[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Listen up all ye Fags and Shitposters. >JUST HOLD O TO WIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14
File: FF XV NOCTIS.jpg (34 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
FF XV NOCTIS.jpg
34 KB, 620x320
Listen up all ye Fags and Shitposters.

>JUST HOLD O TO WIN XD

This meme needs to end. Final Fantasy XV has a unique combat system. There's a reason why you can hold the button instead of mashing it. When you have four weapons at your disposal in the main game, you're going to access them using the D-Pad. Thus, the various combos are going to be performed using weapon switching whilst you hold the attack (O) button.

>Why would I want to switch between weapons?

Try fighting the Iron Giant using just the sword and by holding the O button. See where this gets you... make a video if possible.
>>
damage control
>>
>>333049907
>The game I sucked the cock of sucks. I know, I'll complain about the people who don't like it.
Just accept it mate
>>
No shit, the combat system is better, but they fucked up really badly with the demo

They were better off not releasing it and just updating Duscae or releasing a new actual demo
>>
Pretty much this. It's more than just
>Git Gud
People have started to feel negatively about the game without even understanding the core fundamentals. Square Enix expected tthe players to be smart enough to figure out the combat mechanics on their own. Guess they were wrong in that regard.
>>
FFXV's combat made me appreciate DmC's combat a lot more.
>>
>>333050003
>>333050167
Don't worry, PC will get this in about 2-3 years like always. Like some filthy dog enjoying their masters leftovers. At that moment you will find the combat system good.
>>
>>333049907
wait is this really how the system is?
it's not gonna be mashing like kingdom hearts?
Can I turn off the hold option, I really want faster paced combat
>>
>>333049907
Hope they give access to more than 4 weapons/magic at time, differentiate the movesets and give enough enemy variety.

As it is now it's still visually entertaining
>>
>>333049907
>Try fighting the Iron Giant using just the sword and by holding the O button. See where this gets you... make a video if possible.
You're literally immortal in the fight because the hamster heals you.
>>
>dont explain anything except that holding circle is autoattack and holdig square is autododge.
>get mad that people dont know anything but was explicitly stated.
Honestly this is entiely their fault. But the combat is pretty fuckin shitty even with the directional shit. Literally no reason to use anything but the greatsword. Only reason to use other shit is to showboat and waste time.
>>
>>333049907
>Kingdom hearts + auto
>unique
>>
You are right OP. You should hold O and then warp once every 15 seconds
>>
>>333051084
And this right here is the problem with handholding. You're so use to not trying anything creative in a video game that you just follow the instructions that the game gives you.
>>
>>333050916
Every time your cute magical companion heals you, it would count as death in the actual game.
>>
>>333051309
Yeah but the game isn't out yet. OP asked for videos of the fight which you can beat by just holding down the O button.
>>
The sluggish animations and general responsiveness reminded me of Devil May Cry 2.
Hell the game even uses a similar system where you hold the stick different directions to change your combo mid string
>>
>>333051237
You proved youself wrong with that Webm. The guy is literally switching between weapons every second or so.
>>
>>333051293
There's nothing more counter-intuitive in a 3D game than having to hold a direction that you don't want to move to in order to change an attack. This is why games use more than 1 button to attack
>>
>>333051084
>>333051237
Tetsuya Nomura should have kept directing
The battle system would have been better
At least he'll save us with FF7 and KH3
>>
>>333050393
>b-b-but PC!
every time
>>
>>333051408
Would that change anything? Do you want me to go back and make it without switching weapons? After all, I only need the shuriken to stagger him and kill him.
>>
>>333051293
It would help too if the combat actually changed more woth direcrional input. The visuals for the moves are similar regardless of direction outside of the greatsword moves. Again, square was really stupid about it. You really cant blame people when the combat is as slow, shitty, and similar as it is.
>>
>>333051408
>Hold O
>Press D-Pad

wow, the complexity
like I honestly don't care for complex battle systems, but I don't want it to be auto for me
I want this game to be fast paced and challenging
>>
>>333051386
It'd be like an hour long video then... hmm.. why am I even replying to an idiot such as yourself.
>>
>>333051778
>moving the goalpost
>ad hominem

You're right. We should stop talking since you clearly will just move the goalpost every time you're getting proven wrong.
>>
>>333049907
Listen up all ye Fags and Shitposters.

>JUST MASH Y TO WIN XD

This meme needs to end. Batman Arkham Asylum has a unique combat system. There's a reason why you need to press the button at the right time instead of mashing it. When you have 8 weapons at your disposal in the main game, you're going to access them using the D-Pad. Thus, the various combos are going to be performed using weapon switching whilst you press the attack (X) button.

>Why would I want to switch between weapons?

Try fighting Bane using just the X button smashing. See where this gets you... make a video if possible.
>>
>>333052002
AA had terrible gameplay
>>
After watching webms showcasing the combat system I actually thought that this shit is fucking glorious and downloaded the demo. However when you actually play the game it's "meh" at best. You don't feel any control over the character and after seeing all flashy cool moves for like 10 times combat suddenly becomes boring and stale as fuck. You just mash the attack button and that's it. I really wish they made something close to DMC or GoW combat system. Also all attacks don't feel like they have any impact when they connect with enemies. It's hard to explain but overall combat system feels unsatisfying as fuck.
>>
>>333052002
This literally doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>333051778
>It'd be like an hour long video then

Greatsword dunks the giant's HP pretty quickly.
>>
>>333052223
Even with the Greatsword... how many times would you have died in the actual fight without using any evasive maneuvers whatsoever?
>>
>>333052432
>evasive maneuvers
Hold Square?
>>
>>333049907
10 hours and counting in the Platinum Demo. Combat system really does feel great once you get the hang of it. Can't wait to try it out against different enemy times using weapon combinations.
>>
File: 1456358223504.jpg (62 KB, 1053x633) Image search: [Google]
1456358223504.jpg
62 KB, 1053x633
>>333051237
This game looks fucking retarded.
>>
>>333052554
It's more complicated than you make it out to be senpai. For instance his red orb pull attack along with the grab can't be dodged. So you have to react quickly and learn to warp at the right moment.
>>
>>333049907
Zip it, SE marketer. The combat is shit. Your company spent 9 years making a game and forgot the game part was important.
>>
>>333052760
You can literally run against the current
>>
>>333051237
Is the demo really this boring?
>>
File: Can't wait So happy.jpg (19 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
Can't wait So happy.jpg
19 KB, 396x385
Who /training/ here ?
Mostly using the Iron Giant. So that you can learn how the intricacies of the Battle System work before getting your hands on the main game.
>>
Hi, OP.

I don't care about what you're saying. I'm just stopping by to remind everyone there hasn't been a good Final Fantasy since IX.
>>
Can someone explain the rpg mechanics in this game to me? Are there stats, levels, jobs? How do you learn skills and magic? It looks just like an action game from the little I've seen so far.
>>
>>333053054
Reporting in Mr. Frog.
>>
>>333052876
In that webm I'm fighting with the secret weapons found. It's boring and easy.
If you fight it with the 2 weapons you are given normally, it's boring and tedious
>>
File: 1273916570789.png (155 KB, 362x245) Image search: [Google]
1273916570789.png
155 KB, 362x245
>>333053054
Who /savin60dollars/ here?
Mostly using other games. So that I can laugh at the shittiness of the Batle System before ignoring the main game at release.
>>
>>333053054
>Mostly using the Iron Giant
Yeah, no shit.
>>
File: meh.png (99 KB, 397x385) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
99 KB, 397x385
>>333049907
Paid damage control. Squarenix is some low tier filth for employing you.
>>
>>333053131
yeah this, can someone answer this anon's post?
ffxv-kun, are you here?
>>
>>333053131
It's a shitty action game at that. The only roleplaying there is is the fact you're playing the role of a homosexual boy band.
>>
>>333053425
Just you wait naysayers. You'll be falling over yourselves to buy the game when it comes out.
>>
Isn't it literally Kingdom Hearts combat mechanics 2.0?

Why are people bashing this but not Kingdom Hearts?
>>
>>333054085
It's worse than Kingdom Hearts, that's the problem.
>>
>>333049907
needs more than just 4 slots. Or just let me use the R1 and L1 button to switch between 3 or more different sets.
>>
>>333049907
Why are you expecting neo /v/ to be logical? They'll spout buzzwords, never truly learn a game, and think their opinion is correct. They're plebs who cares.
>>
>>333054173
The demo only covers the very beginning of the game. It's like judging the battle system of Kingdom Hearts by playing that intro Island portion then calling it shit.
>>
>>333054173
having more than one weapon type already makes it more interesting than Kingdom Hearts
>>
>Final Fantasy XV
>Final Fantasy 15
>15
>15 fps

This is for the players. Console player eyes can't see more than 1 fps anyway.
>>
File: 1459620592751.png (510 KB, 800x1619) Image search: [Google]
1459620592751.png
510 KB, 800x1619
>>333050393
Honestly, if it means I don't have to play it at 25fps with drops down to 15, I am totally down to wait that long.

And I -have- a PS4.
>>
>>333051479
>Tetsuya Nomura should have kept directing
In that case, you wouldn't know shit about the combat system (or any information, actually) because you would still have the E32013 trailers as your most updated info. And the release date would be November the 30th, 2020.
>>
>>333054824
>In that case, you wouldn't know shit about the combat system
You wouldn't really need to. KH is fun, but it's not exactly complex or groundbreaking.
>>
I don't what people were expecting from the combat that they're so disappointed right now but I think it's fun. Definitely better than Duscae anyway. There's definitely room for improvement with the controls and I wish enemies were a bit more aggressive, but the system they have in place is pretty unique and with more weapons and enemy variety I think it will be a lot of fun. I've fought the Iron Golem alone several times already, so with more playstyles and enemies I can definitely see the fun sustaining itself through a whole game.
>>
File: Nomuras vision.jpg (107 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
Nomuras vision.jpg
107 KB, 500x284
>>333055130
Nomuras version of Noctis looked horrible
>>
Now that the assfaggots have left the thread we can actually talk about the game
>>
>>333055130
just like FFXV's combat system
>>
>>333055271
it's mostly that people are too stupid to play the game and just hold two buttons since that's what the game told them to do.
Just watch some iron giant fights on youtube, it's cringeworthy as fuck.
>>
>>333055271
I think it would be fun to fight more varied enemies, I like the weapon switching system and button combos and directional combos. I wish the prompts for qte didn't take up half the screen.
>>333055453
We still have nomura's noctis
>>
File: 1441053292.jpg (205 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1441053292.jpg
205 KB, 640x360
>>333055453
he still designed the most current Noctis
I kinda miss the old designs
But I like the new Prompto
I'll miss the leather jacket/cloak Noctis had for Versus 13
>>
>>333055804
did they change his design when Nomura was still the leading men?
I can't keep up with the development hell of that game
>>
>>333055756
To be honest I didn't know there was a difference between holding and mashing. I knew you could fight in the air but thats about it. When I learned about weapon combos and timed prompts it was pretty cool.
>>
>>333053054
What else would you be training with
And the demo doesn't even offer you like 5 % of the spells, weapons and abilites from the main game
And why is there no plate to spawn small enemie and airborne enemies and your party?
Fighting the same slow big enemy gets boring fast
>>
>>333055453
I prefer it specifically because he wears two gloves.

I don't care how anime a character looks or is dressed, I don't care how big their sword is/how many they have, or how many belts they wear, but goddamnit, faggots that only wear one glove trigger me. Wear two gloves or none at all, you little shit.
>>
>>333055804
>I wish the prompts for qte
fuck, they have QTEs?
I wish they got rid of those
I don't want no cinematic experience
Save that for actual cut scenes
>>
>>333055947
Yeah, when they released the "new ffxv" the same time as kh3 nomura was the one presenting that. I think what they changed after that was prompto's face and hair and stella.
>>
>>333055995
the enemies from the Duscae demo
>>
>>333056157
Which is a totally different battle system already
>>
>>333056225
the goblin and dogs where in the kid Noctis part so why not put them at the end too as another unlockable fight
>>
>>333056018
The new glove looks a lot better though
>>
>>333056349
Ask the idiots at square
>>
please tell me that the combat is fun and fluid? It looks fun, but is it really just mash O for striking and holding it to change weapons with DPad combos?
Still sounds ok though and fun.
>>
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/15-new-things-we-learned-from-final-fantasy-15s-di/1100-6436138/

>6. Regis was redesigned because of the film.

>14. You will not be able to play as Luna in combat, or fight alongside her.

It's a fucking mess. They're actually cutting shit from and changing the game to favor the fucking pointless movie.

What else do you think they've cut or butchered just for the shitty movie?
>>
>>333056645
Looks fun and fluid
Play alright, by far nothing special, press buttons, use them in combination with directions if you want, but most normal enemies won't even be worth it
>>
>>333056645
It's not fun, and I don't know what you mean by fluid. It's very unresponsive, so you may want to move but Noctis will still be attack for no reason
>>
>>333056710
THANKS TABATA
>changed Stella into Luna
>changed Regis
>no more control over party members
>no underwater dungeons
>>
File: Cloud.Strife.full.28804.jpg (1 MB, 1648x2112) Image search: [Google]
Cloud.Strife.full.28804.jpg
1 MB, 1648x2112
>>333056018
Is that the Smash model?

Damn, Sakurai like his Cloud ripped...
>>
File: nat__.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
nat__.png
325 KB, 382x417
why do you like Prompto so much? he doesn't look trustworthy, he is not even royalty and he is a bully that likes practical jokes.
>>
>>333056857
I actually like the fact that you only control Noctis.
>>
>>333056467
No, it doesn't. It makes him look like a fucking mallrat.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.