[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrated Steam recommendation thread? Also adding Cat Goes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: floor is jelly.jpg (72 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
floor is jelly.jpg
72 KB, 460x215
Underrated Steam recommendation thread?

Also adding Cat Goes Fishing, From Dust, and Deep Under the Sky. All indie games but very comfy.
>>
Out There Somewhere was short but pretty fun.
>>
File: 856852835825.gif (770 KB, 351x184) Image search: [Google]
856852835825.gif
770 KB, 351x184
>comfy games

I want this meme to die.
>>
>>332952939
Just another term for casual gaming: indie edition.
>>
Starpoint Gemini 2
Literally Sid Meier's Pirates in space
>>
In my experience, indie games tend to be overrated for their entertainment value. I think a lot of people just have the bar really low for them and are surprised when they're not total dogshit

I think the most underrated game this year is probably Far Cry Primal, was mostly panned by users and critics but I'm enjoying it
>>
Dustforce
Cloudbuilt
Environmental Station Alpha
Jamestown
Legend of Grimrock 1&2
Risk of Rain
Spacechem
Valdis Story
Super House of Dead Ninjas
>>
>>332954220
Forgot Grim Dawn, my goty 2016 so far.
>>
File: header-1.jpg (116 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header-1.jpg
116 KB, 460x215
Oniken is solid too.
>>
File: NIDHOGG.jpg (8 KB, 328x153) Image search: [Google]
NIDHOGG.jpg
8 KB, 328x153
>>332952107
The Floor is Jelly had nice aesthetics, but it really needed a map. It was kind of like Fez, a nice little play on platforming mechanics, but this had less to offer in terms of variety of ideas, or environments, and it was even easier to go in circles. I liked playing it for the hour or two that I did, but I can't imagine going back to it.

I highly recommend The Swapper. One of my favorite puzzle games of all time, great visual identity, and a surprisingly good story.

I know it's pretty well known, but I don't hear people talk about Spelunky very much, and I've been playing the shit out of that game. It's like a platformer version of Binding of Isaac (in fact it was the other way around, BoI would not exist if not for Ed's love of Spelunky). Incredibly hard at times, but always fun.

Apotheon has a really nice style, a decent story, nice mechanics, and great multiplayer. The biggest drawback is that nobody plays it. If not for the multiplayer it would be entirely forgettable, but that's just because the AI is a little to dumb to be challenging.

Nidhogg is a perfect pick up and play competitive game. It's like ninja fencing mixed with rock paper scissors and tug of war. Incredibly well balanced, always tense. If the online worked it would be one of the best fighting games I've ever played. As it is, it's a great game to play with friends.

A Good Snowman is Hard to Build is a really well made puzzle game, the only drawback is that it's too short.

Startseed Pilgrim is a fantastic game that's hard to explain. You basically grow a garden out into space as a black hole consumes the ground behind you, so you're always pressing forward against the void. Really great.

I thought Evoland was a pretty interesting experiment on RPGs, still have to play the second one. You open chests that unlock new RPG mechanics so you start out playing something like the original Zelda, then play though every iteration of RPGs until you get to stuff like final fantasy 9, ect.
>>
>>332954220
>underrated
>list some of the highest rated games on steam
>>
>>332954209

It's these little $4.99 games that you randomly come across and decide to buy and then love.

>>332954760

I've only gotten lost in Jelly a couple times, but eventually found my way back. I've got like 15 hours of play time on it, probably about 5 or 6 full play throughs. Just a very peaceful game.
>>
>>332953637
Fucking sold.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Before the Echo is pretty good. Rhythm game/RPG with good music
>>
>>332952939
comfy is a term for a game that's so boring it literally puts you to sleep
>>
>>332956715
a game can be boring without being comfy
>>
>>332956825

Most of Nintendo's recent releases do this.
>>
i got this in the latest humble monthly, i didn't think much about it but i watched the trailer and i'm pretty interested to play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzxm4WtVUt0

anyone played the magic circle?
>>
>>332956715
I remember I felt asleep while playing Eurotruck Sim 2, I kinda feel bad for real truckers, it should be a dangerous job
>>
>>332952107
Reassembly
and SPAZ
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329130/
>>
>>332957568
it's hard to fall asleep while eating
>>
>>332957180

Fuck off sonypony. What are you even doing in a comfy game thread anyways?
>>
someone recommend me a comfy platformer
>>
>>332956715

Or it's a term for a game with nice visuals and a good soundtrack where you can play for hours and not even notice.
>>
>>332957751

What the fuck is a Nintendrone doing in a good games thread?
>>
File: Element4l.jpg (70 KB, 750x350) Image search: [Google]
Element4l.jpg
70 KB, 750x350
Element4l, puzzle platformer where you transform into 4 elements to move around. It feels super good to move around in it, you can build up high speeds and airtime if you're good enough.
>>
>>332957882

Grow Home.

Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA, but emulate it).
>>
>>332957882
Environmental Station Alpha is more a metroidvania than a platformer but it's really comfy, you should try it.
>>
File: header.jpg (30 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
30 KB, 460x215
80 days is a nice comfy game, you travel around the world as Passepartout.

You will meet a lot of strong women of colour who need no man, oppresive white men and also females who identify as men and viceversa because, COME ON, it's 1872!
Also you might discover you were gay all along and that you want Phileas Fogg thick british cock in your french boypussy.

It's still a nice game...
>>
Q.U.B.E
Subnautica
D4
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Mark of the Ninja
Ori
Volgarr the Viking
Papers Please
>>
>>332959583

also Fishing Planet

Comfy as fuck for fishing
>>
>>332954220
>Cloudbuilt
God damn came in this thread because I was sure no one posted it. Great game if you want to go fast
>>
Bummer Punks is pretty fun. Didn't buy it not really sure if it's worth the 13.50 but it's definitely not bad.
>>
>>332952939
That gif screams Tumblr.
>>
File: strike-suit-7.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
strike-suit-7.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Strike Suit Zero

always wondered why this wasn't recommended more often
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.