[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have you ever refused to buy a game you otherwise wanted to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1275194913917.jpg (120 KB, 946x788) Image search: [Google]
1275194913917.jpg
120 KB, 946x788
have you ever refused to buy a game you otherwise wanted to play because you were mad about something?

>didn't buy sc2 because no lan
>didn't buy persona 4g because dub only
>didn't buy bravely defualt or dungeon travellers 2 because censored

I also never buy dlc or spend more than $40 a year on f2p games.
>>
>>321789372

Stopped buying Ubisoft games after they came up with Uplay.

Stopped buying EA games after they started to slice their games in parts and selling the rest as Season Pass. I was interested in BF4 but 110€ for multiplayer game is way too much (60€ base game + 50€ season pass).
>>
>>321789372
Yeah, all EA games after they fucked up Dragon Age 2 and launched Origin. I will never get to play Mass Effect 3.

Activision games, because of some stupid shit years ago that I barely remember. I missed out on some okay Transformers Games.

Blizzard after they started talking about making everyone use real names. Nothing of value was lost.

Rockstar Games after they started Social Club.
Fuck them. They don't like PC gamers anyway.

Nintendo. They took Mario away from 2d platforming and turned it to the shit-fest that was Mario 64. Ditto Zelda. I would have been okay with it if they had also release traditional Mario and Zelda but they were like all fuck that.
Still salty.

Square Enix after they started fucking up Final Fantasy.
>>
>>321789372
I broken my EA boycott once in the last ten years to buy Dead Space and I though it was a pile of shit.

Also, why is everyone suddenly posting that stupid boycott picture from years back. Is everyone on a fucking nostalgia trip or too young to remember.
>>
>>321789372
I didn't buy Undertale because it's a meme game dev'd by a Phil Fish 2.0 Twitter warrior.

I don't buy anything that's Origin exclusive, never installed the client, never will.
>>
>>321792574
Nahh just follow the 1 year rule with EA, there games can be good but never at launch, and at their inflated prices.
BF4 was great when I played it, the new sims eventually became free from online shittery, etc. Just wait for price drops.
>>
>not pirating games you are boycotting
Why? Name at least one good reason
>>
>>321789372
>I also never buy dlc or spend more than $40 a year on f2p games
>spend more than $40 a year on f2p games

joke thread?
>>
>>321792121
What video games do you like?
>>
>>321794676
They're obscure, you've never heard of them.
>>
>>321794676
I get it. I have culled like half of all good vidya with that list. I might still enjoy the game if I play them at a friends place or something, I just won't buy them myself.

Civilization, Kerbal Space Program, Dwarf Fort.
Just preorderd Dragons Dogma, I also like roge-likes. I am just got Elite: Dangerous and thought to give that a try.

There are tons of games out there still.
>>
>>321789372
I am legitimately boycotting all EA products. Not difficult since all they put out is pure garbage anyway.

Also Ubisoft if it requires uplay or whatever the fuck.
>>
>tfw joined the boycott L4D2 group on steam
>90% of its members playing the game on release
>ended up buying it a few weeks later
thanks for reading
>>
I refuse to play neo nintendo games because they are mediocre and not fun and do not have challenging gameplay
>>
>>321789372
Didn't buy Xenoblade Chronicles X because censorship.

Didn't "buy" Windows 10 because consumer-rights-raping botnet.

Didn't buy Bloodborne because I didn't like Dark Souls 1/2 that much, they were okay at best, so even though I own a PS4 I'm not really interested.
>>
>>321789372
Not really. Nothing in the video game industry is capable of making me care enough to even get angry.

The closest thing I could say is that I never buy EA games at launch, but that's more because it's simply more cost-efficient than because of any hatred toward the company. Just wait a year, and it'll be either in the bargain bin or rereleased at a lower price point with all of its DLC packs prepackaged in and the bugs ironed out.
>>
>>321789372
Super Smash Bros for Wii U, I felt like they were exploiting it for amiibos and not because it's a Smash Bros game.
>>
>>321797607
I dropped nintendo after brawl and tp being blunders to me as being a fan of nintendo since the nes and snes era

I see the era of nintendo now and I say I am glad I left before this shit happened.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.