[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya PC prices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Day 1 DLC.jpg (99 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
Day 1 DLC.jpg
99 KB, 600x665
Publishers think, that thanks to Denuvo and new Steam regional pricing and sales policies, they can up the prices on PC games to even them with console games.

I, for one, will not buy any 60€ game on PC. They can go fuck themselves. Don't allow them to level us up to console retards, who HAVE TO have more expensive games, so Sony, M$ and Nintento can earn their money back after selling their machines at a loss.

If people accept the price increase in addition to shitty port qualities, day one DLCs, Season Passes, exclusive content etc. then I can pretty much assume gaming is dead.
>>
>>332916486
get gut money
>>
File: 1450207518910.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1450207518910.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>People are retards for paying more for a tangible product that can be sold, lent, borrowed and collected
>The smart ones are the ones that pay real money for digital licenses that you are forced to take to the grave
>>
>>332916486
I've always wondered: why do PC games cost less than console games?
>>
>>332916812
Because it's digital and easier to release.
>>
>>332916805

On the flip side, all physical media eventually fail, whereas the lifetime license will last you as long as the distributor is around..
>>
>>332916812
Broader audience = more sold copies.
Besides you asked the wrong question.
The righ one is "why is console gaming more expensive" and the reason is stated in OP post
>>
>>332916924
So, licenses can "fail" too is what you're saying.
>>
>>332916924

Not in our lifetime.
>>
>>332916995

>The righ one is "why is console gaming more expensive" and the reason is stated in OP post

Which was answered here >>332916805
>>
>>332916486
Consoles:
You can buy any region's game
You can share your game with one friend and play it with him at the same time on different consoles.
PC:
Regionlock
Game locked to your account
KEK
>>
>>332916906
Even physical copies are cheaper. It mostly had to do with specific right. For each playstation game, Sony takes a certain percentage on it. (for several reason, royalities, and the additional bit of code used to make the game works with the console).

What is weirder is that "extended edition" or that shit cost even more on console for no reason at all.

I remember the Fallout 3 collector edition. Standard edition was like $50 on PC and $60 on console. But collector PC was like 10 or 15 dollars more, and collector console was 80 bucks, so 20 dollars more. For the exact same content. The same shitty plastic bobblehead and miniature artbook, and so on. Go figure why plastic and paper were suddenly more expensive for console players.
>>
>>332917440
>PC:
>Regionlock
Yeah, that's why plenty of people are buying and playing games with russian key, right?
>>
>>332916486

Time for a new hobby gramps!

>God Tier:
Extreme sports, motorcycle racing, skydiving, bungee jumping, rock climbing, etc.

>Great Tier:
Sports, playing non-fretted instruments, literature, hiking and camping, painting and fine arts, DIY hobbies, weight lifting, running, cooking, biking, falconry,

>Good Tier:
Playing videogames for fun, boardgames, recording arts with hard instruments, off-roading, dog or exotic pet ownership, martial arts.

>Okay Tier:
Playing a fretted instrument, identifying as a foodie or someone who critques microbrew, ricer shit, group/class exercises, television and anime, playing midi instruments, games of chance, cat ownership or identifying as a cat person.

>Destroyed Tier.
Any sort of collecting from Magic Cards to anime figures, playing videogames you hate for the privilege to critque them, making webms about videogames, decrying the videogame industry while refusing to move on, being a hobby videogame journalist or LPer.
>>
>>332917684
That's the point. Now the additional $20 will be forced upon PC games, because they think "they can". As far I know they can be probing us to see if we take it like little bitches.
>>
PCucks don't even buy games as it is, raising prices would go even further to make more pirates and F2P kiddies.
>>
File: 1458980599720.jpg (695 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1458980599720.jpg
695 KB, 1280x1280
>>332917752
>That feel when I write, do DIY hobbies, martial arts, play an instrument, own cats, and collect anime figmas/retro games

I have no idea where your list leaves me, anon.
>>
File: 1441067371213.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1441067371213.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>332917773

>PCucks acting high and mighty when their platform has been one abusive form of DRM after another
>They now support games being lock to a license that makes it illegal to sell
>>
>>332918002
shit tier because you wasted your time reading a shitty list
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.