the last of us. Senran Kagura is also really short.
>>
>>333052308
go back to your harvest moon and earthbound rip offs :)
>>
>>333052738
ah okay, i dont play online so I dont pay for plus but maybe I will get this game cheap some time.

>>333052892
last of us really seems to be short always thought it would be a very long game, thats nice.

how about the main story of farcry primal?
>>
>>333053356
I don't fucking know, I don't play those games. From what I heard primal is just a shittier farcry 4 which also should be cheaper.
>>
>>333053456
I am kind of a stoneage fan so I got interested by it...
>>
>>333052160
Try out Gravity Rush (AKA Gravity Daze). Supposedly has around 10 hours to beat, without doing some of the side stuff. The flying/falling mechanic is a lot of fun.
>>
Transformers Devastation
>>
>>333052160
Killzone PS4's story mode is pretty short and not too shabby
>>
I just played the Fall. Took a few hours, decent story.
>>
>>333052160
Firewatch. I think it will be everything you're looking for.
>>
>>333052160
>but I guess it is everything <20 hours, is it realistic?
Sounds like every PS4 game anon. You're not going to get much more than 20 hours out of a game these days unless it's multiplayer only, an RPG or they artificially extend the playtime by locking difficulties.
>>
>>333052160
Bloodborne.
>>
>>333054980
Seems like it. To be honest it would be a plus to me at the moment so that is nice.
>>
>>333052308
>thinks he's a gaymuh
>rips on platforms to play games on
>thinks he's a gaymuh
>>
Transistor is breddy gud.
>>
>>333052160
Until Dawn is fun.
>>
tomb raider
>>
>>333054980
These days? Tell me, old man, were "old" games longer? Because I played games since the 90's and games were always short except RPGs or endless types of games. And those that weren't usually dragged on for far too long to be enjoyable.
>>
>>333055863
I feel like in the 90s "short" games had a longer playtime because they needed more trial and error to beat. I dont know which is better in the end.
>>
>>333055863
The life system is what gave those games their playtime, nowadays every game has checkpoints, saves every 2 minutes and unlimited continues.
>>
>>333055985
>>333056109
Not just talking about 90s. Look at early 00s, the golden ages, whatever.

All the good games had a few hours of length. Resident Evil games, Max Payne, FEAR, Prince of Persia, Return To Castle Wolfenstein, whatever - all these games had more or less 5 hours of content. But for some reason people always remark they are long.

No, games were never long and they don't have to be. They should be as long as they need to be.
>>
>>333056653
Also it may feel like that because time feels very different as a kid. I always thought I would have spent hundreds of hours as a ten year old playing Final Fantasy and looking at its savestates years later I realized it was only about 50.
>>
>>333056904
Exactly. And even if we did play it a lot as a kid, it was because we sucked at games.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.