[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Normal is actually hard >can't fucking do any damage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: pillars-of-eternity-pc-web.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
pillars-of-eternity-pc-web.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
>Normal is actually hard
>can't fucking do any damage to non-creature enemies because accuracy and whatnot and they seem to have infinite amount of magic use
>Enemy priests and their pillar of faith spell with fuck you entire party up
>They also seem to able to spam infinite amount of healing spells

Fuck me

How do i fucking play this game
>>
>>332995790
get good.
>>
>>332995790

Having trouble with the Raedric fight, OP?
>>
>>332996537
I actually went through Raedric fight, somehow

it's after him the enemies get tougher or something
>>
>>332996643
have you played this kind of games before OP?
>>
>>332996712
define those
>>
>>332995790
Six rangers.

Pets tank melee shit and rangers shoot silly casters. Win the game.
>>
>>332995790
use choke points. also, use items like potions and food
>>
Problem is: I can't seem to do much damage to those enemies

so the fights become stalemates until i run out of spells and skills
>>
>>332996776
The ones that you need to get the thing that counter the other thing, in order to not die.
>>
Well you need to give us your party and what fights you are having trouble with

As a general rule, I always run a Darcozzi Paladini paladin for the +5 passive party accuracy modal buff. Making them Darcozzi Paladini allows you to upgrade their liberation ability that gives one member +15 accuracy. Plus I run priest with high int that gives +10 accuracy to the party for 20 secs if you upgrade their special ability. I also tend to give high perception to my non front liners for more accuracy though I prioritize int and dex more since it's always good to have more debuff and buff time on anything and getting the first hit. Priests also get another +20 accuracy buff later on that stacks with that ability.

For damage, I rely on wizard's chill fog early game though I also use slicken on groups and then nuke them while their defenses are low and I take no damage. I also have a druid to complement my wizard but they get useful once they get their lightning storm moves that stun on hit though the sunbeams are good.
>>
Pause constantly

that's literally the entire method to getting good at the game

pause whenever an enemy is casting a big spell
pause whenever you want to cast a spell
pause when you think your backline is about to be hit

game is piss-easy even on hard difficulty
>>
>>332997062
I haven't played this game, but this sounds like your party sucks or something.
>>
>>332997362
What the anon said, if you haven't pause the game, you are pretty much asking to get your anus blasted.
>>
>>332995790
I steamrolled hard with 3 Ciphers channeling Ectopsychic Echo onto a flanking frontliner. Later on you can further fortify that same flanker with Pain Block.
>>
>>332997062

If enemy casters are giving you trouble, then you can usually bait their tanks into rushing your party while their squishies hang around undefended at the back, casting spells. If the battlefield allows for it, you can then send some quick strikers like rogues or rangers around back to fuck them up before they can get too many spells off. Ganking the wizards and priests as soon as possible will turn the fight into a battle attrition with their heavies, one that you will generally win.

If you're having trouble killing the heavies, then try forgoing straight-up damage for more lateral disablers, like paralysis or mind control. If these tend not to work, remember that accuracy is used for ALL attacks versus a particular save - thus, increasing your bonus to hit is just as important for that Dominate or Knockdown ability as it would be for a sword or arrow.
>>
if you have aloth in your party then you may or may not know his initial spell selection sucks. add slicken to his grimoire asap
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.