[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is your ideal star wars game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: 1429498380925.png (957 KB, 917x533) Image search: [Google]
1429498380925.png
957 KB, 917x533
what is your ideal star wars game?
>>
Metal Gear Rising with lightsabers.
>>
>>332983617
SWTOR but actually good and with better, more "realistic" art direction

I just want to roleplay in the Star Wars universe
>>
swtor's imperial-agent storyline, but with better gameplay.
>>
SWBFIII with BF:EA graphics

New non-linear Bounty Hunter game featuring Boba Fett
>>
>>332984268
Umm, I think your looking for Kotor.
>>
>>332983617
rogue squadron with this generations graphics
>>
battlefront (not Jewlectronic Arts)
>>
>>332984675
I mean MMO roleplaying with tonnes of other people in a living breathing world
>>
pre cu swg with updated graphics and more content
>>
>>332984675
No. He meant TORtanic.
Many people wanted it to be good.
So many in fact that there are still Biodrones to this game who are putting themselves through some of the deepest denial. Believing SWTOR is the perfect MMO.
>>
>>332983617
I would love a Star Wars RPG that lets you play as a rogue Jedi during the Clone Wars. Kinda like KotOR 2 but with real-time combat.
>>
Obi-Wan was the pinnacle.

>no sequel ever
>>
File: 1387594112185.jpg (191 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1387594112185.jpg
191 KB, 1024x768
I want to be able to captain starships. I want to cruise through space in a Star Destroyer and take out rebel scum and pirates.
>>
>>332985279
you can do that with empire at war tho
>>
>>332984268
Star Wars Galaxies was awesome
>>
File: Star_Wars_Galaxies_Box_Art.jpg (24 KB, 263x375) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Galaxies_Box_Art.jpg
24 KB, 263x375
>>332984268

You missed it, bub.
>>
All I want is a new Jedi Knight/Academy.

What's so wrong about that?
>>
File: 1440990246221.jpg (197 KB, 642x1048) Image search: [Google]
1440990246221.jpg
197 KB, 642x1048
massive action rpg with non-shit melee combat and gunplay

you don't play as the chosen one or savior of the galaxy or anything like that

multiple factions with realistic faction relationship (think new vegas but not buggy and more involved), including:

>bounty hunting guilds (a couple)
>cartels
>jedi order
>sith order
>light/dark side cults or followings that arent necessarily jedi or sith

ability to make your own career through these factions, as in

>can smuggle stuff for different employers; maybe the republic wants you to smuggle some munitions
>can hunt bounties for different employers; maybe the sith want you to take down a certain politician
>maybe the hutts want you to raid a certain supply line
>maybe you want to trade between certain worlds and make loads of space dosh

incredibly customizable ship that you can call your home but actually need to travel across the galaxy

maybe like a dozen planets that all feel like actual planets rather than small provinces in space

really customizable weapons, armor, clothes, speech options, skills, etc

none of this will ever happen

seriously, how in the fuck is there not a modern star wars RPG in the making? It's literally the biggest cash cow and easiest universe to make it out of

same with LOTR for that matter. Fucking disgusting
>>
Concept of KOTOR meets Jedi Knight.
Visuals of the new Battlefront or better.
Open extendedness of an MMO meets choose your own adventure game.
Tight story chains that are unraveled based upon your choices.
>>
>>332983617
Ace Combat in space
>>
>>332985634

>seriously, how in the fuck is there not a modern star wars RPG in the making? It's literally the biggest cash cow and easiest universe to make it out of

There probably is. Thing is, EA has the Star Wars rights and EA owns BioWare so have fun with your squad of pansexual jedi diversity enforcers.
>>
File: NO.png (469 KB, 1024x566) Image search: [Google]
NO.png
469 KB, 1024x566
>>332985567
god damn it

I would hate you for reminding me of that but the jewel case is sitting 10 feet away from me.
>>
>>332983617
Star Wars: Battlefront [DICE]
+ seamless Space Battles
+ "new" trilogy, including the great battle of the Clone-wars
+ adding actual good voiceactors
+ driveable ATATs
+ fitting character costumes for the heros/villans
Lukes green lightsaber on Hoth...
- shitty starcard system
+ adding back the class system, but keeping the "free to chose" gun system
+ adding option for VR
- paid DLC, just add that shit for free

that would probably be the perfect game for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmh15mJOsXU
>>
you will always live on in our hearts, rest in peace old friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQnVdPSqIZY
>>
>>332984282
it was surprisingly good, it just suffered from a major case of "MMO developed by Bioware" syndrome

some of the missions and plotlines had really good ideas thrown into them, but of course the gameplay and basically everything past the idea fell flat

the final twwwEEEEst where hunter was *GASP* a girl still surprised the shit out of me. Imagine if a dev that could actually competently come up with plotlines had that "final end game twist" real estate open. Couldve been amazing
>>
File: luke op pls nerf.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
luke op pls nerf.webm
2 MB, 854x480
It looks like EAFront, but it had 10 years of dev time and a competent team who cared about games
There's shit like enter/exit animations, Movie Battles 2 lightsaber combat, and huge ARMA/Planetside type battles.
>>
>>332985634
>maybe like a dozen planets that all feel like actual planets rather than small provinces in space
If you want the setting to be really fleshed out then it should be set on one planet plus it's moon and a few space stations. You could have the game take place on Nar Shadda or Tatooine and give the player the ability to explore the planet's surface in their ship or speeder.
>>
>>332987062
The least they could have done was add a few more lightsaber swinging animations. Luke looks retarded in this webm.
>>
File: luke gets rammed hard.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
luke gets rammed hard.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>332987486
I think, somehow, they had not planned for there to be more than two or three people for Luke to swing at in a row
>>
File: IMG_20151006_204010~3.jpg (50 KB, 320x353) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151006_204010~3.jpg
50 KB, 320x353
NEEDS to run on Valves "Source" engine
>>
>>332983617
The force unleashed but with actually technical combat.

so basically star wars: dmc edition.
>>
>>332983617
Bounty hunter action rpg with great itemnization like weapon and body armour parts. A better destiny like game but with in deep arch class type. Anyone remembers global agenda from hirez? That was quite fun.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.