[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can you play to help cope with sadness and depressive thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: depression-and-gaming.jpg (160 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
depression-and-gaming.jpg
160 KB, 650x366
What can you play to help cope with sadness and depressive thoughts?
>>
you can play the depression video game

every time you feel sad, take another drink
>>
>>332988568
thats not video though
>>
STALKER
>>
>>332988437
Mount and Blade: Warband

It satisfies a mans inner need to conquer and seek glory in an age where it's no longer viable.
>>
Depression Quest.
>>
File: 1378529600678.png (2 MB, 2330x2850) Image search: [Google]
1378529600678.png
2 MB, 2330x2850
STALKER
>>
>>332988437
Play whatever you can. It's a slow process, but it gets your mind off of things.
Something where you can grind for a few hours is best. I know most /v/ users shit on them, but Skyrim and Borderlands are great time killers. Rpgs and rogue-likes as well. Get better anon.
>>
File: Mariko and Tomochin 1.jpg (18 KB, 350x286) Image search: [Google]
Mariko and Tomochin 1.jpg
18 KB, 350x286
>>332988437
>The girl i've always liked and who rejected me back in high school suddenly starts texting me
>Says she wants to hang out with me
>She's so gorgeous and is surrounded by rich alpha guys
I think she got pregnant and wants some chump to abuse, i might be too cynical but i just can't believe it.
I'be been working very hard to be alpha and i'm much greater now that when i was in high school but i don't know.
What do you guys think?

I recommend DMC and fighting games if you're good at them for this feel, they make you feel great.
>>
>>332989201
stay the fuck away from her anon.
>>
>>332989464
But she's so beautiful and smart...
But to be honest eventhough now i'm fit and i worked on my social skill when it comes down to it if we're talking about a woman i really really like i freeze, i can't even bring myself to reply to her text.
Let's see what happens.
>>
>>332988437
xcom ufo defense with mods and stuff on the open xcom modern compatibility thing
>>
>>332988437
Maybe put down the games for a bit. That can help
>>
Max Payne Triology
>>
>>332988437
umineko
>>
Max Payne is actually a good suggestion, albeit by Max Payne 3 you'll want to cheat because my god it's such a fucking repetitive series.
>>
a gun
>>
Undertale. Fucking Undertale. Holy shit fucking Undertale.
>>
Max Payne, TF2 game mode severs, GMod game mode servers.

Also, shonen anime. The last is a guilty pleasures of mine. When I'm down, I just want to self inject into a non-sensical adventure full of side characters.
>>
>>332991298

He didn't say he wants to kill himself.
>>
>>332989974
Get back to her. Not replying is a loss no matter what. At least if you reply and it turns into nothing, you'll know for sure. Do it.
>>
>>332991625

This is true. Makes you feel considerably better afterwards though.
>>
I play something comfy with lots of animu waifus when I'm having a depressed episode. Make sure you get some exercise because it helps. I also used to drink all the fucking time but haven't since I started an exercise routine several months ago.
>>
>>332991784
Sure i will bro, thanks.
There are many reasons to be suspicious about this sudden interest in me but i will go out with her to find out what does she really want. Actually her thick mexican friend always liked me but since i prefer small/skinny white girls i always turned her friend down, that's why i always thought she hated me. I'm really confused right now.
>>
>>332992608
She already turned you down once, she isn't interested in you. She just wants some guy to boost her ego by licking her boots.
>>
>>332992779
Remember what i said about being more alpha?
Back in the day i was that kind of guy who would keep complimenting a woman and put pussy on a pedestal but not anymore.
I will try to at least get some sex, with no romantic expectations. That would be very hard since her gaze is all i need to melt...but i will try.
>>
>>332993341
You might think you've changed, but when you see her you're going to immediately revert to the person you were around her before, especially since you've put her on such a pedestal.
>>
>>332988437
I'd recommend either Persona 4,
>>332991298
or
>>332990168
though, desu, the last one is probably the best idea.
As for >>332989201
No. This is a bad idea. Go out and get a grill who'll take you the first time, don't chase after high school cunts.
Rough, but hey, you asked for advice.
You mostly sound like you're fishing for affirmation of pursuing her, though, so good luck.
>>
>>332993502
Actually you're right, the moment i read her message i could feel how i transformed to my old self right away. She can destroy my alpha mode with just some words.
>>332993772
I have more options but the only girl i like more than her doesn't like me back.
My connection with her is so strong because after me she was the best student in my class and a smart woman is hard as fuck to find.

I know in the end i will fall in love with her and who knows what might happen then but i think is better than picking one of the girls who is after me and not be happy with her.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 564x883) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 564x883
Any of these:

Gitaroo Man
Journey
Something with co-op, like Little Big Planet or Portal 2
Tearaway
Pikmin or other first party Nintendo games

Mindless games:
Dynasty Warriors/spin offs
Platformers with basic spatial reasoning and charm, like Thomas Was Alone or Sound Shapes
Peggle

And these are geared more toward the obsessive-compulsions-wrought- through-depression types:

Monster Hunter
Minecraft (lol)
RPGs in general

Or anything with a lot of gameplay and a lot of space.

A game like The Last of Us is great for depression, especially if you can empathize with the characters.

Stay away from competitive stuff like fighters. Super easy to get triggered.
>>
>>332994535
Excellent taste.
>>
>>332988437

Alcohol and Gust Sound Team.
>>
>>332988437
Honestly, the Ace Attorney Trilogy kept me going when times were rough.
But its very story-driven with some puzzles, which may or may not be for you
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 477x689) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 477x689
>>332989201
>girl texts
>she wants the dick

Why dude, why? And then stating that you're an alpha and thinking up wild reasons that she'd bother texting you?

Ey man, you're insecure. You came to a depression thread and you're clearly not satisfied with one or more major things in your life.

Do you know what you want?
Why?
How can you get it?
Is it worth it?

Having honest answers to these opens up a new can of worms.

Lists can be helpful. Helps to organize your thoughts. Try to live outside of your mind. Putting words on paper is a solid first step.

Oh uh, and women are people, man. Try not to think of women as "other." Try not to fish and angle into cringeworthy lines like "YOUR BOYFRIEND MUST BE LUCKY" etc. Talking is not a test. It's not life or death. Most women just want someone who is smart/cute/funny and has their shit together. Being genuine is the way to go. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.