[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: gta_online.jpg (93 KB, 688x401) Image search: [Google]
gta_online.jpg
93 KB, 688x401
What went wrong?
>>
Tried to stop all the things that made GTA fun
>>
Nothing it still constantly gets free updates

Shut the fuck up already
>>
>>332833282
Shark cards.
>>
>>332833426
>it still constantly gets free updates
Last noteworthy update was over 3 fucking months ago, and the last update worth actually replaying the game for was almost a year ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 693x693
>>332833282
P2W bullshit. The base game truly suffered. I'll never purchase a GTA on launch again.
>>
>have to pay health insurance when you die
>have to pay insurance to blow up cars
>deadly force at 1 star
>microtransactions
>even if you get a bunch of money, you can't buy fun toys without being a high level
>nothing to do except grind dull missions
>no weapons on maps
>>
It was very obviously built around microtransactions AND it wasn't even ready to be released when it was. Shit was so half-baked.
>>
>players auto-dumped into freeplay, less incentive to even touch other game modes
>most heist setups can be duo'd but must have 4 players to start
>unable to start anything without 4 players minimum
>if one person leaves, whole match goes kaput and everyones kicked
>awful lobby system in general with an outstandingly archaic foundation
>no fun allowed
>grindy as all fuck for no reason
>player models are awkward and clothing fits poorly
>overall selection of clothing is garbage
>clothing locked behind levels
>penalized for having fun
>shark cards
>SAMP was a better GTAO than GTAO
>>
>tfw enjoyed GTAIV for what it was, but slight disappointment at how super serious it took itself
>tfw was so hyped for V
>tfw V ended up being underwhelming, and everything was tuned towards online implementation
>tfw have no interest in future GTA games

Rockstar's taking the franchise way too seriously in a bad way. Hopefully VI drops the Online shit and they focus more on a well structured SP this time. Otherwise, I have no interest in a new GTA game.
>>
>>332836225
>SAMP was a better GTAO than GTAO
Agreed.

What GTAO really needed was some RP opportunities that don't consist of shooting-driving-repeat to make money on the side.
>>
>>332833282
nothing. its one of the best mutilplayer experiences of my life

idk why u faggots keep making this thread
>>
Most unfun grindy bullshit they could ever have made from GTA. Probably the entire opposite of how an Online GTA game should have been made.

The mission lobby was easily among the worst lobby systems ever created as well. How that piece of shit left the drawing board is beyond me.
>>
Why the fuck does it take forever to load?
>>
Rockstar being davidstar
>>
>>332837010
This game is the true definition of "wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle", fuck Bethesda. You can easily crank out upwards of 1000 hours of playtime in Online but in the end you spent most of your time doing the same repetitive, inconsequential shit.
>>
File: 1419504698760.jpg (130 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1419504698760.jpg
130 KB, 894x894
>>332837497
>fuck Bethesda
What
>>
>>332837497
Bethesda, Milton?
>>
>>332837742
>>332837781
Even if you've never heard that phrase in your two weeks of being here, you should be able to easily associate it with mediocre Betheshit titles.
>>
>>332838052
I agree that Bethesda is king of "Wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle" games, but I don't see how it's wrong for me to think he accidentally typed Bethesda rather than Rockstar.
>>
The story. Complaining about the gameplay is just nit-picking at this point. the only glaring issue was how shit the story and main characters were.
>>
>can't own shops and shit
>can't control areas of the city with your gang
>no mods allowed (a bunch of swedish autists made 5 countries for ets in a couple of years)
>no pve other than the retarded version of the police
>no crafting of some sort, I'm not talking about survival shit but expanding the city by buying and building, slapping bigger engines inside shitty cars

Also I still can't understand why you can't own some vehicles
>>
>>332838689
I see now
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.