[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started MGSV. Why does each level have opening and end credits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 1455069474191.jpg (33 KB, 468x424) Image search: [Google]
1455069474191.jpg
33 KB, 468x424
Just started MGSV. Why does each level have opening and end credits?
>>
>>332952281
Because Kojima wanted each mission to be like an episode of a TV show.
And there's a lot of filler episodes
>>
>>332952281
because video games are fucking dead
>>
>>332952281
Because it's funny
>>
Because kojima is leaving and he wanna make sure people know whos to credit
>>
File: 1444129315625.png (57 KB, 756x620) Image search: [Google]
1444129315625.png
57 KB, 756x620
>>
So it only increases the disappointment once the final credits roll and it takes you a moment to realize the game ended.
>>
Is the PC Version okay/playable?
>>
>>332955612
>Not Guest Starring: Dante from the Devil May Cry Series
This image is ruined.
>>
>TO BE CONTINUED!
>Literally the next mission
>They do this twice
>>
>>332952281
What does the last part of the image even mean?
>>
>>332959247
Peace Walker did it before every boss fight too

And why wouldn't it be the very next mission, that's what continuing is
>>
>>332959313
Flash/DC reference I think.
>>
>>332955612
this basically.
he wanted to put his name everywhere as much as possible.
>>
File: [vibrating intensifies].webm (2 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
[vibrating intensifies].webm
2 MB, 512x384
>>332959313
The actor in the image plays Harrison Wells in The Flash tv show, he's actually Eobard Thawne - the Reverse Flash - who reveals himself to one of the main, well-liked characters and kills him by vibrating his hand through his chest
>>
Kojima trying to be "deep".

I tried playing that game, seeing if all /v/'s heat was deserved, and now I understand. Everytime the camera slowed down again to show some new "epic" moment or powerful characters made poses and had cool camera angles to show off, I rolled my eyes.

If you don't believe me, try watching Snake and Fedora Skull talking in the car then going silent awkwardly looking at each other while the climatic music still goes on. Or scenes with little psycho mantis. Or the "heartwarming" and "poetic" Quiet's moments of her sperging in the rain or whoring in a bathtub.

Can't quite pin-point it, but the game is full of cringe-worthy shit (and I dislike using the term).
>>
>>332960054
Quiet just made me feel awkward. I should have saved myself some trouble and just killed her immediately.
>>
Nobody told him that Alone in the Dark for PS3 was fucking shit
>>
>>332956315
Its great
>>
Because Kojima is fucking weird and nothing he does really makes sense
>>
File: KOJav.jpg (58 KB, 604x390) Image search: [Google]
KOJav.jpg
58 KB, 604x390
Kojima decided to say "fuck you" to konami
>>
Because Kojima is a hack and wanted his game to be as devoid of surprise and excitement as humanly possible.

>start missing
>STARRING THE SKULLS PARASITE UNIT
>mission still acts as if it's supposed to be surprising when they show up
>OMG SNAKE WATCH OUT THOSE GUYS LOOK REAL DANGEROUS
>>
>>332960054
>Or the "heartwarming" and "poetic" Quiet's moments of her sperging in the rain or whoring in a bathtub.
>Can't quite pin-point it, but the game is full of cringe-worthy shit (and I dislike using the term).

Fucking this beyond all else. Quiet especially was the most cringey thing in videogaming for a long long time. Possibly the #1 cringiest thing of all time. She felt so forced and useless. The fact that you can execute her on the spot says it all. Terrible character who serves no purpose.
>>
>>332956315
Runs pretty good.
I can get 40~70fps 1080p even in my 750ti toster.
>>
File: 1369931904209.png (353 KB, 503x446) Image search: [Google]
1369931904209.png
353 KB, 503x446
>>332961134
>"Snake, you have to extract White Mamba, leader of child soldier unit"
>White Mamba? Maybe it's Liquid
>"Starring: Eli "White Mamba""
>>
File: smokey.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
smokey.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
>>332961134
>start honey bee mission
>starring MUH SKULLS
>SAHELALAHTH
>SKULL FACE
>>
Because hackjima and his ego wanted to ruin any possibility of surprise.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.