[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time you went to the arcades? Pic related,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Metal_Slug_(cover).jpg (35 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Slug_(cover).jpg
35 KB, 316x316
When was the last time you went to the arcades?

Pic related, last game I play, is more fun than having it emulated.
>>
Probably a few years ago, arcades are dead here so tough luck, thankfully we have mame.
>>
I think uh, 2011.

Chinatown fair. There aren't many around anymore so I just don't go, Nathans is around or something, but I don't want to drive all the way up there for some Time Crisis. I'd just go to the library or something.
>>
>>333000260
Today actually i played soul calibur 2 and time crisis 3.
>>
>>333000940
wow, where exactly you live? my arcade doesn't have soul calibur
>>
There's one about a three hour drive from where I live. I played Area 51 the last time I was there.
>>
>>333000260
Sorry for the e celeb shit but i can't fucking believe Super Bunnyhop shit on the first three MS in that last video
>>
Anyone here play metal slug attack or metal slug defense?
>>
>>333001456
that's what happens when you see youtubers
>>
I went to dave and busters for the first time recently
I thought it was an arcade type place
its just chuck e cheese w/ beer
no desire to go back
>>
>>333000260
2003 in reynosa mexico. Played one of the king of fighters on a bootleg cabinet
>>
File: magazine-tease-6514.gif (479 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
magazine-tease-6514.gif
479 KB, 500x310
>>333002308
>bootleg cabinet
are those the ones with a big list of games to play?
>>
https://youtu.be/VXSDbCZ5utI?t=245

>you will never go to an arcade like this
why live?
>>
>>333002397
Yeah neo geo bootlegs cabinets were popular there at least in the 90s and early 2000s idk about anymore
>>
>>333002469
they have a few of them here, they have plenty of games, even ones that weren't brought in the west, not many play them so there is always a spot free
>>
File: 1454279604625.png (923 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1454279604625.png
923 KB, 1252x1252
fucking south by southwest had a free play arcade with 3rd strike, a dual screen head to head version of alpha 3, MK2, SF2 and based time crisis 3, that was icing on the cake that was the melee tournament I went to watch in the first place.

before that though? years for sure unless you count 3 machines at a pizza place (outrun 2006, metal slug 3, area 51) and 1 machine at a movie theater (also time crisis).

the laundromat by my house has a SSF2 Rainbow Edition cabinet but the joystick itself is wired wrong so I don't even consider it to work. Nothing can match my face the first time I saw E Honda do hundred hand slap in the air and shoot a yoga fireball out of the slaps though.
>>
>>333000260
last month

japan arcades are awesome
>>
roadtrip, had to stop in the middle of some town in tennessee due to a snow storm.

spent the day in a empty mall playing mrs pacman in a empty arcade
>>
File: 1441391316192.gif (938 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1441391316192.gif
938 KB, 500x281
>Month ago
>went to the arcade
>DBZ fighting game
>today I go to the same arcade
>no longer there

I thought we mexicans love DBZ, how can they do this blasphemy?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.