[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (606 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
606 KB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
it was shit
>>
>>332925980
P2P connection
>>
delayed release
class system
no keyboard
>>
I never played it, but it had to be better then MGO2... That was a total piece of garbage.
>>
>>332926560
>no keyboard
what?
>>
>>332926647
pleb
>>
>>332926704
"No chat box" may have been better. Chat in MGO2 helped for better communication than vague voice commands.
>>
>>332926829

It was shit m8 and I was ranked 3rd overall in the world at DM.

>Full of cheaters in tournament lobbies.
>Body damage was shit.
>Only a couple viable guns, all ARs and one pistol.
>Smashing box nonstop.
>CQC balancing gymnastics a joke.
>Small as fuck maps.
>Slow as fuck run speed even with Run 3.
>Stun-knife AA.
>AR skills stupidly overpowered.
>>
>>332925980

Fuck Konami
>>
>>332927248

>Full of cheaters in tournament lobbies.
didn't go there, but you're right
>Body damage was shit.
it was just right
>Only a couple viable guns, all ARs and one pistol.
disagree. I played shitloads of TDM and teamsneak and there were a lot of people using various weapons and battlestyles
>Smashing box nonstop.
not a bug, but a feature
>CQC balancing gymnastics a joke.
explain
>Small as fuck maps.
no
>Slow as fuck run speed even with Run 3.
disagree. And switching to boxmode allowed you to be even faster
>Stun-knife AA.
git fucking gud
>AR skills stupidly overpowered.
see above; stealth was a viable counter-method
>>
>>332926970
Did you play MGO2? 99% of the times chat was used to insult asshole players and start an endless chain of insults that could only end when one of the people involved was kicked or host closed the match
Strategy wise, the presets do their job so that's not the problem in MGO3
>>
>>332925980
boring weapons like 3 from to choose
>>
>>332927848
but that was just ps culture
>>
Didn't release it when people still cared about the game on PC.

Haven't even bothered trying it.
>>
>>332925980
third person call of duty
>>
>>332927848
Yeah, and admittedly there was a lot of that. But, I was able to talk to people without a mic, and that was a huge thing to me back then.
>>
>>332927848

Go back to your safe space, bitch.
>>
>>332928292
mind your language.
>>
I think the american design team was really fucking stubborn about some silly things.

The last few patches have been really good. Knives are in now, pat to wake up is in, damage and accuracy have made some steps in the right direction etc.
>>
>>332925980
everything
>>
>>332928203

this
>>
>>332928351
Fuck off nigger
>>
no motorcycles, not even in singleplayer baka
>>
A lot of stuff done in MGO3 is either done wrong or for the wrong reasons
Let alone the fact that for the final message in MGSV, every main character has Kiefer Sutherland's VO, making Snake nothing more than a skin with better weapons and skills (the unique pose is now available to everyone, which is even more nonsense) many choices were wrong and that's why the famous patch changed an enormous amount of stuff
-Stealth isn't actually invisible and this ruins TSNE along with the fact that defenders can use it
-Weapons restriction isn't a feature yet, meaning that you can't have knife matches or simply stop snipers from one-shotting people with the serval
-Diving has no cooldown and the netcode tied to it was probably written by a monkey or something because people using it teleport costantly
Not only that but you can get CQC grabbed in the middle of the animation or even at the end of it with some frustrating teleporting that happens 90% of the time
-CQC at the beginning was a nightmare because every character could insta-stun everyone and people would just sprint straight to someone and CQC them
Now that it's been fixed, infiltrators and their impossibly buffed fulton punch are doing the exact same thing, making the game look even worse than it should be and showing how a class based multiplayer was an awful mistake for MGO
We're talking about -you're lying on the ground and someone fulton punches you or people die but the first animation was done so you're fultoned anyway- bad but that's better than infiltrators camping with their stealth in poor vision spots and kill everyone
-Huge maps and slow running except for Infiltrator means people can either run normally for 20 minutes till they get in the middle of the fight in most maps or simply sprint and show their position to everyone on the map

The game not only has problems netcode-wise but also has balancing issues (leading to people getting away with asshole strategies) and lack of material and cosmetics
>>
>>332927313
Fuck you and your shit attitude
>>
File: 1442506581035.jpg (51 KB, 670x472) Image search: [Google]
1442506581035.jpg
51 KB, 670x472
>>332925980

It was unfinished, I remember thinking clans etc would have their own motherbase and there'd be all this cool interaction between building a base and the actual MP

>No community, no clan shit, no emblems or anything interesting at all, no integration into motherbase or anything like was promised
>No chat
>No emotes
>delayed release so dead for PC
>8v8 only, no 16v16
>Couldn't even play with friends for the longest time

It was a complete failure
>>
Made by an American studio
>>
File: 1458255984127.jpg (42 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
1458255984127.jpg
42 KB, 658x370
fulton system was lazy fucking underage game design.
'im sure all you fags will disagree.
but extracting/collecting could've been done soo much better with relying on pequod, or anything,. if kojima could've got his hands on an arma game b4 developing TPP.
>>
>>332928856
sounds like a nightmare

among the various red flags the game was showing in its trailers, MGO3 lost me at the moment that it announced classes

what made MGO2 great for me is that it allowed me to play the way I wanted without being tied to class-based limitations

what's especially lame about this is that MGSV does feature class-less MP, but that's only relegated to its stupid base-capturing mode
>>
File: eurospeech.jpg (212 KB, 799x633) Image search: [Google]
eurospeech.jpg
212 KB, 799x633
>>332929169
lol back to /int/
>>
It was clearly held back by 7th gen consoles, whose MGOs are absolutely dead.
>>
>>332929503
The american studio made some really shitty decisions. I don't know if the obesity affected their thinking or they were just too low on vitamin anime to make good decisions. Either way, every patch since they were let go has been solid.
>>
>>332925980
They gave MGO3 to a bunch of nobodies instead of building off of what they learned from previous MGOs.

The American team had a lot of stupid ideas and couldn't even get the game working. It was originally supposed to launch with MGSV but they had nothing but a bunch of silly hats that they spent years working on so MGO was handed over to a skeleton crew of the remnants of KojiPro who worked on previous MGOs and they had to get the hot garbage that the American team left them to a playable condition in a month.
>>
>>332925980
Nothing, it's was better than MGO2
Don't tell me you bought into the meme that MGO2 was something more than piece of shit game
>>
>>332929976
the game's design looked like it was made by rejects from Full Sail
>>
>>332925980
Too fast paced.

Still kinda fun though but not as fun as MGO2.
>>
I came back to it a while ago and they added tons of stuff. The cosmetics though were still a ghost town. You needed mb coins to buy half of the stuff with was disappointing.
>>
>>332930239
>Too fast paced.

They need to nerf body damage harder.
>>
>>332930217
They also refused to take any advice. Changing damage values is not super hard, but they just fucking refused to do it. No one wants to play an mgo where you die in two shots.

The jap team has done a lot to fix the game already. Possibly they're all superheroes due to radiation from Fukushima.
>>
That fucking assault rifle is still broken as shit so there's no reason not to use it on every class. Also I'm pretty sure the game doesn't have damage drop off like it should. Fixing those 2 things would be a great place to start
>>
>>332927629

Body damage wasn't "just right." A lot of guns could empty a clip into the body cleanly and not kill. There's no reason for that to ever happen in a game really.

Outside of teem snek everyone worth a fuck was using ARs, aka M4 and the occasional AK. You can't really count TS because it forces equips. TS was the only good thing about the game.

The box "feature" was shit. It looked and was retarded. There was no skill in flashing box every 4f to instantly shrink your hitbox.

CQC was never balanced properly. It was either unusable garbage (early patches) and then they promptly broke it to fuck by making slam 1hko and fast as fuck grab speed, and then they nerfed it again to make it only good for chokeouts. CQC was never balanced, ever.

Aside from a couple DLC maps, the maps were very small. Low foot speed made them seem big because it took forever to get everywhere. All the vanilla maps were tiny, and nothing was sizable until VV and the Gene expac.

You were slow as fuck regardless of run skill. I'm not sure what games you've been playing but I can't think of a single slower shooter than MGO2 except for maybe shit like TLoU. The game desperately needed a sprint or just faster food speed. Also box was slow unless you had (lol) box skills equipped.

I loved knife AA. I once single handedly won a round of TS in a tournament with a knife just running around AAing people. So much that ABG and the rest of his cronies accused me of cheating. It was pretty shitty feature where I can run around knifing everyone and toggle swapping so fast that I can kill 3 people in a couple second or less huddled around a KO.

I can tell you didn't play much or just played TS. Stealth was not viable at all in non-TS modes, because there was no stealth. I mean corner camping sort of worked in rescue on some smaller maps, but even then, not really due to barrel rolling anywheres some asshole was hiding.
>>
>>332930504
>bullets lose damage after 50 feet

x
D
>>
>>332930341
>before nerf
lmg kills in 3 hits, most rifles in 4
>after nerf
lmg kills in 3 hits, most rifles in 5, except if you're 50+ metres away, it takes 6 bullets.

t-thanks.
>>
>>332929484
Well you can play it the classic MGO2 stil if you prefer, with an assault rifle and normal gameplay
The thing is that CQC is used way too many times and infiltrators were promoted as the sneaky class that stunned and used fulton but pretty much nobody does that
Netcodes regarding CQC and diving are awful though: your connection speed doesn't change the fact that you're going to get grabbed in mid-air or teleported in someone's hands or even knifed back from a prone position
Those kind of things were completely screwed
Hell even MGO2 had these kinds of issues but didn't show one every 3 times
>>
>>332929985
Where's your fucking source?
>>
File: SUPLEXXX.jpg (43 KB, 241x289) Image search: [Google]
SUPLEXXX.jpg
43 KB, 241x289
It lacks one distinct character duo that made the original MGO hell/the best

SUNRISE...
>>
>>332930504
This is absolute bullshit game wise
When you're trying to sniper someone, the rifle will have sway and bullets will take some time to travel to the point
But people from the same distance with the MRS rifle will hit the trigger three times and you'll die in no time
>>
>>332931280
I think the lesson there is obvious.

Stop being a sniper shit and actually help the team.
>>
>>332931192
Hey, it's not my fault you got fired.
>>
>>332930504
How long ago did you last play it? A lot of this shit was changed recently.
>>
>>332931394
But what's the point of having class exclusive weapons if the best option is the standard rifle anyway?
Let's not even talk about how shotguns are infiltrators only and they can one shot you from 5 meters and the shot will make you lose control of your character because of the animation he makes
>>
>>332931192
KojiPro Los Angeles did it. It's a common knowledge for someone who anticipated MGSV.

Every post-release content is made by Japanese team.
>>
>>332931582
If you let an Infiltrator get close to you then you deserve to lose.

They're made of paper, just sneeze in their direction and they die.
>>
>>332925980
Didn't even install that part of the game. Don't regret it.
Enjoyed the single-player portion, though.
>>
>>332930510
and yet, low body damage ruins the gameplay like in MGO3. Similarly by adding a sprint button

Boxpopping might've looked funny, but it fitted entirely within MGS4's idiosyncratic universe. They were also easily countered if you could imagine where there heads would be after they popped up - which is pretty much how I effectively countered those fuckers

CQC was never my style, but I do recall it being nerfed accordingly, or you needed to sacrifice a whole fucking lot of your available skills in order to take fully advantage of the one-hit-stun ability. I also recall CQC3 to be banned on many servers

I guess you're forgetting Grozny Grad, but I would argue against the maps being small; most of them were medium-sized and the only map I hated was that tiny 'training' area (bloodbath something iirc)

So you were good at knife AA. I was good at countering knife AA-ers. Whenever you got succesfully CQC'd to the floor, you still had time to aim your gun towards their heads or body and waste them. I made this my art. The thing I mostly loved about the game was that every (shitty or cheap) tactic had a decent enough way to counter it. This made me feel that it was balanced
>>
>>332931935
>The thing I mostly loved about the game was that every (shitty or cheap) tactic had a decent enough way to counter it.

Most of the counters turned out to be "score a headshot"

And there was no counter to headshots.

Not that I'm complaining, I loved that.
>>
>>332931750
In fact it only happens in Rust Palace
At every turn someone could be there and the fact that the rooms in redesigned Lamar Khaate palace are small means you don't have a full view on everything
This guy in Rust Palace once was abusing the whole bullshit diving netcode and he kept diving and shooting and many times you would just see him dive and or just sprint your way and you would die without him actually displaying any different animations than sprinting and diving
>>
>>332932249
>At every turn someone could be there and the fact that the rooms in redesigned Lamar Khaate palace are small means you don't have a full view on everything

My tactic is to grenade everything. Or stay out of the building.

It's really only a major problem with the rush version of the map.
>>
File: wIeZ6Jw.jpg (115 KB, 599x861) Image search: [Google]
wIeZ6Jw.jpg
115 KB, 599x861
>>332930504
They've substantially lowered body damage at range, and have increased the health of the scout and enforcer class.

There actually are reasons to use other weapons now. the SVG/AK retains more damage at range now, is accurate as fuck, and melts people at range with headshots. The LMGs are bullet hoses, and the M60 type one with the short scope rapes people at range if you get headshots. The semi auto rifle the scout gets is stupid powerful if you're accurate. The shotguns will actually knock people down now and stun them, so infiltrators are really annoying if they stunlock you. And they also reduced sway with sniper rifles, and you can actually one shot infiltrators with the early unlock bolt action rifle.
>>
>>332930510
>You were slow as fuck regardless of run skill.
Really? Run3 and Vamp+Raiden were super fast and using it in modes like CAP or RACE was a huge difference
The fact is that people's aims were much much better because the fact that a full clip wouldn't kill anyone would force people to focus on headshots and that made for a game where you would either swim and learn the parameters and study the aiming system or sink and focus on AA and shooting the body, in which case you would get shot in the head at the speed of light

The pacing was much better in MGO2 and the only thing that goes near that level is Comm Control in MGO3 which is very similar to BASE and the gameplay is the same
>>
>>332931728
Where's your source saying that the japs had to salvage it?
>>
>>332932687
People's aims were good because 90% of the game was flat. Once you knew where it was all you have to do was run around with your cursor at head level and only worry about the x axis.
>>
>>332932687
>>332932687
>Really? Run3 and Vamp+Raiden were super fast and using it in modes like CAP or RACE was a huge difference
It's all relative.
>>
>>332932687
>Comm Control

I hate that mode so much.

Every mode doesn't need to be asymmetrical bullshit.

Just turn it back into BASE.
>>
>>332931935
>most of them were medium-sized and the only map I hated was that tiny 'training' area (bloodbath something iirc)
I think the maps were just right for the running speed and the goal placements in modes like BASE etc.
In fact, every map in MGO2 except BB would work greatly in MGO3 but not the opposite
I'm very confident that at least Urban Ultimatum, Coppertown conflict and Groznyj Grad would work greatly in MGO3 and it would be logical to include them since they were in both MGO1 and MGO2
>>
>>332932757
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-03-konami-closes-la-studio-responsible-for-metal-gear-online
>Konami has made the decision to close its Los Angeles Studio, effective immediately, due to the product development resources being restructured into a more centralized unit.
>This facility contributed to the recent Metal Gear Solid games. Konami will continue its operations to support all Metal Gear Solid titles, including the recently launched Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Online. Metal Gear Online is still scheduled to release for PC Steam in January 2016.
>Metal Gear Online launched on 6th October, and has since received a significant update and patch. Eurogamer understands that work on Metal Gear Online was transferred to Konami's Japanese studio shortly before the release of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, with the Los Angeles studio providing support.
>>
They should have ripped off Spy vs Mercs and added a quirky Metal Gear layer on top of it.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.