[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>engaging, skill demanding games are not possible on a controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: gcKJTinf.jpg (12 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
gcKJTinf.jpg
12 KB, 256x256
>consoles only offer shit, kiddie games. Fun but simplistic.

Just because games with many buttons like Arma, Stalker, Dota and all manner of RTS manifestations are possible on PC due to the keyboard and mouse interface, that doesn't mean PC overall must be a mature platform for mature gamers and the other platforms are inferior in that regard.

In fact Megaman and Dark Souls started on consoles and I bet anyone who claims console games are easier than PC ones, cannot beat those games.
>>
>dota
>many buttons
>>
What the fuck is this. This isn't Anthony Burch
>>
>>332906858

>I haven't played as Invoker
>>
>>332906547
Fuck off
>>
>>332906547

Limited controls means limited mechanics. There is no way around that, console kiddie.

Does that mean all console games are simple and easy? No, of course not, but it does mean there are limitations to the gameplay on console that you do not get on PC.

For example, thumbsticks are obviously inferior to mouse and keyboard for FPS so the solution for a console orientated FPS is to slow the pace of the gameplay, add in aim assist, limit the amount of aim adjustment the player has to do by clever level design, implement cover systems so you can aim from safety at your leisure, etc., etc.
>>
>>332907013

>qwe df r

oh wow SIX BUTTONS
>>
funny i just got done watching kill bill. it really is one of my favorite movies of all time
>>
>Games have to be "skill-based" to be engaging

can this thread get any more underage
>>
Consoles just have a shit ton more history and importance than PC ever will.
It only help advance prettier graphics, while consoles made gaming a daily activity for everyone, brought hardware innovations like the thumbstick, rumble, made companies household names like Nintendo and Sony, set numerous standards in game design and I'm sure much much more.
>>
TRUMP WILL MAKE CONSOLES GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>332907159
>controls gimp the level design in shooters
give example
>>
>>332907319
no one said that
>>
>>332907159
oh yeah so everything has be in open spaces?
remember quake has plenty of walls, corridors and verticality to hide behind?
>>
>>332907159
hell even dota has high ground and low ground and thats an important game mechanic because your hits can miss if you are trying to hit someone while he is high ground. Its a game mechanic as much as cover can be to boring open spaces.
>>
>>332907159
>cod, halo 5 are not fast paced
just fuck off
>>
>>332907585

It's rare that they'll spawn enemies behind you in a console shooter because turning all the way around and back again is too slow using thumbsticks, You are almost always fighting enemies on the same plane as you, if you are fighting enemies that are above you they tend to give you a lot of cover to give you more opportunity for aim adjustment from safety, you are almost never expected to engage enemies on more than two planes. Corridors, corridors, corridors. This sort of shit.
>>
>>332908304
are you saying real shooters are for people with ocd?
quake was never fun. It was dizzying.
>>
>>332908304
>>332908304
halo 5 hits the sweet spot. its move speed is slow but when you are shot you have more control over your movement thanks to the tiny jet packs and climbing capabilities and it becomes a fast paced game then. Your view point is contantly changing but not as fast as quake because quake was giving headaches.
>>
>>332907159
Thumbstics are better then wasd anytime. But mouse is better then a thumbstick
>>
>>332906547
did you like red dead redemption and bloodbourne? I sure did
>>

No one ever said this.
>>
>>332910341
This
>>
>>332908184
1 hour later and no (You), how sad. Have one out of pity.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.