[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are videogames still important to you? Because i am starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
File: videogeimsu.jpg (95 KB, 639x600) Image search: [Google]
videogeimsu.jpg
95 KB, 639x600
Are videogames still important to you?

Because i am starting to stop caring about them.
>>
>>332930387
Why do you start a thread about this on /v/ then? Go outside and do something productive!
>>
Videogames aren't art. As long as you treat them as dull entertainment then you'll never stop liking them.
But try to treat them as art and you'll be continually disappointed.
>>
I don't think i'll ever flat out stop playing video games.

Maybe i'll play them considerably less in the coming years but i will never just stop. I still have moments with them where i genuinely find joy playing them, though those moments are becoming rarer and rarer.
>>
>>332930387
>Because i am starting to stop caring about them.
It's because you're missing out on all the jap only games because you're an EOP. Do your reps and you too can have fun forever.
>>
>>332930387

No, I stopped caring about them ages ago, only play New Vegas and Stalker occasionally now.
>>
I care more about video games than starting a family, finding a girlfriend/high paying job or whatever it is normies want. It's actually a mystery to me how people care about those things when you can stay in your comfy home and play games/lift weights/watch anime/shitpost all day, it's literally heaven.
>>
>>332931004
Why do spegs act like lifting weights isn't a normie thing?
>>
>>332931082
Normies just pretend to lift weights while spending 4 hours at the gym playing with their phones, it's not the same.
>>
>>332930623

This is stupid, I never treated them as art and they still bore me
>>
>>332931224
Keep telling yourself that captain normie.

I bet you're not even a virgin.
>>
>>332931224

Yes, everybody knows spergs are fit and muscular, and that every big guy you see in the street is actually an anime fag
>>
>>332930387
its like alcohol for others. i get drunk with games and forget about other problems in my 3rd world country and in my life in particular.

im very old
>>
>>332930387

How does she sit on the floor so long without her legs going numb?
>>
>>332930387
They're still my favorite hobby about 17yrs later

Find a meme game like Culling or Duck Game to play preferably with friends senpai if you want to renew your love of vidya
>>
>>332931295
I am a virgin actually, also please do not call me a normie.
>>
>>332931501
shes no obese, sooo
>>
File: bestsleep.png (140 KB, 240x470) Image search: [Google]
bestsleep.png
140 KB, 240x470
Most of the triple-A stuff seems like complete shit now, but I'm still finding a few things to play beyond those, even though the majority of that is weeb games.

Still older stuff to play, too.
>>
>>332931608
Shut up normie.
>>
File: 1455494077270.png (202 KB, 453x435) Image search: [Google]
1455494077270.png
202 KB, 453x435
>>332930387
I'm getting burnt out on modern vidya. I look at the new releases and nothing interests me.
>>
I care about videogames but not about playing them
>>
not lately, no. putting in nowhere near as much of my free time into it as i used to.
christ i just got done playing an hour of sid meiers pirates! because i felt like i should do something 'fun' but couldn't find anything recent or engaging enough to play.

i feel like video game time is going to just become nap time soon, tbqh. never had another hobby that took anywhere near as much time, so that seems like the only likely replacement.

>>332931489
>tfw started actually buying 2 liters of booze instead of just drinking beer if i happen to be out somewhere once or twice a month
i'm pretty sure that's when my own apathy to video games started to speed up.
it all makes sense now.
>>
>>332930387
I've stopped really caring. I play a game every once and a while but I rarely finish. I still go to /v/ out of pure reflexive habit.
>>
why do japanese tv shows always have a picture in picture of some jap's reaction

look at that fucking guy
>>
>>332932809
japanese housewives are basically the same as Lets Play viewers.

the celebs and their reactions are why they watch.
>>
File: MpnywzdY9N-2.png (28 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
MpnywzdY9N-2.png
28 KB, 300x250
>>332930387
>Are videogames still important to you?
>Because i am starting to stop caring about them.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to give a fuck about the zillionth FPS or grinding for a hundred hours to save the world again in the latest lame-ass RPG. All of this shit starts feeling the same after a while.
>>
Why do people act like it's a fucking lifestyle? Oh right, because stupid shit like sports.
You play them if they are fun.
>>
File: 4amFeels.png (269 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
4amFeels.png
269 KB, 500x375
>>332930387
Sort of. Like I'm trying to be part of the #riseup generation and go pro because I enjoy fighting games. But really, I'm just trying to avoid my shitty life and forget all the mistakes I made so far.
>>
>>332934117
>probably 20 years old
>hurr durr all these mistakes!
please dude
>>
>>332930623
>Videogames aren't art
Bad art is still art.
>>
>>332931224
Jesus, I need to leave 4chan before I get this self deluded.
>>
Yeah, they're fun.

I like playing Grand Theft Auto Online with my friends.
>>
File: 1454383439664.gif (2 MB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
1454383439664.gif
2 MB, 298x300
>>332934336
What, I'm not allowed to have these? It's not much in comparison to other people but it's still a lot.
Plus I bet you never had your dad smash your stuff with the basement couch or have him throw your shoes outside before he goes to work every morning. That's the minor stuff before I go all blogposting.
>>
>>332931004
Unless you're being supported, you need money to fund vidya. Sex feels good and so do healthy emotional bonds.
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
>>332930387
Yes. Video games remain important to me because that's where all the best girls in fiction are found.
>>
>>332935341
>asexual ftw
>>
>>332935341
Of course I need money, but an average salary with a low stress job and no overtime is more than enough to support a single man, and gives me plenty of time for my hobbies.

>it feels good

And so does playing vidya and watching anime. I don't see your point.
>>
>>332934336
>>/wizchan/
>>
>>332930623
Man I don't give a fuck about whether its art or not. I didn't get into the shit because of its artistic value.
>>
>>332930387
As much as I try not to give a shit about them, they just keep pulling me back in
>>
>>332935316
>dad smash your stuff with the basement couch
Abuse sucks, but fuck that sounds hilarious.
>>
>>332930387
I love them. I still hold out some hope for AAA games, but I'm mostly into Jrpgs and that stuff. And even if they suck there's still so many fun games I haven't played yet, so there's that.
>>
File: 1207780219667.png (104 KB, 245x424) Image search: [Google]
1207780219667.png
104 KB, 245x424
I'm starting to care more about video games again after I started looking back instead of forward. I know what the industry is like now, and outside of a few new games I'm ok with not being a part of it.

But we're sitting on decades of vidya that I haven't got to experience. I got classics to finish, games from my youth I wanted to play but couldn't due to having no money, old Japanese games that finally got a translation, a backlog of amazing games left half finished, etc.

I could stop buying games made after today and still have so many great games that I'd likely never run out.
>>
same here, every since I got a job I haven't played as muhc, they just dont seem as fun anymore and a bit like a waste of time, putting more efforts in girls and finding a better job and stuff now, pretty good desu
>>
File: 1453420301049.jpg (23 KB, 260x258) Image search: [Google]
1453420301049.jpg
23 KB, 260x258
Ive pretty much cared for video games for most of my life
Last year I didnt play a whole lot, kinda depressed over having a shitty job, broke up with Girlfriend of 5 years
But Im really into them again
Granted I am a shut in who is afraid and also hates interacting with other humans
I thought I'd be depressed being a sad loner but I actually like it better than when I had friends
>>
>>332931004
There really is a big overlap between /v/ and /r9k/, huh?
>>
>>332930623

t. someone who didn't play the last of us
>>
Hell yeah they are.

Laat few years have been great and the future looks amazing.
>>
>>332930387
What do people look forward to if not for upcoming games ? Like literally what ? next friday so they can get drunk and for get about their life for a day ? Coming zombie apocalypse ???
>>
>>332937761
This why why I think people watch Sportsball
They dont actually care, its just something to do while being lazy
>>
>>332937761
>Holidays
>Dates
>Parties
>Coming home to your friends and/or family after a long day
>Work, if they love their job
>Holidays
>Movies releasing
>Books coming out
>The next episode of their favourite TV shows
>Working on personal projects
>Hobbies in general
>Big matches in various sports
>Hanging out with friends
>Something you ordered coming in the mail

I could go on. How much of a recluse do you have to be for vidya to be all you care about?
>>
>>332937383
>gf
>shut in
I'm 23 and a NEET for 6 months, socially awkward around women and have a lot of male friends and I still have no gf because I have absolutely no idea on how to talk to women, I spill spaghetti just by looking at one
>>
File: Bravely-Default.jpg (168 KB, 1337x732) Image search: [Google]
Bravely-Default.jpg
168 KB, 1337x732
Playing
>CS:GO
>Disagea 4
>Tales of Zestiria
>Guild Wars 2

Own
>Ar Nosurge PS3
>Bravely Second
>Tales of Hearts R
>Final Fantasy 13-2 and 13-3 for PC
>fault milestone one

Buying
>Bloodborne
>Dark Souls 3
>Final Fantasy Type-0
>Persona Q

I have enough games to last a long while. I also know what games I'll be buying in the future. So yes, I fucking love videogames
>>
>>332938114
I became full shut in after we broke up
Back when we were a couple I was kinda dragged around places and saw people who I dont care for, drinking pass the time while they all gossiped about nothing
The sex wasnt great so not much to miss
>>
>>332930387
Video games fill a super specific niche for my personality.

I enjoy learning how to do something as well as I can. And unlike a lot of hobbies, I can a FUCK ton of value for my money in video games.

I pick up a game, learn to play it, master the controls, learn the meta's, and get as good as i can. Do I ever reach number 1 world wide? Of course not. But I usually get into the top 15% (except fighting games, where I top out around top 40%). Then, when i notice my time invested versus how much better I'm getting, I switch to something else.
>>
>>332931082
You have to be autistic on some level to be a successful lifter. It revolves around completing repetitive movements and rigidly keeping track of your macros. Most "normies" are curlbros who only accumulate a bit of size in their upper bodies, while those who get huge generally live incredibly regimented lives, not unlike someone diagnosed with autism.
>>
Extremely unimportant. The only thing keeping me seriously interested in the medium at this point is VR, otherwise I'm slipping back into casual-ness. I barely ever play anymore, I've had tired gamer syndrome for years. FFXIV was the only game to really excite me in awhile.

I'm only excited at this point for the new dude sex, the new halo-i mean doom game, and cyberpunk 2077
>>
>>332938114
>tfw average looking dude
>used to make friends easily, usually the life of a party and funny
>but had horrible self-esteem issues all throughout my secondary level education that made sure i never got a gf even though everybody liked me, which combined with me developing anxiety in college and avoiding everything related to beyond my classes means I'm now a 21 y/o virgin who has never gotten past making out
>don't even know how to fucking start a relationship, let alone maintain one
>now that i finally have my issues semi in-check I'm three years into my degree and have totally missed the chance to socialize and meet people since i'm too busy with work and assignments constantly to hang with anyone but my current friends group
>probably going to take until i get into the workforce before i ever even have a chance to socialize with women who might be interested in me
>probably not going to learn how to do so by then and remain alone until i die due to nerves

I think I need to just hire a hooker. I just need to get over my dumb fear of rejection/commitment and learn how to be physically intimate with a woman properly so when the chance arises I can actually act on it.

shame I'm too broke to afford ones I could be sure don't have an STD
>>
>>332939287
Branch out from the usual genres you play. try something different even if there are things that might not feel that great.
>>
>>332939441
Do it bruh.

Biting the bullet when I was 20 and just fucking a prostitute on an impulse got me out of the mindset of thinking of sex as some unattainable or intimidating thing and gave me the confidence to actually try to pursue a relationship or one night stands.

Once you see how natural it feels and how easily the motions of it come to you, you've got a solid base to work from to conquer your fear.
>>
>>332938083
>Something you ordered coming in the mail
Really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one eh?
>>
>>332935605
>I can only enjoy one thing that feels good.
Variety is the spice of life brother.
>>
>>332930387
Ive always been a video game enthusiast i guess you'd call it. I enjoy playing them and im 40 now. I don't understand people that want to make it into some kind of life style, sport, or art form. They are games. Thats it. They are an excellent and cheap waste of time.
>>
>>332940103
How? You don't get excited when you buy yourself something nice and its finally close to when it arrives? You don't feel impatient waiting in college or work while you wonder if its already been delivered?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.