[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to have played the 4 (FOUR) other Divinity games to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Do I need to have played the 4 (FOUR) other Divinity games to understand Original Sin? Also what's the difference between Classic and EE?

I don't want a repeat of the Witcher where I played through both games and read the whole book series (The games were alright though the books were shit other than the first two).
>>
Original Sin is the second game chronologically I think, after Dragon Commander so not really
>what's the difference between Classic and EE?
EE has improved everything, it's not worth playing Classic at all
>>
You should play divine divinity and divinity 2 director cut, they're legit good.
Dragon commander is meh.
Beyond divinity is hot garbage.
>>
>>333029326
Does EE have enough to warrant a second playthrough?

I got about 3/4 of the way through, but my builds are terrible and want to reroll, but not if it's the same thing all the way through.
>>
>>333030612
This man knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>333030612
whats wrong about beyond? I keeps seeing how it's shit but isnt it just like DD?
>>
>>333034162
It has a large area that is pointless dungeoncrawling (though thankfully optional), some bad voice acting and less charm than the first game. Your forced companion is not to everyones taste either.

That said I somewhat enjoyed it. Its really, really rough but not the worst shit ever.
>>
>>333029184
Nah.

But Original Sin is probably weaker than Divinity 2/Divine: Divinity.
>>
>>333030612
This man is correct.
>>
>>333034518
It also lags like shit, is buggy, and controlling the 2 characters is fucking horrible.

>>333030612
Divinity 2 Directors Cut is a bit slow for me I think. Divine Divinity is absolutely great except a lot of shit is broken or underpowered and the loot system is annoying. You can get uniques with nothing on them, 2 useless stats, 3 good stats but roll values, or 4-5 insanely good rolls, the range is ridiculous, and you need to be careful about what you open or mousing over items on ground (or even just pressing hotkey to show all items, even if they are on a different floor but the same map) because they can be permanently rolled earlier than you think.
>>
Divinity Original Sin takes place before Divine Divinity happened, so all you'll miss are the namedrop references.

>Arhu, the white cat
>Zandalore, the best wizard ever
>Bellegar, the more best wizard ever
>hey Thelyron weren't you in the bottom of the dungeon in Divine Divinity?
>REAPPEARING YET AGAIN, ZOMBIE JAKE!
>>
>>333034921
>loot system is annoying

It's fun to game though.

Quicksave right before mousing over a guaranteed item, and you can reload to get crazy stats.
>>
>>333034967
>Zandalore, the best wizard ever
Is he still "literally Gandalf" in the sequels?
>>
Basically. Zandalore was an Elminster/Gandalf joke.
>>
>>333035060
>>333035121
>>
>>333029184
Just play EE in tactical mode.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.