[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it any good for desk use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Steam_Controller-112-970-80.jpg (40 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Steam_Controller-112-970-80.jpg
40 KB, 970x545
Is it any good for desk use?
>>
Yes.
>>
>Is it any good
>>
Works well at keeping your receipt from blowing away for when you go to return it
>>
File: 1459543659734.png (101 KB, 627x278) Image search: [Google]
1459543659734.png
101 KB, 627x278
>>332914746
zing
>>
>>332914626
I hear it's ok but I wouldn't buy it since you can only use it on Steam.
>>
>>332915032
>since you can only use it on Steam.
you're wrong
>>
>>332915032
It has a plug-in-play default mouse/keyboard binding without Steam, but yeah, you can only configure it with Steam.
>>
>>332915082
Explain please, since if this is true a friend who owns it knows shit about it.
>>
>>332914626
>desk use
Yeah, it's great for just leaving it on your desk untouched.
>>
>>332915167
Wait so I could use it to play gog games or anything which has gamepad support without running Steam and it would work good?
>>
>>332915201
>a friend

Don't be shy, anon.
>>
>>332914626
I wish I could try this shit out before having to buy it

cunts

playing old games on the couch really appeals to me, but I'm really wary in terms of how it controls
>>
>>332915365

Yes, it would work

No, you can't use profiles, which are basically saved layouts. Those are saved on Steam.

Even disregarding profiles, the Steam controller can be used on any game and will work just as well as any other gamepad in terms of being recognized and such.

The d-pad is awkward so if you're the type of person bothered by using a joystick to navigate menus created for d-pads (like say, old NES/SNES games), that's really the only issue you'll run into
>>
>>332915527
Thx, yep I like d-pads and need them for older games, will probably just buy the Wii U controller then since the xbox one turned out to b shit d-pad wise also
>>
>>332914626
Its pretty great.

Been playing shadow warrior, gta v, msgv, ark survival on it

You can add ANY game to steam and configure and save a layout for every game

The touch pads feel great and are SUPER responsive, they even give off a tiny rumble wherever your finger is at

Buttons feel great

Almost every button has an alt mode, so the numer of buttons you can have mapped are almost doubled

Gyro for aiming (youtube it) is incredible

Probably my favorite purchase last year, seriously try it.
Yes the "learning curve" is a bit steep
took me about 3 days before i was able to do anything competitively

but anon i swear i can never go back to aiming with an analog stick
>>
>>332914626
It's pretty difficult to use and even after getting used to it I still find the 360 controller easier and better to use. Also it can never replace mouse and keyboard, nothing can replace mouse and keyboard.
>>
Just get a ps4 controller
>>
>>332916921

Did you spend more than 1 hour trying to adapt?
Or did you just get shit on for a bit and decided to give up.

Its a new piece of tech anon. Just like when they introduced analog sticks
You have to give yourself time to adapt and learn how to use it

If you seriously used it for more than a day you would fucking burn your 360 pad and anything related to it
>>
File: Untitled.png (49 KB, 625x235) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
49 KB, 625x235
>10€ S&H
are these niggas for real

shipping is free on amazon
>>
>>332917303
haha i just went to gamestop
>>
File: Untitled2.png (56 KB, 961x805) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
56 KB, 961x805
>>332917303
>73.20€ S&H
really now
>>
>>332916701
Cool. Might get it. Been contemplating whether to get it or a wii U pro.
>>
>>332917303
Thanks for the tip, marketer.
>>
How is it with Rocket League?
Thats the only controller game im playing right now.
>>
how are the haptics
>>
>>332917554
fuck you, my shipping was over 90e and I'm not bitching about it

except that it was supposed to ship yesterday but it'll be monday before it leaves that eastern europe shithole of a country
>>
>>332916701
Is the gyro aiming similar to Splatoons gyro aiming? Because if so that's awesome.
>>
>convex analog sticks
>>
>>332916701
>give a tiny rumble wherever your finger is at
Sounds cool desu senpai
>>
>>332917217
I used it during the entirety of my Fallout 4 play through which was over 100 hours and even tried Dark Souls with it.

I suck at configurations but I tried and I still prefer mouse and key board as well as the 360 controller.

I don't like swiping the track pad to rotate the camera and unfortunately the alternative methods for camera controls aren't very great, what would you suggest?
>>
>>332914626
Bean thinking about it again since there's a bundle offer with Dark Souls Triple.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.