[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: bullshit achievements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: r u fukken kidding me m8.png (27 KB, 938x103) Image search: [Google]
r u fukken kidding me m8.png
27 KB, 938x103
ITT: bullshit achievements
>>
being anthony burch
>>
i dont know what game that is so i dont know whether thats bullshit or not
>>
>>332845619
Like 2/3rds of EYE: Divine Cybermancy's achievements, they randomly trigger or require 60 hours of grinding.
>>
>>332845784
Helldivers. A game where you kill about 150+ enemies per planet.
>>
>>332845619
All of them, because only literal children care about achievements.
>>
>>332845784

Helldivers. If you get 300+ kills (VERY good performance, pretty much only a thing from difficult 8 onwards) every map you'll have like 40k total kills by the time you're LV24 (last weapon unlock) and have done every other achievement. With a group of regulars that only run high-level missions, this achievement will take you about 200h total. If you only join random games, good fucking luck, it could take way WAY more
>>
>>332845619
I can't help feel that this sort of achievement is more of an actual achievement, rather than "achievements" that reward you for basic game progression. If you earn this thing, you deserve more recognition than earning a "Kill 1000 enemies" achievement. It's like the dev acknowledging your massive commitment and love of their game.
>>
>>332846513
>Helldivers. If you get 300+ kills (VERY good performance, pretty much only a thing from difficult 8 onwards)

Actually it's made even harder to grind with good groups because good runs in Helldivers = low kills, low alerts. You'd need a group that wants just kills and mostly no samples or XP
>>
>>332846724

The problem is, this achievement is far from done after you've unlocked and upgraded everything and have played all the content the game has to offer over and over again. By the time you're going for these 100k kills you'll be able to do high-level missions with a hand tied to your back. It's just a dumb grind of shit you'll in all likelihood be sick of by then
>>
>>332846724
I see three types:
1. No skill story based
2. No skill repetition based
3. Skill based
>>
>>332847629
>wm

are you autitsic
>>
>>332847629

>Wm

What kind of fucking name is that
>>
>>332847539
I would never go for such a stupid achievement, but at least the handful of hardcore obsessive fans of the game have something to strive for
>>332847629
there are at least a few more types - finding easter eggs and secrets doesn't really fit those, or other things that are more of a luck of the draw type situation.
>>
>>332845692

/thread
>>
any and all online multiplayer achievements that you cannot get by yourself
>>
>>332849394

These really suck when you buy a game whose MP is dead as fuck
>>
>>332849796
>buy game for 5$
>check achievements
>be first on leaderboards
>release date
>2005
>literally no one playing online
achievements like this should be illegal
>>
>>332849796
any and all MP games die, having achievements for them is horseshit
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.