[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOOM closed beta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: overhyped.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
overhyped.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>Launch the DOOM closed beta
>Bethesda log starts
>freezes
>plays 5 frames
>freezes again
>DoomClosedBeta.exe has stopped working
>The fuck is this shit bethesda and id? The actual fuck?!?
>>
You need to update your drivers.
>>
>>332964307
>expecting betheshit to work ever
>having good expectations for anything come out of the bowels of zenimax
>>
cont.
>Go to google for help
>End up on the Bethesda forums
>They tell me to delete microsoft essentials
>Their developments also fucked up Fallout
>Not related but still
>FUCK BETHESDA
>>
>>332964307
https://youtu.be/IVFS3QP5u5c
Runs fine for me.
>>
>>332965275
Okay, Todd Howard
>>
Reminder that Gamestop is giving away Doom beta codes for free all weekend. Just walk in and ask for one. They have codes for PS4, Xbone, and PC. This was hardly advertised at all, so there's no chance they've run out by now. These are completely free. No pre-order necessary.
>>
>>332966467
Or just go to Amazon, make a pre-order, wait 1-2 minutes for a beta invite email, and cancel the pre-order.
>>
This happened to me as well. Just restart it a few times and it will stop.
>>
File: 1384964886264.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1384964886264.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>332964307
>be OP
>be a fucking idiot
>can't just open up steam
>DOOM Closed Beta
>properties
>launch options
>+com_skipIntroVideo 1
>>
>>332964307
played one round and uninstalled immediately after. It's so fucking basic and boring. Everyone just hordes the demon power and half the times I died was to the fucking bullet sponge demon
>>
>>332967563
>being shit at a classic style shooter
>>
>>332967817
>calling this a classic style shooter

theres nothing "classic" about it. it's pretty much the definition of tacked on multiplayer
>>
>>332967817
>acting like this game isn't total trash
>>
>>332967964
It's amazingly fun. Maybe you should try it out instead of pretending that you have formed an opinion on it after one game where you got destroyed because you're apparently shit at games in general.

>>332968025
>acting like you have any idea what playing it is like
I, too, assumed that it wouldn't be worth the time it took for me to download it. I had no expectations, I just joined my brother to have something to do for an hour. Instead I've been stuck playing it for 20+ hours now.
>>
>>332968176
calm down todd
>>
>>332968176
>amazingly fun

ok the shills are back
>>
>>332968176
I remember my first multiplayer fps
>>
File: 1346150501840.gif (2 MB, 284x222) Image search: [Google]
1346150501840.gif
2 MB, 284x222
>>332968364
>>332968468
>>
>>332968176
You provided op's filename to be correct, blindly following the hype and being told something is going to be good by Todd Coward's team.
>>
>>332968570
CoD: Ghosts really wasn't a good videogame.
>>
>>332968729
there isn't such thing as a good video game
>>
>>332968589
is that (you)?
>>
>>332968176
nah it's shit
>>
>>332968176
>Shilling this hard
Pathetic.
>>
>>332968715
>>332969049
>>332969167
>>332969192
>the gameplay is excellent even if slower paced than some games like Quake or Unreal Tournament
>10/10 map design with tons of hidden- and vertical areas to abuse
>killing dudes is satisfying with most weapons having great sound effects and designs, and everyone generally explodes into chunks of meat when slain
>unique twists on typical gamemodes, and so far only two in the beta, but examples below
>TDM with a demon rune spawn that gives your team a temporary advantage (which is dropped on death for the other team to pick up), playing as the demon (the apparently now mascot Revenant) is crazy fun
>there will be even more weapon options in the full game
>plenty of customization options for your unique soldier and all guns
>surprisingly good graphics with only one or two unlikable monster designs (with singleplayer gameplay videos in mind)
>solid 60fps that has not once dipped below it, and 120fps has been confirmed for release
etc
>>
File: 1386784541122.gif (939 KB, 180x155) Image search: [Google]
1386784541122.gif
939 KB, 180x155
>>332969626
>examples
>S
>PLURAL
>forgot the second example

>warpath is king of the hill but with the holding area constantly moving all over the map, so there's no shit like easy camping for one side going on
>>
>>332965275

>ledge grabs
>slow movement
>loadouts
>Announcer calls power ups and armors

Wow... this is even worse than expected.
>>
>>332965275

That looks great. How do I join this closed beta?
>>
>>332969626
thanks todd
>>
>>332969869
>Go to UK Amazon (works if you use an US account as well)
>pre-order the game
>wait a few minutes
>receive beta invite on email
>cancel pre-order
>install, play
>>
>>332969860
also the announcer is microsoft sam
>>
>>332970032
I miss the bored "I wanna kill myself" tier announcer from the old closed beta.
>>
>>332965275

Demon mode has a timer? Thats so disappointing.
>>
>>332969869
stick a shotgun in ur mouth and pull the trigger
>>
>>332969860
>ledge grabs
They take less than half a second to perform and have saved me from falling down the wrong ledge. They don't even happen often since you can just double-jump onto most places anyway, so it's more like a safety measure or a very quick helping hand to get you up on a specific platform.
>slow movement
I agree. Wait is this a downside?
>loadouts
I don't mind it, and the map editor will let you set rules including no loadouts and weapon pickups. Also, the strongest weapons such as the Gauss Cannon are pickup only.
>Announcer
Yeah he's kind of ass. It's the only consistent complaint most people have with the beta. Informative, but so BORING to listen to.
>>
>>332964307
>fov65
>melee does like 85% damage
>super shotty does less than 50% damage unless within melee range; then instagib
>rocket launcher does no splash damage outside of a 3 foot radius

this leads to consistently being melee killed by people right next to you that you cant see because of low fov, getting the jump on people with the super shotty, getting two good shots in, and getting killed by either a melee you didnt see or someone who was following you
>constant mouse acceleration makes precise aiming unbearable
>unplayable without vsync

seriously, the low fov and garbage melee makes this unplayable. its actually worse than halo

brb updating UT playing with bots is more fun than this
>>
>>332970191
I find it balanced as it is, and I feel that it would be overpowered as hell if it lasted much longer. It's powerful but not difficult to deal with either - it has 300 health but no armor, and can even be glory killed for extra amusement and instant stealing of the power-up.
As mentioned above, when the Revenant player is killed, it drops the power-up for the other team only, for about 5 seconds. Then it becomes neutral again. The power-up that is dropped has the remaining time left on it though.

Other power-ups include Haste (double attack- and movement speed) and Quad Damage (4x damage, duh). Some weapons can one hit kill the Revenant with Quad Damage.
>>
>>332969860
There's literally nothing wrong with ledge grabs.
>>
>>332968176
The loadouts ruin it. Why are the only spawns one weapon and two power ups? Why is ammo universal? Why are grenades cool down powers?

This isn't a classic shooter in the slightest. All the weapons are inoffensive farting tubes with no kick to them. If they were buffed and only obtainable via weapon spawn, it would be much better.
>>
I'm having fun, thought this would be generic. Surprised at the hidden shit within the maps. Kinda disappointed by the shitty 343 halo armor shit though.
>>
>slow
>loadouts, no pistol start
>more hitscan weapons than projectile, hitscan is more effective
>no stack differences because you only have 100 hp / 50 armor max
>no knockback for rocket juggling and pinning with shaft
>no movement tech like strafe/circle/bunny jumping
>no duel mode

i want to punch anyone who says this is similar to quake in the face.
>>
>>332970646
>fov slider confirmed for release
>melee does 35 damage on a target with no armor, and will only glory kill below 20 (I think) health
>super shotty is balanced and the go-to combo switch weapon that most good players i face use
>RL is kind of underpowered but can always be buffed

>git gud
>>
>>332970830
The loadouts are fine. Most modern games use loadouts because it lets people play with the weapons the actually enjoy using. As mentioned above, the map editor will let you disable loadouts and use weapon pickups instead, if you wish (and I expect tons of maps to be made this way).
>one weapon spawn
>two power ups
Beta. Plenty more content is coming on release.
>ammo universal
Wasn't it in the original games? I don't remember, haven't played them in like 20 years...
>grenades
Fuck that shit, I use the teleporter, it's infinitely more useful.

>this isn't classic
It plays like a slower Unreal Tournament with some different other mechanics.
>>
I was weirded out by the fact that you can recolour weapons because I thought it would make the weapons change colour when you pick them up.

Apparently there are no weapon pick ups aside from one power weapon. Fuck this bullshit.
>>
>>332971001
let me explain why youre a faggot
>no fov slider now: game is unplayable NOW
>melee does way more damage than that and is in the top 3 most effective weapons in the game, easily
>super shotty is completely useless and shouldnt be a fucking secondary weapon
>rocket launcher is shit NOW

my opinions express how unfun the game is to play now

all weapons need a boost in firepower and movement speed needs to be increased. thats the major problem. its too slow and most weapons dont do enough power
i direct hit from a rocket isnt an instant kill. how fucking retarded is that?
>>332971261
it plays infinitely worse than UT and not just because of the speed and fov. the weapons are hilariously shittier. the alt fire is almost completely useless 95% of the time the maps are designed around impossible to miss ledge grab double jumps, and the leveling system and power up system is a garbage joke
>>
>>332970767

It stops the whole momentum.

Not like there's many to begin with, the whole movement on the game is shit but this just stops everything.
>>
>>332971261
I'd be fine with loadouts if they were restricted to two or three starting weapons, like a pistol or that weak-ass shotgun from the E3 gameplay. The problem is when you make mid tier weapons like the super shotty or rocket launcher loadouts weapons, they need to be declawed for balance.
>>
File: 20160402153507_1.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160402153507_1.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
>>332971482
>unplayable
You're just shit. Everyone I've played it with has loved it and consistently played well in it. Pic related I guess.
>melee does literally 35 damage
I've kept an eye out on it and it never does more. There's an example in my video posted above somewhere, don't make me look for it myself because I'm lazy though.
>super shotty is an amazing combo weapon, literally everyone uses it because it's GOOD
>yes?

Your opinion is idiotic. Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>332971752
>beta
>>
http://imgur.com/a/KXqId
Here's the advanced settings, currently locked out of the beta.
>>
>>332971949
>Implying they would radically rebalance the game to that degree.

Name one AAA shooter that has had a drastic change like that between public beta and release.
>>
>>332973052
Then
>map editor
As mentioned above
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.