[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Study economics. >Marketing class. >Bunch of geeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1410547945561.jpg (47 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1410547945561.jpg
47 KB, 500x667
>Study economics.
>Marketing class.
>Bunch of geeks suggest video games as a topic.
>Prof is cool with it an randomly assigns tasks.
>I now have to write a 10 page paper and hold a 20 minute presentation on why the Xbone is the best gaming system.
>>
>>333033528
sounds like a shit uni if true
where at?
>>
>>333033626

>sounds like a shit uni if true

How come?
>>
It objectively isn't. Worse sales, worse perception, lower performance, fewer games.
>>
>>333033791
why wouldn't you be tasked with ascertaining the quality of the system instead of just being given it
>>
File: its an Apple.png (2 MB, 2852x3487) Image search: [Google]
its an Apple.png
2 MB, 2852x3487
>>333033843
oh yeah, tell that to APPLE
>>
>>333033791
real academia rightfully looks down upon vidya

should be reading books nigga
>>
>>333034037
man its a marketing class you're supposed to market it you're not supposed to give a shit about how good it actually is
>>
>xbone
Then its easy, you just have to make up bullshit about it. But the nerds on your class might be sonyggers so get ready to shit on them if they complain
>>
>>333033843
>>333034037

>Missing the point.

If it's a marketing class it's obviously about marketing. Lying your ass of in a professional way is the goal.
>>
>>333033528
Why are you making this up?
>>
Just talk about cloud technology for 10 pages, piece of cake
>>
>>333034241
this. that's the fucking point. you need to argue that it IS objectively the best, even though it isn't.
>>
>>333034296
It sounds perfectly believable, I took a marketing class once and everything was about fellating Apple, Microsoft and the Wii
>>
File: xbone.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
xbone.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
Talk about how it's the next water cooler. Insta win.
>>
>10-page paper marketing something
That's not how marketing works.
>>
>>333033528
Yes, and?
If you want to be a marketeer you'll have to market shit you that know is actual shit.

Grow up, fuccboi.
>>
>>333034513
Why? I had to write a shitty 20 pages paper making all kind of boring market analysis and customer profiling for some shampoo
>>
>>333034703
I got the impression OP was just talking about "marketing" as in advertising. Not analysis.
>>
>>333034863
But marketing is not only advertising
>>
>>333033528
Pick up your nuts anon, it's a UNI, i bet others had to argue the case for PC or Ps4. Your assignment is to make a good argument supporting the xbone, regardless if you agree or not. What? you think you're still in junior high?
>>
>>333034474
Seriously, to this day I don't understand what MS marketing was thinking.

Also reminded me of when Nintendo shoved that incompetent marketing woman onto the E3 stage at some point during the Wii era.
>>
>>333035179
there's a difference between arguing a point you disagree with and arguing a point objectively wrong.

The Xbone can't be marketed as a product unless in a vacuum or to a pre-existing fanbase. It has no strong points that something else doesn't do better.

If he had to market the PS4 I could see that being an interesting assignment, even marketing the Wii U or the DS or even a fucking PC could work.

The xbone? No.
>>
>>333037462
99% of the crap sold on the consumer market has no strong points and neither does anything better than its competition, the role of marketing is creating in the customer the idea that it does
>>
>>333033791
it's like saying
why amarica is greatest country in coldwar era?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.