[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why do we play these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (466 KB, 1600x827) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
466 KB, 1600x827
/v/, I love the souls games. Even DS2 is pretty good, if weaker than the other ones. But why do you guys play them? I'm personally in it for that electrifying feeling from killing a tough boss, you feel so fucking powerful.

Just killed Vicar Amelia and watching my whip smack her back and forth while she's staggered is etched into my mind. I love these games, and why do my soulsfags like em too?
>>
File: 1459046541998.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459046541998.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
murdering people in their own game
>>
Exploration and fashion.
>>
I'm a masochist.
>>
>>333037429
Why do I play these games?

I am a GAMER. Not because I have NO life, but because I choose to have MANY.
>>
File: header[1].jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
35 KB, 460x215
Find a flaw
>>
>>333037429
The atmosphere, the gameplay, the lore and to play an actual finished AAA title.
>>
>>333038069
iframes linked to a stat.
>>
God tier gameplay. That's why.
>>
File: kek.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>>333038068
>>
>>333037429
I love the art style and the combat is pretty satisfying.
>>
For me? The art direction and theme. No other game series has this sort of medieval thing done as nicely.
I love the armors, the weapons, the places I visited.
It's comfy and at the same time, dangerous. When you find a look that fits, and weapon to compliment that gear. Shit's nice.

Then it just gets ruined by min-max paper cutter builds.
>>
The exploration and combat. Bosses that actually feel like they can mess you up.
I loved DeS to, but stopped because of the lack of the estus flask system. Having to rely on consumables that can easily run out makes it less about trial and error and gettin gud. Farming souls just to be able to try that one level again isn't fun and makes the game feel tedious.
But yes, Dark Souls is fun and provides a rewarding experience. It's approach to story telling, mechanics and difficulty sets it apart from most games. Fingers crossed for 3.
>>
File: casul.jpg (131 KB, 1275x671) Image search: [Google]
casul.jpg
131 KB, 1275x671
>>333037429
replay value is high with different kind of builds
>>
Vicar Amelia is pretty sexy.
>>
>>333037429
Because humans are innately goal-seeking and Souls design philosophy is evoking the feeling of accomplishment. Simple as that.
>>
>>333037429
Subtle and ambiguous storytelling. Rewarding gameplay. Level design. At least that's for DS1.

You know what I don't like? Those fucking endless chasms every-fucking-where.
>>
>>333044364
That's a bit too broad. That's what every game does or at least tries to do.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.