[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it true /v/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: kek.png (11 KB, 999x538) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
11 KB, 999x538
is it true /v/ ?
>>
File: 2313.png (3 KB, 263x89) Image search: [Google]
2313.png
3 KB, 263x89
>>321790078
no
>>
>>321790078
It forces me to give them a go more unless it's one I was unable to find legit.

For example Dark Souls, I am pleb, haven't played a difficult game in years, but because I paid money for it I felt more impetus to get my money's worth.

But with Path Of Radiance I appreciated it one hell of a lot and it was one of the only things I played for a few weeks straight.

fallout 4 I pirated, an I despise the game, it reeks of effort in all the wrong places and if I bought it I'd hate myself for supporting that shit.
>>
yes. I have never beaten a game I pirated.
>>
>>321790078
I think it is. I'm more likely to go back to a game that didn't grab me at first and give it anothet try if I paid for it.
>>
>>321790469
it has probably been bought on sale and is an indie game or some shit
>>
>>321790078
No. Almost half of my steam library is games I've never touched and the ones I've finished are generally those that I bought after pirating them first and seeing that they're good.
>>
>>321790078
Somewhat, since you already spent something on it
>>
>>321790078
Legitimately owning something that you earned with hard work, is far more satisfying than cheating your way to get it. It's why cheatcode pokemon feel less worthwhile than legit mons.
>>
sunk cost fallacy
>>
In a way, yes. I did a ton of research on games before committing to buying them, resulting in a smaller but better library. It's nice seeing them on a shelf instead of buried as generic icons somewhere, though I do emulate some older games on my Wii (not shelling out for old cartridges with battery issues, sorry). Older games also came with nice manuals, so there's that too.
>>
I suppose that if you are invested in a game in a concrete way, via spending on it, you may treat it a bit more seriously than if you haven't.

now, if you like things that you bought a bit more than other things, you might suffer from post purchase rationalization.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.