[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this game what does /v/ think about it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: dehr_logo.jpg (25 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
dehr_logo.jpg
25 KB, 460x215
Just got this game what does /v/ think about it.
>>
AAA reboot done right.
>>
>>333050852
It's good
>>
>>333050852
It was pretty decent, despite it's flaws such as boss battles, lack of melee combat outside of takedowns, stealth being overly rewarding and the game becoming a zombie survival game after Singapore.

Fortunately from what I've seen of DXMD they're fixing everything and it should be pretty good.

Some people usually talk about how DXHR was a bit short, but I felt it was just right, whereas the original DX1 seemed to go on for a bit too long, though maybe I just don't like anything after Vandenberg.
>>
>>333051301
>they're fixing everything
adam is even more op in md.
>>
literally one of the best games in recent years.
one of the best atmosphere and style in a game I have ever played. played almost 2 years ago and still think it is one of the best cyberpunk atmosphere games ever.
>>
>>333051409
you still have to work towards that, they were cheating a little in some of those previews, but I like that a full combat playthrough appears to be viable.
>>
>>333050852
It's alright.
The gameplay is there, the ambiance as well.
The plot is a bit shit but there's worse.

Only real complain is how there's so little to explore.
It's all small areas.
>>
>>333050852
I never asked for this
>>
>>333051570
>a full combat playthrough appears to be viable
all AAA game are filled with violence. this cant be a surprise.
>>
/v/ was flooded with "THEY DIDN'T FUCK IT UP" posts when it got leaked in 2010
>>
i loved it

the underlying conspiracy seemed a bit watered down compared to the original story, but it was still great
>>
>>333052261
It's a prequel.
You could say that MJ13 and all the other conspiracies aren't as active.
>>
>>333052751
MJ12*

I fucked up
Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KQwl7G439E
>>
good game but ugly as shit
>>
>>333050852
Overall I think they got Deus Ex right, by allowing for various play-styles and really nailing the aesthetic. That being said it still has some flaws, like rewarding some solutions much more than others. For instance, you can ghost an area, then backtrack to tranq headshot every guard, and finally pop a bullet in each of their heads for max XP.

Some people on /v/ like to bring up things like these, as well as cut content in Montreal and Hengsha, and the terrible boss fights as reasons why the game is just overhyped garbage. But unlike something like Thi4f - made by the same studio - HR feels more like a project limited by budget and corporate interference rather than something broken from its inception.

The fact that a lot of these concerns are being actively addressed by the devs - and boss fights in the Director's Cut even - give me hope that MD will be something spectacular
>>
File: 2.20.52).jpg (145 KB, 1275x635) Image search: [Google]
2.20.52).jpg
145 KB, 1275x635
>>333052869
>Adam vs Paul in MD

Oh please
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.