[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s consensus on Dark Souls 3? I just beat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 609173.jpg (4 MB, 2768x1557) Image search: [Google]
609173.jpg
4 MB, 2768x1557
What's /v/'s consensus on Dark Souls 3? I just beat it about 20 minutes ago and I personally loved it, but I feel like I can see the game getting heavy criticism down the line for the copious pandering that the game does.

More so, it feels like it copies too many elements of the existing games (such as the half-way point of the game placing [s] a dark sign on the sun a la Bloodborne's revealing of the red moon at its own halfway point[/s]) but I'm just curious what everyone else thinks.
>>
it's not even out, how can I have a consensus?
>>
>>333051841
You can import it and play it
>>
File: 1449603991304.jpg (11 KB, 257x250) Image search: [Google]
1449603991304.jpg
11 KB, 257x250
>>333051887
>no online
>no day one patch
nah senpai
>>
>>333051159
I watched DSP play it and it seems on par with DS1

should be good
>>
>>333051953
>No online

>How to spot people who haven't played it

>No day one patch

To fix fucking what? I literally can't think of a single issue the game has optimization wise, apart from a longish transition cutscene during Abyss Watchers.
>>
>>333051159
99% of /v/ havent played the game.
>>
File: 1319244608095.png (318 KB, 944x2966) Image search: [Google]
1319244608095.png
318 KB, 944x2966
>>333051159
I liked it a lot. Pity Twin Prices, Nameless King and Soul of Cinder were the only bosses I found challenging.
>>
>>333052167

Of the 1% of /v/ who have played and beaten the game, what is your consensus?
>>
>>333052338
just watch a stream of it or something
>>
>>333052297
I thought Abyss Watchers, Champion Gundyr, and the Dragonslayer Armor to be reasonably challenging bosses, but I agree that it overall was too much on the easy side.
>>
>>333052594
At least pretty much all the bosses in 3 were memorable and well designed unlike DaS 2's base game.
Except for the Ancient Wyvern, man that was shit.
>>
>>333052895
I thought Ancient Wyvern was cool, at least unique. At the very least I had a good laugh when I asked "Do they really expect me to plunging attack this".
>>
Contrarians say the game is shit, everyone else says it's the best souls.
>>
Is it really that much easier than other souls games?
>>
From NG+,
Worst combat than BB.
Better combat than DkS.
Actually a nice difficulty curve.
Map interconnection is a joke.
Weapon arts are a mess and need to be rebalanced.
>>
>>333055153
It has 3 difficulty spikes, with the 3rd bringing the hardest and best bosses in the series.
>>
>>333055153
In my opinion, yeah.

There was no Ornstein and Smough, NG+ 4Kings, Gwyn-no-parry difficulty levels that you spent all afternoon trying to get through. There were certainly harder bosses than others, but the only boss I was stuck on for over an hour was Sulyvahn. Everything else took half an hour at most.

In fact, I'd say more of the difficulty was shifted into the mobs on the way to a boss. Mobs frequently dealt over 1/3 of my HP, and while I think the game offered too many Estus flasks when trying to fight a boss, I think you needed them for exploring the level for the first time.

That being said, the game does a great job of easing into the difficulty. You can feel the game slowly becoming harder and hitting a reasonable level by the half way point, but I wish the game was longer so the difficulty could continue to ramp up.
>>
File: 1431311302503.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431311302503.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>333055708
>actually ducks under that first attack
Are the hitboxes actually that good or does that move have some i-frames?
>>
>>333055708
So the game has a nothin' personnel ring? Kewel.
>>
DaS3 > BB = DaS1 > DeS >>> DaS2

MIYAZAKI DOES IT AGAIN
>>
>>333055874
There's a webm of an arrow going under a guys armpit without him taking any damage. It seems like they fixed tracking and hitboxs for the most part but I'm sure there's still some weird teleporting grabs or something like that.
>>
im replaying DaS as a pyromancer now, whats a good way to build it?
>>
Is it like every other Souls game where one build is clearly superior?
>>
>>333056362
I didn't notice any in general. I went hard dex into the katana outside Firelink Shrine and got that to +10 and felt like I did too much damage, but my friend went full quality with a greatsword (there's an infusement for quality so that a weapon scales the same with str/dex) and did even more damage, and the game shits upgrade items at you.

So, you probably won't be lacking for damage.

That being said, I've heard that sorcery is not very good this time around.
>>
Is the game as linear as I'm hearing? I really loved DaS1's world design and I can't understand why they haven't tried to replicate it.
>>
>>333056836
Yeah, it's pretty linear. You're pretty much constantly moving from one area to the next, without multiple options like the second half of Dark Souls 1 or the first half of Dark Souls 2.

I think the most option for required content I ever got at one point was choosing whether or not to kill Yhorm or Aldrich first.

That being said, it's more open that Bloodborne was. Bloodborne had a lot of optional content, but the required path was very strict. Dark Souls 3 felt like it was really lacking optional content. I think there were like 3 optional zones at the end of the game I could go through, but I might've missed earlier stuff.

Then again, the quality of the bosses in DS3 are unreal. It's A team at its finest level. Every boss stands out and is memorable, even the Pinwheel boss was kind of cool.

So, quality over quantity. Take it for what you will.
>>
Waiting for the PC version even though I have a ps4.
>>
>>333055885
I haven't played DaS3 yet but the rest of my list looks exactly like that. Can't wait.
>>
>>333057190
Actually you can squence break near the beginning of the game and acsess late-game content ludicrously early by killing the lady who is in the church, triggering the Dancer boss as soon as you like.

I'm not sure how far you can go after that without doing all the other stuff first though. But you can get some good items if you are good enough to beat a tough boss early on.
>>
>>333058090
Yeah you can get to the last stretch of the game right at the start, but you still can't beat the game without the other lords. You can only get one for going through that path.

But yeah, options are options.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.