[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starcraft 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11
File: Legacy of the Void.jpg (40 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
Legacy of the Void.jpg
40 KB, 594x334
What do you think is the best race in Starcraft 2?
>>
>>333051253
Lore or design wise ? Or competitive wise ?

I like Terrans. I like the rugged ,cool space cowboy feels. Zergs and Protoss feels too close to their Warhammer original.
>>
File: Rohana_LotV_Art1.jpg (209 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Rohana_LotV_Art1.jpg
209 KB, 800x1000
why is she so perfect
>>
File: 1445477286542.jpg (42 KB, 375x374) Image search: [Google]
1445477286542.jpg
42 KB, 375x374
I loved the campaign
>>
>>333052912
Which campaign?
>>
>>333051253
Terrans. lovable backstabbing rednecks
>>
File: Selendis face closeup.png (676 KB, 1112x668) Image search: [Google]
Selendis face closeup.png
676 KB, 1112x668
>>333051253
I like the protoss most.
Also, Selendis a cute! CUTE!
>>
zerg
always was
>>
>>333053353
Not all of them are backstabbing.

But a lot of them are fun.

Also most down-to-earth guys.
>>
>>333053834
its two different characters you racist fuck
>>
File: Selendis and zealots.jpg (145 KB, 980x552) Image search: [Google]
Selendis and zealots.jpg
145 KB, 980x552
>>333053834
Impure thoughts that need to be PURGED!
>>
Never Protoss, no matter what game, no matter what expansion. And especially fuck their story mode in the newest one. Why is it the one version of starcraft 2 with almost no side race missions is the one where you have to play a bunch of boring un-emotive space elves.
>>
File: Protoss biology.png (3 MB, 1539x840) Image search: [Google]
Protoss biology.png
3 MB, 1539x840
>>333053834
The protoss don't have any orifices senpai.
>>
>>333051253
Protoss>Zerg>Terran
I hope some day Blizzard will get their head out of their ass and do some more work to casualize SC2. It really sucks it's so fucking dead. They just need to get more fun stuff like more team modes and a better chat system. Fuck, throw in shitty CSGO and LoL tier microtransactions with skins of some sort and the game might have a chance of being revived.
>>
>>333054457
>No orifices.

Then how do they make babies?

A race with the purity of form would need a way to reproduce.
>>
File: Protoss_Zealot_by_Snake101.jpg (313 KB, 800x545) Image search: [Google]
Protoss_Zealot_by_Snake101.jpg
313 KB, 800x545
>tfw there will never be a Planetside style Starcraft game.

I just wanna bro up with my Zealot brothers, and slay some filthy Terrans and Zerg in glorious combat!
>>
>>333054696
Space magic.
>>
>>333054696
They're plants.
>>
>>333051253
Humanity of course.

Fuck aliens. We need to build a wall to keep those faggots out. A wall of battleships armed with Yamato cannons.
>>
>>333054457
thats not going to stop me from cumming buckets on a cute protoss face, while they massage my brain to a psychic orgasm
>>
>>333054510
Why did the game die anon?
>>
>>333054730
You'd either have to change they way they work or enforce some kind of strict player quota guidelines. Since the raises are designed around numbers compared to strength.

Maybe you could do like that one warhammer MMO where the F2P players were orcs.
>>
>>333055001
cus faggots just wanna Dota
>>
>>333054771
>>333054792
Dammit Blizzard and your inconsistency too.
>>
>>333054696
>Then how do they make babies?
Who knows m8.
That text is from the Marine handbook thing that Blizzard released, so it is official fluff.

My personal theory is that the protoss reproduce via budding. Basically, the female protoss forms a temporary "womb sack" within her belly skin, inside of which the babby protoss grows until it is ready to born, upon which the "womb sack" is shed, and the babby emerges from it.
Bam, reproduction with no orifices.

The reason I think it goes as above, is because their skin seems to be taking part in all sorts of other, vital biological functions, especially related to transmiting of matter both into, and out of the body. Makes sense that their skin would play a part in their reproduction. If they pass nutrients trough their skin, it is not big of a stretch that they could pass genetic matter trough it as well.
Hand holding could be their equivalent of sex.
>>
>>333054389
Seriously, I even managed to get through the clusterfuck of writing that was Heart of the Swarm. I can't bring myself to beat LotV.
>>
>>333054813
I didn't really give a shit about Terrans until I played legacy of the void. You really start to appreciate them after you've spent 20 hours hanging out with a bunch of expressionless space elves. Finally emotions!
>>
>>333055143
Protoss, Terran and Zerg all team up together to fight off an unstoppable wave of Hybrids while Kerrigan becomes literal space jesus who uses her magic powers to make everything fine again and free the Zerg from something which isn't really explained.

It's awful. I'm not even joking about space jesus, Kerrigan actually becomes a god.
>>
>>333055047
>le assfaggots boogeymen
Classic
>>
>>333055035
>F2P players play as Zerg
>start as zerglings
>if they can gather enough life matter without dying they get to evolve
>>
>>333055338
dont forget the CORRUPTED ANCIENTS
>>
>>333055035
I think that the Terrans and Protoss basic dudemans could be pretty easy to balance with one another. Just make Marines ranged powerhouses, while making Zealots tanky melee powerhouses with the ability to sprint up close to dish out damage. Marine players would have to work as teams to kite and bait Zealots, while Zealots would have to co-ordinate with each other to arrange ambushes, or attack in ways where they are not exposed to fire until they are already seeing the whites of their enemie's eyeballs.

For the Zerg, the basic player character would have to be something like a Roach or a Hydralisk, while Zerglings would be AI controlled npcs.
>>
>>333055136
Now you reminded me of 40K's Kroot.

They also reproduce in a similar way.

>Male secretes genetic material through hands.
>Female has genetic receptors on her back.
>Male rubs the genetic material into her receptors.
>Gets pregnant and turns one of her stomachs into a womb.
>Literally barfs the baby out after the time comes.

At least what you theorized about the Protoss is clean.
>>
File: archon vs ultralisk.webm (3 MB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
archon vs ultralisk.webm
3 MB, 720x300
>>333055338
To be fair, that is just the epilogue, which sucks ass.
The Protoss campaign itself is pretty good imo. It has nice, nostalgic feeling to it, as it revisits many of the locations of the original Protoss campaigns from SC1 and BW.
Also, finally seeing the protoss kick ass in cinematics is fucking glorious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_lcMXQOjaE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0kcHS0Tcu0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_jHMxGkDLU
>>
>>333055001
Around HotS I think. WoL was decently popular but it trailed off. There's pretty much no one playing any more, in the sense that it's simply not popular in the slightest. There isn't any kind of growth of the player abse, if anything there's a slow decline.
>>
>>333055663
Isn't that how Kif from futurama has children?
>>
File: latest.jpg (78 KB, 692x589) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
78 KB, 692x589
>>333055663
>>
>>333055529
>I think that the Terrans and Protoss basic dudemans could be pretty easy to balance with one anothe

But that's the thing, they're not meant to be balanced against each other in a 1 on 1 fight.
>>
If I enjoyed sc and brood war campaign should I get 2? I don't plan to play online. I never see anyone talk about it ever.
>>
>>333056123
No one wants to be cannonfodder.
>>
>>333056203
the singleplayer is stupid but very well made
>>
>>333055047
Different people play RTS and Moba.
>>
>>333051253
Zerg.
>>
>>333056253
Protoss could be like jedi in star wars galaxies
>>
>>333056203
Only if you don't care about the plot. It's fucking garbage, but the missions themselves are good.
>>
>>333056123
Oh, I did not mean that they would be ballanced one vs one.
One vs one, the Zealot should always win, via tanking and then charging in.
However, the game could be balanced so that marines working in squads could bring down their equal number of zealots, just like they can in the actual game, via the utilization of stim packs, kiting, and focus firing (and maybe some other abilities as well which you could include in a FPS style game). Also, one could design the game so that Marines have more weapon options they can choose from, like snipers, shotguns, grenade launchers etc, along with their main gaus riffles, whereas the Zealots would be far more specialized to do their thing, which is fuck shit up in melee.
>>
>>333055991
Yeah, but via hand holding.

>>333056118
He doesn't even need a woman. His race doesn't need women.
>>
>>333056363
I hate to tell you, but plot in old SC games is garbage too.
>>
>>333056519
That's basically how every AVP first person shooter worked. Predators were amazing until you get a bunch of humans with smart guns and a good position
>>
>>333056519
Marines is OP unit in SC2.
>>
>>333051253
pic related

>>333052912
WoL had a GOTY tier campaign. Tons of variety, branching paths, several full missions as another race, all upgrades where permanent so you actually had to consider your build with your limited resources, campaign unique units.

By comparison HotS was really disappointing. Way to many missions that where either hero solo or hero stomps. LotV was better but it also suffered from some stagnation and some odd choices like the Tal'derime not using the Tal'derime units when you fight against them.

All this is excluding the story however, which officially jumped the shark way back somewhere in WoL
>>
Terran = Catholic
Protoss = Protestant
Zerg = Muslim

so Terran
>>
>>333057084
Story jumped the shark in HotS.
WoL had a decent final act, which was totally invalidated by the opening of HotS. Appalling writing.
>>
>>333057438
WoL laid the groundwork for muh prophesy bullshit, true it wasnt completely apparent what we where in for until HotS rolled around but its still the beginning of the end. Really I could forgive the story if each of the campaigns where as good as WoL, but it feels like they didnt try nearly as hard
>>
>>333057728
>WoL laid the groundwork for muh prophesy bullshit

True, but the Protoss side missions in WoL were alright, especially that final base defense mission.
>>
>>333058183
ya but Im talking just about the story here
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.