[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After all these months i'm still pissed, seriously, they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
File: dialogueF4.png (769 KB, 903x458) Image search: [Google]
dialogueF4.png
769 KB, 903x458
After all these months i'm still pissed, seriously, they really fucktup the dialogue system, WHY?
>>
File: 1235-1-1448244916.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1235-1-1448244916.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>333003832
PC Master Race chuckles at the console gaming peasants.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?
>>
>>333003832

Because they had a voiced protagonist, retard.

Did you really want to read everything that your character was about to say, and then listen to them repeat it verbatim?
>>
>>333004429
Yeah just because it isn't a circle fixes the problem. You have to completely rewrite the game
>>
>>333004429

Holy fuck are you stupid? It remains 4 forms of Yes. Not a single mod will fix the horrible writing and dialogue options in the game.

>PC Master Race chuckles at the console gaming peasants.

Fuck off neo-pc fags.
>>
>>333004615

Are you retarded? Those are the full dialogue options.
>>
>>333004758
>>333004615
Fucking idiots. I'm directly addressing OP's problem with the dialogue SYSTEM. Not the script, we know it's shite. Nothing can fix a broken story. Not even Doom music.
>>
>>333004791
Yeah, but it's always going to be limited to four dialog options. The problem isn't the wheel itself it's what the wheel caused.
>>
>>333004429
>implying this improves it
>it's still YES SARCASTIC YES RELUCTANT YES OK YES
>>
>>333004943

Pretty sure the bulk of Fallout 3's dialogue options were 4 or less branches as well, so if that's your problem then go find BETHESDA SUCKS BAWWWWWWW thread #4879201 and bitch there.

we all know that you guys will still put in 300 hours, which is why you care enough to either make a fallout thread or post in one
>>
>>333004898

Fuck.

So instead of

YES
YES YES
YES

It's

YES
YES
YES
YES

It doesnt' fucking matter how the dialogue system works or looks, because it's still 4 fucking answers you will always be giving. Who the fuck gives a shit if it looks like the previous games if the core itself is fucking garbage.
>>
>>333004429
yes
yes
sartastic yes
bye
>>
>Sarcastic
>>
>>333004429
eugh, you entitled pc players make me sick!
>>
>>333003832
Because today's gamers don't have the attention span or reading ability to actually read dialog

Or at least that's probably what those niggers thought. Fuck the MC having a voice actor, too.
>>
>>333004429
It's gonna take a complete rewrite and redesign to fix this game's dialogue, because not only does it need to be written in with more options, those options need to be implemented in game
>>
>>333003832
The idea that they thought a voiced, strictly-defined character was a good idea for one of their style of games is still baffling to me.
>>
File: 1355204249531.jpg (15 KB, 250x181) Image search: [Google]
1355204249531.jpg
15 KB, 250x181
>>333003832
>Playing Fallout for dialogue and edgy choices

>>>/vr/
>>
I saw the direction they were headed with Oblivion. I didn't like it, so I haven't played a Bethesda game since. I already had to mod that game to hell and back just to make it bearable, I can't imagine myself playing one of their modern releases.
>>
>>333004429
You honestly thought his complaint was with the UI, you stupid motherfucker?
>>
File: you're welcome.jpg (36 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
you're welcome.jpg
36 KB, 500x451
>>333003832
"I like what we’ve done with the dialogue system… and having played Fallout 3 again recently I keep, in Fallout 4 when I’m playing, I keep hitting the button to leave dialogue. I keep forgetting, ‘Oh, I can just walk away’. I don’t have to wait for this guy to stop talking’. And now I’m playing other stuff, where there’s dialogue and I’m thinking, ‘Oh, I wish I could just walk away’. Because I don’t have the attention span for long dialogue!"
>>
>>333004457
Yes?
>>
>fallout 4
>4 dialogue options

FUCKING GARBAGE CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO THIS SERIES

>Fallout 3
>4 dialogue options

WHY CAN'T MORE GAMES BE LIKE THIS HERALDED CLASSIC
>>
>>333006507
>fallout 3
>heralded classic

good one m8
>>
>lookin for my kid
>kid?
>... what about my kid
>wonder if this leads to my kid
>>
>>333006507
Mate, nobody here enjoys the Bethesda Fallout games. You'll find some who like New Vegas, but that ain't made by Bethesda.
>>
>huge AAA studio
>not fucking shit up to appeal to a wider audience and make more money
>>
>>333006728
Contrarianism has always been a staple of 4chan, but on /v/ it's metastasized to the point that it's killed any chance of ever discussing anything in good faith ever again.
>>
>>333004457
But you can do that without fucking it up this badly.
Bioware, cd projekt, Telltale, they can all manage this fine.
Bethesdea did it about as badly as Obsidian, and they had the excuse of being one of the first with nothing to use to see whats a good idea and what isnt.

There are benefits to a voice protagonist, but only the most basic are seen in Fallout 4, no long speeches from the main character, nothing that they say aloud really resonates other than maybe talking with Shaun and Kellogg? But even then, thats all forced and doesnt let you react many ways, when they could have done so.
>>
It was just a stupid story to tell in the first place.

>my kid is kidnapped!
>wait lemme just finish up 50 other hours of content before I get around to that
>>
>>333007498
What's even worse is the premise that you were alive before the nukes fell. My guy wakes up and it takes him all of thirty seconds to adapt to a post-apocalyptic wasteland where giant mosquitoes are trying to take a bite out of his ass. Nobody really gives a shit about talking to him about what it was like Pre-War when he's a priceless source of information and probably couldn't walk two steps in Diamond "City" (a fucking trailer park with a population of 20 people and a noodle stand) without someone pestering him with questions.

God this fucking game makes my blood boil. Do they have retards writing it or do they just pump this shit out fast as possible for the money.
>>
>>333007813
reminds me of that pic of the Skyrim "capital" that had like 20 houses
>>
>Do they have retards writing it or do they just pump this shit out fast as possible for the money.

>fallout 3
>where's my dad

>fallout 4
>where's my son

its both laziness and money. its fucking blizzard levels of laziness and recycling.
>>
>>333007813
>What's even worse is the premise that you were alive before the nukes fell.

I think that's a totally valid premise they could have done some interesting things with.

You know, instead of what they actually did.
>>
>>333005214
as opposed to before where your options were

>yes
>no
>snarky no
>I don't want to talk right now

who gives a shit?
>>
>mfw i don't give a shit and I like my fallout the way it is so ha
>mfw that was a long mfw
>>
>your face when people who actually love fallout will never get another NV or anything good for that matter
>your face when 13 year olds who only know about the vault boy are the new demographic

I should laugh because I know beth will never made a good fallout but eh..

the whole thing makes me sick

actual fans will have discussions late into the night here over lore, but 13 year olds with ps4s and crusty booger nose are more important? shit
>>
>>333008389
>who gives a shit?

People who wanted Bethesda to *improve* their dialogue instead of putting a shiny coat of paint over bad dialogue?
>>
>>333008389
your options were not limited to those choices in the previous games.
>>
>crap dialogue
>crap mission structure
>barely any roleplaying

How am I suppose to play as the man that will end the world on his own when I only have the choice of bowing down to others?
>>
Any sex slave mods? Monster rape?
>>
lets see FO4 had better

setting
exploration
crafting
companions
gunplay
side missions
enemy variety
gaphics

Obsidiandrones will try and dispute this
>>
>>333009934
The GECK isn't even out yet, so no.
>>
>>333010323
>crafting

lol

you would've got someone if you left that one out

also obsidiandrone isn't a thing. it's literally a conjuration of little faggots like this who think trolling people is epic
>>
File: 1456283598446.jpg (32 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
1456283598446.jpg
32 KB, 288x339
>Reviewers praised the dialogue system as a step forward in the right direction
>>
>>333010651
>can't even prove me wrong
typical obsidiandrone
>>
>>333010323
But the dialogue was awful. The rpg elements were almost completely absent.
I think F4 is a great game, but its still painful to see what they did to it. It could have been greater without too much extra effort on Beth's part.
>>
>>333003832
The dialogue wheel was quite literally the least of my complaints.
>>
>>333004457
How about we don't have a voiced protagonist so that the writing isn't hindered.
>>
>>333004457
It's almost like having a voiced protagonist was a bad idea in the first place.
>>
>>333012620
>>333012864
I don't buy it. Lots of games have done voiced protagonists well. I find it very strange not to have my character voiced (when they are voiced in general). I find it very strange to play totally mute characters like in Dishonored.
>>
>Yes
>Sarcastic Yes
>More Information
>Reluctant Yes
>>
>>333008030
>playing fallout for the main questline and not the sidequests

>fallout 1
>I need to find the water chip

>fallout 2
>I need to find the GECK

The main quest are not important in the slightest in any fallout game.
>>
>>333010743
>Reviewers praised the dialogue system
of course they did, zenibeth has lots of money to throw around for reviews. they threw a red carpet hollywood launch party for a fucking video game and paid a bunch of celebrities who have no idea what fallout is to show up for it.
>>
>>333012994
Non-voiced does not equal mute. In the game's reality, they're speaking, even if the player doesn't hear it.
>>
>>333010323
>companions
>side missions
Nice try but no.
>>
>>333003832
>they really fucktup the dialogue system, WHY?
>>333004457
>Because they had a voiced protagonist, retard.
>>333004758
>Holy fuck are you stupid? It remains 4 forms of Yes. Not a single mod will fix the horrible writing and dialogue options in the game.

Someone post the NWN2 screenshots with 4 yes answers which was made by glorious epic devs known as Obisidian.

Oh and doesnt even have voiced protag.
>>
>>333013373
uh
>>
>>333004898
>Not even Doom music
What a blast from the past. I haven't seen that used in years.
>>
>>333012994
It is possible to have a voiced protagonist done well in a RPG but it really hinders the writing unless it is a JRPG but then whats the point.
>>
>>333013604
How does it POSSIBLY hinder the writing? You write the fucking stuff they are going to say and then someone reads it.
>>
>>333003832
the same shit they did with skyrim

>reduce customization options
>reduce "complexity"
making fallout stupidly simple to pick up and play while sacrificing gameplay at a large
>>
>>333013659
>How does it POSSIBLY hinder the writing?
Well in fallout 4 having an actor means that they can't write as much dialogue for the main character as they could if the protagonist didn't have a voice actor, look at Fallout 1 and 2 they are moment wear there were two screens worth of dialogue all because no one had to actually say it.
>>
So does Xbone or PS4 have mods for this game yet? I don't own a console, so I haven't heard if they have mod support yet.
>>
>>333013993
Well, I was going to argue that that is really a budgeting issue, because you *could* pay the actor to actually say the entire thing that has been written, but I'll concede that this could be construed as a hindrance to the writing
>>
we were hyped for the dialogue when we would miss a speech check and it would be like (Science: 33/50 - FUCK YEA NEUTRONS )
Like Stop Taking The High Road With Your Shit Bethesda Not Every Fucking Human Is Fuckin Proper And Dosent Have Dumb Shit To Say To Shit. Charisma: 12/20 - FUCK YOU AGREE WITH ME BITCH!
>>
>>333014195
No, the creation kit isn't even out yet. Of course, that hasn't stopped PC modding at all though. And even when the consoles do get mods, it's just going to be things like simple reskins
>>
>>333014528

that and I assume Microsoft and Sony are going to monitor mods to make sure no explicit shit gets into their mods.
>>
>>333010323
>lets see FO4 had better
>setting
it's all a jumbled mess that makes no sense. The two major towns are completely surrounded by tons of raiders, gunners and and suicidal supermutants with mini nukes. It was pants on head retarded, but the weather and better lighting was good.
>exploration
The fighting is all it had going for it to keep walking around exciting. There was very little to actually see or do.
>crafting
There is no good loot so they had to do something to keep you grinding and walking around killing shit
>companions
The companions are the only quality part of 4 because the side missions are shit and so is the main quest. The companions are the only people in the game with even a hint of a personality and yet they are written more poorly than the companions in NV.
>gunplay
Yep
>side missions
Not even close.
>enemy variety
Yep
>gaphics
No shit sherlock
>Obsidiandrones will try and dispute this

You didn't even mention the better art work or the almost impressive enemy animations and the way Ghouls throw themselves at you, dodge and flail about as they get shot up. Same with the Synths and the robots. They did a good job with those enemies. Taking on a group of ghouls crawling out of places, or trying not to get blown the fuck up by some robot can be exciting. It's just a shame they didn't put that kind of care into most other parts of the game.
>>
>>333014630
Oh yeah. They've already said that consoles can't get any nude mods or any copyrighted material.
So all those nude and sex mods that litter the nexus and loverslab? Consoles can't touch them
Or maybe you saw some of those funny Skyrim mods like someone fighting Thomas the tank engine with a lightsaber? Well too bad, you can't have anything like that either
>>
>>333013403
DID YOU BRING ME A DRESS?
>>
>>333014654

I really hate the crafting/settlement part of Fallout 4. The leveling up system feels like it's full of useless shit except for the stuff that allows you to craft better shit.

Then you have to go around and fucking constantly search for fucking material.
>>
File: fallout 4.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4.jpg
519 KB, 1920x1080
so much choice
>>
>>333014932
How about her actual quest where she goes through an existential crisis on whether or not she should stay with the Brotherhood

>also ED-E nuff said.
>>
File: 198437194.png (179 KB, 477x333) Image search: [Google]
198437194.png
179 KB, 477x333
>Fallout 4's dialogue inspiration
>>333015089
>>
File: 1414959104540.jpg (15 KB, 216x232) Image search: [Google]
1414959104540.jpg
15 KB, 216x232
>>333004457

And they could have chosen not to, just like the rest of the Fallout titles, and given proper writing and dialogue like New Vegas.

>>333006045

YOU KNOW THE WORST PART?

THEY'RE GOING TO KEEP THIS SHIT IN FOR THE ANY DLC, OR ANY SEQUELS THEY MAKE.
IT'S NOW GOING TO BE A STANDARD FORMAT FOR THE FALLOUT SERIES.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.