[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOOM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: BFG 9000.jpg (72 KB, 736x588) Image search: [Google]
BFG 9000.jpg
72 KB, 736x588
So. May 13th.

Are you guys as fucking psyched as I am? If they do this right (that is, not like Doom 3), this game will be awesome. The trailers look amazing (and I get it, that's the job of the trailers, but still), and the idea of SnapMap is brilliant for usermade content.

Also, general Doom thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ4tSoumNk
>>
Are you a viral marketer, William?

I honestly don't give a shit about this game. My PC isn't powerful enough to run it, and I don't want to buy it on PS4 and then have to pay for PS Plus. I'll just keep playing the originals on my computer. I might even try getting Zandronum going to play some multiplayer.
>>
Talking aboutu DOOM, im watching Ahoy's video on it, its huge and enjoyable

Here's the link if you havent watch it yet, its 50 minutes but still worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4-SVUHQYI
>>
As a Halo player, this still looks like straight garbage.
>>
Doom 3 was great. Horror out the ass, it was great, and easy to get lost in.

Doom 4 looks like shit. No split screen campaign, and a multiplayer focus? Noone ever played Doom for the multiplayer, and the ones that did, certainly didn't play Brutal Doom like this seems to be a ripoff of.

It's trash, I won't be buying it, not until we get split screen on campaign at the very least.
>>
>>332794878

The closed beta kicks ass
>>
>>332795482

OP here. I saw that a while back, it's pretty informative. I keep meaning to watch his video about the influence of Quake on the evolution of video gaming, but haven't gotten around to it. I was a bit too young to play Doom when it originally came out (I was born in 1989), so I watched my older brother play when he was home from college (he's 18 years older than I am), so Quake was really MY first id Software FPS. They've put out four main games in the Quake series (not counting expansions and such). But I have gone back and played Doom over and over and over. I'm a huge fan of the Brutal Doom WAD. Though the Project MSX WAD is actually a lot of fun. Only problem with it is it doesn't come with levels, so it can get kind of stale if you don't have a level pack.
>>
>>332794878
>Go to Doomseeker
>Nobody playing Ghouls vs Humans
>>
>>332795923
>Noone ever played Doom for the multiplayer
Spot the underage.
>>
>>332795923
As much as I'd agree that split screen needs to be included, it becomes rarer and rarer for FPS games in general to include it.
>>
>>332794878
Is the MP just like Halo like everyone is saying? If so which game because that might not necessarily be a bad thing since I loved the shit out of Halo 2 and 3's MP modes.

What are some changes you'd like to see to the game?
>>
>>332795923

OP here.

Doom 3 was a good game, yeah. But it wasn't in the style of the original Doom games. Doom 1 and 2 were high-speed run-and-gun games, focused more on fast movement and adrenaline-fueled firepower than storytelling and jumpscares. If Doom 3 had been a stand-alone game, changed slightly to not be associated with the Doom franchise, it would have gotten far better reviews than it did. Don't get me wrong, I love the game. I had both it and the expansion Resurrection of Evil on my original Xbox, AND I bought the BFG edition on Steam. It just didn't feel like the original Doom games, which is why a lot of people who loved Doom 1 and 2 didn't like it.
>>
>>332795471
Buying doom for multiplayer. Buying any game for multiplayer. I'd say lets play spot the casual but I've already won
>>
>>332796697
It's like Halo if it had shitty movement, loadouts, perks, equipment, and no weapons on the maps.
>>
>>332796697

OP here.

I didn't really play much MP of Halo. At least not online. I played some splitscreen deathmatch with my brother, and when the Master Chief collection, that's the Xbox One package my brother and I got (he lives in a different state than I do). So we played through Halo 1-4's co-op together. I've not played Doom's closed alpha or beta, to be honest, I'm just a huge Doom fan who's eagerly awaiting a game that's been in the works for ages.

For your second question, changes I'd like to see are a return to Doom 1 and 2's fast-paced, frantic run-and-gun, seat-of-your-pants action. And judging by what they showed at E3, that's exactly what we're going to get.
>>
>>332796845
Any possibility of an arena mode giving players a basic loadout and weapons on the map? Or are all the loadouts in the beta final?
>>
File: 1452645663675.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452645663675.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
Cry all you want, /v/. Normies will buy it in droves and love it.
>>
>>332794878
I was hoping for Doom 4 to be RAGE 2.0 at best and didn't even get that. I got Halo-lite instead.
>>
>>332797464
Nope.
>>
>>332797464

Yes. There are going to be several different kinds of deathmatch modes.
>>
>>332796414
I don't know what you're smoking, but seriously all I ever did in Doom aside from local split screen deathmatches with friends, the online was never thriving, or an interest to me.

The campaign, and secrets are where all the fun is, and if you have a partner on the couch right next to you it's even funner.
>>
If anyone has a spare beta key, i'd appreciate it. My local gamestop didnt hand any out.

[email protected]
>>
>>332797523
Except they wont? Titanfall was way better than this nudoom shit, and look at it now. This will be evolve levels of fail
>>
>>332794878
looks like shit family
>>
It's gonna be total shit. I think I'll play Doom 3 on the day of release.
>>
>>332798821
Doom 3 looks better than Doom 4 actually.
>>
>>332798898
This.

Doom 4 looks generic.

It's literally Brutal Halo
>>
>>332798095
Anyone?
>>
>>332798575
Titanfall didn't have name recognition. D44M will be bought because
>Doom is like a total old school legend
>But it's so old it has ugly graphics and no online
>I'll just buy this new Doom and I'll be a real gamer who plays Doom
I know that's how it works because I was caught by it back in 00s with DX:IW.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459541302104.jpg (28 KB, 477x477) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459541302104.jpg
28 KB, 477x477
So hype. I love Doom. Been playing through the one and two lately. Loving beta, nice mindless violence.
>>
>>332799331
This, anyone with half a brain knows that normalfags will literally buy it just because "I'm such a le hardcore nerd".
>>
>>332796141
Project Brutality is a refinement on Brutal Doom in a lot of ways, give that a check out.

Also, I would be remiss if I did not shill this wonderful slab of meat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RElfXigIe4c
>>
>>332799331
It may sell on name recognition, but it won't be loved or have a long mp lifespan. See: EAfront. Theres no room for another long lived player on the block besides CoD and battlefield, and if there was outsourced MP sure wont be the one to do it.
>>
>>332800526
Lifespan is irrelevant, all it needs is to create sales.
>>
>>332799825
Well doom 2 was my first game ever and i'm buying this one, in fact i'd bought it even if it had different name simply because of the non regenerating health, which is rare nowadays.
Also i've been replaying wolfenstein TNO lately and i really like that they head healthpacks/food and armor. And even armor/health overcharge.
>>
>>332800775
the problem comes when they want to make a sequel to it
>>
>>332797464
>>332797645
ALLEGEDLY there will be some sort of classic mode but who knows. They also said the game would be fast so...
>>
>>332798095
Sent ;)
>>
>>332801241
They always can make Quake 5 instead of Doom next time, with different mosters, setting and weapons.
Then there is probably a Wolfenstein:TNO sequel coming out in 2017.
>>
>>332799331
>But it's so old it has ugly graphics and no online
Are you stupid? Doom has always had online. And it still has an active community.
>>
>>332803030
Does it have matchmaking? Ladder boards? Ranks and upgrades? Because that's what current normalfag sees online as.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.