[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is thus game so fucking hard ?! I don't remember the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ff4.jpg (109 KB, 650x580) Image search: [Google]
ff4.jpg
109 KB, 650x580
Why is thus game so fucking hard ?! I don't remember the SNES version being so ballbustingly ruthless
>>
DS version retains the original Japanese versions difficulty.
US version on SNES was dumbed down cause Americans are stupid.
>>
>>332929054
lol
>>
>>332929054
The DS version is harder than the original (J) release.
You're right about the (U) version being the dumbed down version though.
>>
How fucking shit do you have to be to lose in FUCKING FINAL FANTASY?
Might as well kill yourself holy fuck.
>>
What are you having trouble with? Maybe it's a little hard in the beginning when you have useless characters like Edward but around the time Yang joins, the game becomes infinity easier.
>>
It gets hard around the boss on the mountain but I remember after my first playthrough being able to blaze through it.
Just make sure to level and git gud.
>>
>>332930719

Tower of Zot, just the random encounters are busting my balls. Get in a fight with 3 of those fire dogs, they use Blaze 3 times in succession without me having time to heal, goes about 500+ damage to the whole party (when the back row casters has about 700 HP). It even kills Cecil and Kain THROUGH their fire resisting gear.
>>
File: haram.jpg (71 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
haram.jpg
71 KB, 531x471
>>332931709

>Fire dogs
That's the first thing that comes to mind whenever I think of bullshit difficulty. Unfortunately you'll just have to run away from them until you get the fire armor. If you're ambushed, RIP in peace.

That's probably the only big difficulty spike in the game. The game will never be as blatantly unfair as that.
>>
>>332931709
Hey I just finished that yesterday. Yeah I ran from the three fire dogs whenever they appeared. Those dogs are probably the only thing that gave me trouble in a long while. You should try grinding in the top floors of the tower. No dogs spawn there.
>>
>>332927098
>Why is thus game so fucking hard ?!
It is because the bosses (and some later enemies) require strategies to beat, since certain attack methods just don't work on them. This isn't FF6. There was no assumption about you being capable of steamrolling every single encounter throughout the game.
>>
>>332927098
Still my favorite in the series. Used to watch my baby sitter play this when I was a little kid. Her Mom made her sell off her consoles and games just before she finished highschool so she wouldn't be distracted in college. She was pretty upset, and her Mom didn't seem to know shit about pricing, because she sold it all at really cheap garage sale prices.

Since it was so cheap I convinced my parents to get the system and her 50+ games for cheap. Little kid me was pretty happy, but holy shit her mom was a bitch.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.