[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck can't I stop coming to this website?? I spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
Why the fuck can't I stop coming to this website??

I spend hours here every day yet I have no fun. I go do something else but I inevitably end up back on here after only a few minutes. I think I'm addicted to this fucking imageboard and I hate it.

Also, what do you think of Hyper Light Drifter? It's pretty boring to me.
>>
HLD is a shit game
>>
>>332988232
play more games
>>
>>332988232
>Buy first dash upgrade
>Only realize 30 minutes later that I can infinite dash

I'm actually hyper light drifting now!
>>
Fuck off.
>>
>>332988365

>I am literally drifting on hyper light
>>
>>332988232
git gud
>>
>>332988365

>I am currently lighting my hyper drift
>>
I've been here for 8 years for the same reason so get used to it OP
>>
>>332988365

I'm presently hypering my drifting light
>>
>>332988365

Wait hold up, you can infi-drift with the dash upgrade? I skipped it.
>>
File: hld boss fight.png (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hld boss fight.png
286 KB, 1920x1080
>>332988232
I like Hyper Light Drifter. The gameplay is solid, challenging, and rewarding. The music is atmospheric and fits well with the game (though I wish that boss battles at least had hype music). The coloring and art for the game looks really pretty and helps give it that scifi aesthetic, and I like how the game has a show, don't tell policy with regards to its story.
Currently 5 hours in and beat the bird boss recently. Now that I've beaten the frog and the bird I'm heading south. Apparently I suck at the game though since some people are beating it within 4 hours. On the brighter side of things
>there are people that actually think the bird boss is hard
>>332988365
I still can't figure out how to do that kind of dashing successfully. Also I realized that playing on a controller works better for this game, but I noticed that L3 actually does stuff in the game and this is a problem since my controller is slightly damaged. Why does L3 do stuff in this game? Its literally a useless button and I keep accidentally fucking up because the game sometimes thinks I'm telling it to do something when I'm not.
>>
>>332988232

/v/ addiction cannot be explained by science, it's amazing how I come back to this place despite being disgusted

>>332988809

You can. It's a lot of fun
>>
>>332988809
That's literally the point of the upgrade, and it should be the first one you get.
>>
>>332988868
>I still can't figure out how to do that kind of dashing successfully.

It has a really tight timing. After 3 dashes you go fast enough that drifter will not stop at ledges or walls with the leniency he normally has (you crash into them or fall off).

The dash shop has a room that tracks your best dash string. My best was 18 after 5 minutes of practice, almost 30 after a while.

There's a room in East side before you find Not-Protoman where to go over some fire platforms you have to infini-dash through twice.
>>
File: disc.jpg (56 KB, 403x400) Image search: [Google]
disc.jpg
56 KB, 403x400
>>332989058
First one should be the heavy hit just because it makes bosses way less tedious.
>>
>>332988868
>there are people that actually think the bird boss is hard
The moment I stopped dashing all over the place like a retard, that boss fell over quickly. Walking and sidesteeping the waves was much easier.

>I still can't figure out how to do that kind of dashing successfully.
The first 3 are the worst. At around the 6th or so the timing is consistent.
Seriously, that room exists to practice. I wasn't told this was possible, and the room felt odd so I stayed a while to figure it out. So when I found out I could do it, and practiced for some consistency I felt like I went through some anime training and learned a new special ki blast move or something.
>>
File: HLD chain dash.webm (3 MB, 872x480) Image search: [Google]
HLD chain dash.webm
3 MB, 872x480
>All these people who can't drift properly
Git gud
>>
>>332989487
>>332989075
All right, I'm starting to get the hang of it, but how do you keep from sliding when turning?
>>
>>332988232
/v/ is like a slot machine. You're almost always guaranteed to lose(shitposts) but every once in a while some sperg who genuinely loves games comes in with some really interesting/insightful comment that is hard to find everywhere else where people are expected to filter and conform to social conventions. That comparatively rare event fools you into thinking that if you just stick around long enough you can improve your win rate or at least recoup your losses by finding that "jackpot"
>>
>>332988232
What >>332990410 said but also This place isn't a echo chamber so you get differentiating opinions on subjects and games you wouldn't find anywhere else. Though you must wade through the shit to get them.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.