[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does playing online on PSN require a subscription now? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
Why does playing online on PSN require a subscription now? Is Dark souls 3 multiplayer going to be dead on arrival or can developers choose to have a paywall?
>>
Only online only games with their own sub (FF14) and free to play games that let Sony take a bigger cut from microtransactions are exempt from the PS+ requirement..
>>
Because Sony lost 3-4 billion dollars on PS3 and much of their consumer electronics division is performing poorly or mediocre. They need the gaming division to be the massive never ending cash cow it was in the PS1 and 2 era so that music and insurance isn't the only thing propping them up.

So you'll pay for online, you'll pay for a new [underpowered] console ever 3 years sold at a profit from day one, and you'll get remasters at $59.99 [until they raise that, too, which is coming very shortly, goyim].
>>
Just pay poorfag. It's like barely anything.
>>
They can make aspects of it free but Sony probably forces devs into not doing it fully for retail games so they can make gaymurs pay twice for their internet
>>
>>332950691
>Dark souls 3 multiplayer going to be dead on arrival
We aren't talking about PC, boye
>>
File: wwwwwwwww.jpg (55 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
wwwwwwwww.jpg
55 KB, 620x350
>pay twice for internet
>pay twice for the console
GREATNESS AWAITS AGAIN AND AGAIN
>>
>>332951535
What are you, poor?
>>
>>332951247
Yeah, thats really what ticks me off. Because we're paying say, 79.99 for dark souls 3. Another 50 bucks for internet (thats literally the best deal in my city) and then the psn sub on top of that. Thats a lot of money for someone who works minimum wage, has to pay for rent, food, and a cat.

Then if i put the game down for awhile and feel like playing for a few days. "Oh shit. My subscription ran out, gotta renew" im now guilted into spending all of my time playing something with online in fear if being wasteful with my money, just because i wanted to enjoy the full souls experience as i did in demon souls and dks 1 and 2.
>>
File: premium shit.png (38 KB, 578x712) Image search: [Google]
premium shit.png
38 KB, 578x712
>>332951693
>>
>>332951883
Stay mad PCfat, you will NEVER EVER play the definitive Souls experience: Bloodborne
>>
File: paid online.jpg (230 KB, 878x1235) Image search: [Google]
paid online.jpg
230 KB, 878x1235
>>332951693
>>
File: happy salesman.gif (3 MB, 359x346) Image search: [Google]
happy salesman.gif
3 MB, 359x346
>>332951232
>are you poor? show me you're not poor by giving me money or I will let others know you're poor and you will feel embarrassed!
>you should feel ashamed of yourself and give me money to prove how rich you are

I wonder who's behind this post...
>>
File: lol.jpg (115 KB, 509x501) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
115 KB, 509x501
>the amount of ps4 owners who desperately try to defend their console by calling people with common sense "poor"
>>
>>332951971
>roll to win: the spin-off

OH MY GOD BEST COMBAT SYSTEM EVER!
>>
>>332952027
>free games while your subbed

Topest of keks
>>
>>332953359
I have one and it's only good for easy accessibility but shit for games seen as the only 3 currently worth playing on it/able to buy is GTA , BO3 , BF4
>>
>>332953486
>being stuck with DS2, sit behind the shield the game
I almost feel sorry for you PCucks
>>
It won't be dead because people have already bent over and accepted the raping that is the online paywall.
>>
>>332950691
Because Microsoft did it with the Xbox consoles that's way. Unfortunately it's another follow the leader mentality in the Game Industry, copying what ever the main competitor is doing.
>"They are paying for online!?"
>Sony: "Sign Me Up!!"
It's making cash for absolutely nothing and if I remember correctly the Xbox Live connection for me was exactly the same as PS3 so there wasn't any difference from if ya payed or didn't.
>>
>>332954079
>>332953486
>>332951971
literally all of you are idiots
>>
>>332951232
if he had money, he wouldn't be playing multiplatform games on consoles
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.