[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Demon's Souls comes out half a year early in Jap, with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini (2).jpg (224 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini (2).jpg
224 KB, 1200x650
>Demon's Souls comes out half a year early in Jap, with a full english version available.
>Everybody cool with it.

>Dark Souls 3 comes out 3 weeks earlier in Jap.
>Everybody loses their mind.

Stop being such pussys, you impatient millennial fucks.
>>
DeS also was the most niche game of the series, and not one of the most widely anticipated games of the year.

It's also been proven that DaS3 has also been fully translated and early copies have even been given out like candy to whoever proclaims themselves a 'streamer'. The only reason for its late release is fiscal year jewery by Bamco.

Basically, you are a good goyim op.
>>
This whole "gotta explore the game with muh COMMUNITY" meme is pretty dumb

Just play the game without constantly browsing reddit on the side

I played both Dark Souls and Demon's Souls years after the initial release and it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the games in the least
>>
>>333036535

>This whole "gotta explore the game with muh COMMUNITY" meme is pretty dumb
> played both Dark Souls and Demon's Souls years after the initial release

How can you say it's dumb "meme" if you've never experienced the wonders of Souls threads in the first week after release?
>>
>>333036696
Because I played Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne on release?

Not how it says "played" as in I "played" the video game instead of upvoting my favorite secrets on sheekyforums

How come this series is the only one where people feel like someone else playing it before them somehow takes something away from their enjoyment?
Guess what, even if you play it the minute it comes out there are countless people that played it before you and countless people that start at the same time and finish the game and find all it's secrets before you do.

Do you people just lack the discipline to play the game without an open wiki?
>>
>>333036938
*Note
>>
Its 100% logical to be somewhat upset about it. Now anything past that is autistic as fuck and shows the person has hardly anything else to their life.
>>
is there any bigger sign of being a millennial yourself or just an autistic 30 year old that lives with mom and dad than to call other people millennials? lmfao
>>
>>333037371
"Millennial" is anyone born after 1980 so being a 30 year old millennial is very much possible
>>
I don't mind Japs getting the game 3 weeks early.
I don't mind Japanese speaking people buying the overpriced copy off the JPN PSN.

I do fucking mind the retarded ass twitch streamers getting it LOCALIZED in ENGLISH with functioning and UP TO DATE PATCHES 3 FUCKING WEEKS EARLY, SPOILING EVERY FUCKING ONE.
>>
File: 1403192933563.jpg (102 KB, 835x650) Image search: [Google]
1403192933563.jpg
102 KB, 835x650
As someone who plays a lot of fighting games and jRPGs, I find this whole mess of crying pretty funny.

This is literally nothing compared to waiting for a game to go from arcade to console (with there usually being a gap from JP to NA console).
>>
>>333037562
What???!?!?

The press and twitch streamers get a video game early???

This is unheard of! I am outraged!

Fuck me and now I'm forced to watch all the streams since there is literally no option not to do that, curse you Bamco!
>>
Yet "let's players" and other e-celebs got western copies of the game weeks before the west release.

Fuck Namco Bandai
>>
>>333037663
t. lirik sub
>>
>>333037690
Yeah they shouldn't have put out any trailers either, I got totally spoilered when I had to watch those.

Fuck Bamco how dare they market their video game
>>
>>333037949
Uh, I didn't say anything about spoilers? What's wrong with you. They could publish the western version at the same time as the japanese, that's it. I only mentioned the let's players because they are the prove that the english version is finished, but yet they delayed the release with no reason.
>>
>>333036938
/thread
>>
Does anyone know if this game keeps the "kill enemies 10-15 times and they stop spawning" mechanic from Dark Souls 2?
I actually liked that.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU INPUT COUPONS ON GREEN MAN GAMING GOD DAMN

I HAVE A 20% OFF COUPON THAT I CAN'T EVEN USE
>>
File: Capture.png (32 KB, 845x214) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
32 KB, 845x214
>>333040149
And before someone says to use it in the vouchers field
>>
>>333040107
Extermination is gone.
>>
>>333036242
1) Way less people played DeS than DaS 3 when it came out

2) Streaming wasn't as popular

Also the Souls games are quite lore- and exploration-heavy. Having spoilers up everywhere you go ruins the experience for a lot of people

>b-but reviewer copies always existed!

Yes, but they didn't put the gameplay up 3 weeks earlier for everyone to see
>>
>>333040329
I actually opened a ticket about this. Rep sent me a message saying it's not applicable to DaS3.
>>
>>333036242
It wasn't even known if Demon's Souls was going to be localized before it got its cult following. Sony outright refused to publish it in the west and Atlus had to step in.
>>
>>333036431
They have to translate the game first before recording the dialogue, so really, the game was always translated
>>
I thought japan doesn't even like this series

why sell it there first
>>
>>333043072
I just used the SPRING20 one to pre-order das3 like 5 days ago.
>>
>Preordering

Don't forget to buy the season pass too!

Good goyim.
>>
There are people playing it in usa right now
>>
>>333036242
Learn to spell pussies before lecturing other s you ass blasted moron, demon souls was new so it was expected, dark souls is a big franchise now and should be held to another standard.
>>
>>333044446
There is literally no difference between buying the game in two weeks and preordering now, all the information about it is already out there.
>>
>>333044446
Yeah. I'll buy it in a year or so. When it's patched and modded to playability and I can actually buy the entire game.
>>
>>333037562
>SPOILING EVERY FUCKING ONE.
>this retarded

DON'T
O
N
'
T

FUCKING
U
C
K
I
N
G

WATCH
A
T
C
H

IT!
T
!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.